Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
EE Wish list for AUJ
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Dec 30 2012, 1:38pm

Post #26 of 34 (176 views)
Shortcut
This! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I donīt mind that some of the dwarves donīt talk much in this particular movie, but I missed the Aragorn/Boromir-Legolas/Gimli-Gandalf/Frodo-kind of dialogue.

Since they leave Rivendell,(and even in Rivendell itself), there are few simple dialogue scenes between the members of the company.

They would fit nicely in Rivendell, just before the rock giants, before Goblin Town, and perhaps before Rivendell, when they are travelling through those beautiful landscapes of Middle Earth.

To put it simply, I missed dialogue in-between action sequences.

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Dec 30 2012, 4:43pm

Post #27 of 34 (145 views)
Shortcut
Absolutely! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I donīt mind that some of the dwarves donīt talk much in this particular movie, but I missed the Aragorn/Boromir-Legolas/Gimli-Gandalf/Frodo-kind of dialogue.

Since they leave Rivendell,(and even in Rivendell itself), there are few simple dialogue scenes between the members of the company.

They would fit nicely in Rivendell, just before the rock giants, before Goblin Town, and perhaps before Rivendell, when they are travelling through those beautiful landscapes of Middle Earth.

To put it simply, I missed dialogue in-between action sequences. ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ As Imin said, we need more slow character moments...the young Bilbo scene and the Hobbiton market will help... Also, the re-insertion of th High Fells Nazgul tomb sequence will help give the White Council scene a better sense of resolution and purpose.

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Ŋ Victoria Monfort

Mooseboy018
Gondor

Dec 30 2012, 5:55pm

Post #28 of 34 (128 views)
Shortcut
missing riddles [In reply to] Can't Post

There are four riddles from the book that weren't in the movie.

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Dec 30 2012, 5:59pm

Post #29 of 34 (142 views)
Shortcut
according to the main write Miss Boyens [In reply to] Can't Post

that scene will not be a EE scene but will be featured in DOS. I'm glad it didn't go that way, its far too short of time for Gandalf to trek all the way to the nazgul tombs than all the way into goblin town. I like the idea of him leaving Thorin and company at Mirkwood than going to the tombs. The sequence with Gandalf fighting zombie Thrain, Boyens said that will be in DOS too so i wouldn't get your hopes up for those to be included in the AUJ EE.

take me down to the woodland realm where the trees are green and the elf women are pretty, oh will you please take me home!!

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 30 2012, 6:23pm

Post #30 of 34 (134 views)
Shortcut
Aren't there 3 missing? [In reply to] Can't Post

The sun-daisy riddle, cat gets the boners riddle, and dark.

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Mooseboy018
Gondor

Dec 30 2012, 6:33pm

Post #31 of 34 (112 views)
Shortcut
Fishessssssssssssss [In reply to] Can't Post

so juicy sweet

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 30 2012, 6:36pm

Post #32 of 34 (109 views)
Shortcut
Oh of course! [In reply to] Can't Post

I wonder if they'll be in the EE?

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

YaznegSouth40
Rivendell

Dec 30 2012, 7:04pm

Post #33 of 34 (108 views)
Shortcut
Ave Moria...that is... [In reply to] Can't Post

an excellent list and exactly what all I want as well...especially extending the Moria battle (Azanibulzar) and extending the Erebor attack by Smaug. Just think in the extended for the Moria battle there could be the dwarves of the Iron Hills showing up like in the appendices and turning the tide of the battle! Even though they won't have Dain kill Azog!

Elessar
Valinor

Dec 30 2012, 7:10pm

Post #34 of 34 (117 views)
Shortcut
Mine [In reply to] Can't Post

I've seen plenty here that I'd like. So I won't mention those.

Bilbo checking out Nasril
Maybe a glimpse of the Balrog

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.