Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Oh, I liked Gimli...

sauget.diblosio
Grey Havens

Jan 1 2013, 1:39am

Views: 74
Shortcut
Oh, I liked Gimli... [In reply to] Can't Post

It's just every once in a while he came down with a case of movie-convention-itis. Whenever one of the films needed to lighten the tone,and there wasn't a hobbit around, there was poor old Gimli falling, belching, or saying something embarrassing. Unfortunately, PJ is never satisfied with something being merely amusing or clever, and has to push it to wacky and zany. And now that i think about it, i would actually argue that the hobbits came out of the trilogy with more dignity than Gimli!

Subject User Time
It's the....DWARVES! YaznegSouth40 Send a private message to YaznegSouth40 Dec 29 2012, 11:29pm
    A true take on dwarves..minus the horrible belching scene :) chrism628 Send a private message to chrism628 Dec 29 2012, 11:31pm
        Wasn't it a true... YaznegSouth40 Send a private message to YaznegSouth40 Dec 29 2012, 11:58pm
        Dwarves belched Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Dec 30 2012, 1:46am
            Yes! And to thank him for the beer :) // Aragalen the Green Send a private message to Aragalen the Green Dec 30 2012, 3:09am
    I really like how the fought. TheSexyBeard Send a private message to TheSexyBeard Dec 29 2012, 11:35pm
        I really loved the dwarves in The Hobbit. sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Dec 30 2012, 12:24am
            sauget.diblosio.... YaznegSouth40 Send a private message to YaznegSouth40 Dec 30 2012, 6:51pm
                And he belched. shadowdog Send a private message to shadowdog Dec 30 2012, 7:36pm
                Oh, I liked Gimli... sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Jan 1 2013, 1:39am
    I think they were well done Rostron2 Send a private message to Rostron2 Dec 30 2012, 1:05am
    I am a movie-firster Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Dec 30 2012, 2:54am
        Have you read the books since seeing the films?// Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Dec 30 2012, 3:09am
            Oh yes :) Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Dec 30 2012, 6:04am
                Dwarves are great Mahtion Send a private message to Mahtion Dec 30 2012, 7:55am
                Awesome! Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Dec 30 2012, 1:42pm
    Agreed ryouko Send a private message to ryouko Dec 30 2012, 4:13am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.