Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Happy (almost) 2013! It's an (almost) new year's Fiesta!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Dec 30 2012, 10:33pm

Post #76 of 94 (146 views)
Shortcut
We had three days of 28, 30 and 30 degrees. [In reply to] Can't Post

NP has never had two 30-degree days before. Heck, I don't think we've previously had two 30-degree days in the same decade.

Now we've got 20 degrees, wind and showers. I feel cold!

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 30 2012, 11:44pm

Post #77 of 94 (161 views)
Shortcut
He was yummy-looking on the red carpet too, at the premier [In reply to] Can't Post

Although I didn't get a good picture because I had to hold on to Ataahua. She kept trying to climb the barrier to get to the lovely Mr. Armitage. Cool

Roheryn
Grey Havens

Dec 30 2012, 11:53pm

Post #78 of 94 (158 views)
Shortcut
I watched as much of it [In reply to] Can't Post

as I could on TV, what with three kids running around underfoot demanding my attention, and NZS trying to make me come join them at the table for supper ("Not now, dear, I'm busy!"). I missed RA though, but I don't think I would have cared too much at that point. I did catch an interview with Hugo Weaving, and absolutely couldn't believe that same hairy man played our beloved Elrond. He looked more like a dwarf! Martin Freeman looked more like James Bond than a Hobbit, but Aidan and Dean, I thought, looked just right. :-)

So you never let Ataahua over the barrier? Pity, that would have been fun to see on TV. "Wait! Someone's jumped the barrier! She's charging over to the unsuspecting Richard Armitage! Oh my, she's grabbing his...CUT!"

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Dec 31 2012, 12:01am

Post #79 of 94 (151 views)
Shortcut
Oi! My character is being impugned! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hilariously, sure, but still...

(At that point I would have been more likely to ankle-tap Dean O'Gorman and have a wee chat with him about his dimples...)

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 31 2012, 12:11am

Post #80 of 94 (113 views)
Shortcut
Wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think *we've* had consecutive 30-degree days this summer so far. Though it doesn't usually get fierce here till January.

Yes, that change of ten degrees from one day to the next takes a bit of adjusting to!

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

Roheryn
Grey Havens

Dec 31 2012, 12:28am

Post #81 of 94 (144 views)
Shortcut
Chat about dimples? [In reply to] Can't Post

As in, "Hiya, Dean, if you show me yours I'll show you mine..."?

Pretty sure "chats about dimples" are supposed to take place behind closed doors. *ahem*

Starling
Half-elven

Dec 31 2012, 12:35am

Post #82 of 94 (135 views)
Shortcut
This sub-thread should be shut down immediately [In reply to] Can't Post

It's shocking for those of us with delicate sensibilities. *Fans self* Angelic

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 31 2012, 12:41am

Post #83 of 94 (152 views)
Shortcut
Oh, North and South will seal the deal. [In reply to] Can't Post

I have no doubt.

Silverlode

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 31 2012, 12:52am

Post #84 of 94 (134 views)
Shortcut
I have that on DVD [In reply to] Can't Post

and watched it once. It's quite nice, but now that I know RA is part of the cast, I might have to watch it again.Heart

Roheryn
Grey Havens

Dec 31 2012, 12:56am

Post #85 of 94 (118 views)
Shortcut
That'll teach you to think. ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

Here, try this:

When Thorin our passions ignites,
We fangirls together unite:
His smouldering fire
Makes us desire
A Dwarvish liaison tonight.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 31 2012, 1:11am

Post #86 of 94 (127 views)
Shortcut
Ro, next year we're going with Ataahua's plan. [In reply to] Can't Post

Find a private room in Wellington, preferably overlooking the parade route, with plenty of wine, food and access to bathrooms. We'll watch the TV coverage. Are you in?

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Dec 31 2012, 1:18am

Post #87 of 94 (117 views)
Shortcut
Now you've done it: [In reply to] Can't Post

The hotness of Dwarf-men hirsuit
Can prompt a keen fangirl persuit
Of lost, lonely kings
Who meltingly sing -
their swoons are a geek-girl salute!

(And say yes to entmaiden - go on, you know you want to!)

Ataahua's stories

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Dec 31 2012, 1:19am)

Roheryn
Grey Havens

Dec 31 2012, 2:05am

Post #88 of 94 (125 views)
Shortcut
Are you kidding? [In reply to] Can't Post

A girlie day or two without kids, with good friends, wine, and potential spottings of hot dwarves? Whoohoo! And by then we'll have the EE (*crosses fingers*), right? And we can watch every scene with Thorin -- especially-when-he-sings-Misty-Mountains-and-smoulders-his-way-right-into-our...*ahems* -- on endless repeat?!?

Yeehaw, Welly, here we come!

Cool

Roheryn
Grey Havens

Dec 31 2012, 2:27am

Post #89 of 94 (108 views)
Shortcut
ROFL! [In reply to] Can't Post

That deserves starting another thread.

I was starting a proper response but...NZS just came home from town with the soundtrack! Bless him!!! I'm going to be distracted for the next hour or so...

As if my arm needs twisting! I'm in! NZS says he'll stay home and watch the kids while we go gallavanting around strange places abandoning our nearest and dearest.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Dec 31 2012, 2:56am

Post #90 of 94 (106 views)
Shortcut
Aw - he knows a way to a Ro's heart. :) [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
NZS just came home from town with the soundtrack! Bless him!!! I'm going to be distracted for the next hour or so...

Ataahua's stories

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 31 2012, 3:06am

Post #91 of 94 (103 views)
Shortcut
Excellent! Let's do it. [In reply to] Can't Post

If I can, I'll arrange my trip to go back to C'church with you for a few days to visit. Maybe your daughter will remember me and not frown at me for the first 24 hours Wink

Ginger
Lorien

Dec 31 2012, 5:14pm

Post #92 of 94 (80 views)
Shortcut
A very late Hello! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's going ok. Someone at work retired, and I need to do parts of her job until a replacement is hired, but I told myself to stop working through lunch and take time to go TORn. And I think overall it helps to just feel a little refreshed.

Ginger
Lorien

Dec 31 2012, 5:20pm

Post #93 of 94 (88 views)
Shortcut
So good to see you too! [In reply to] Can't Post

16 months! Wow, time is flying. I "mooed" less with my third, too. It's just all the demands on all parts of the body.

I think I can still recite most of Freight Train. I just loved that book. I always meant to embroider pillow cases with the train for the kids - but they're in their early 30s, last 20s, so it's a little too late.

And it's amazing how quickly little ones learn to disrupt older siblings. And don't expect it to end for years to come. But even now when mine pick on each other, they're always the first do defend their siblings against others.

Vangalad
Lorien

Jan 1 2013, 1:02am

Post #94 of 94 (130 views)
Shortcut
Happy New Year to every corner of Middle Earth... [In reply to] Can't Post

or just Earth!
Best wishes to all fellow ringers and their families!
May 2013 be even better than 2012. Smile

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost,
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.