Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
What Tolkien-related xmas-gifts did you get this year?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Dec 27 2012, 7:40pm

Post #26 of 32 (78 views)
Shortcut
"The Hobbit" pocket-sized book, and Thorin's key [In reply to] Can't Post

My daughter gave me the book. It has a faux-leather cover and Tolkien's illustrations.

The key was in my stocking :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Dec 27 2012, 7:42pm

Post #27 of 32 (70 views)
Shortcut
Oh, my! [In reply to] Can't Post

We'll look forward to seeing your progress on the cross-stitch. The one you did of the map was spectacular.

"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 27 2012, 8:19pm

Post #28 of 32 (70 views)
Shortcut
The ornament! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd hung silneldor's piece of art on the tree when we first received it, and it had slipped my mind! Laugh

And this reminds me of another "present": everyone journeying home, so I was able to see The Hobbit with all three of my adult kids at one time. (And hubby, who isn't "into" fantasy, but now has seen it twice!) Priceless! Heart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 27 2012, 10:30pm

Post #29 of 32 (86 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm hoping somebody also gives me a time changer or a big bag of extra time...
I'm currently working on a work for my niece, who will arrive onto this world in April, and it still needs a lot of work. I made something for my nephew when he was born, but back then I had loads more time. Now with school and work combined, I'm hoping I'll be able to finish it in time for when the baby is born.

The new pattern doesn't look too big, but it has 15.000 stitches in it... yep, that's a lot. But I love the colours and the scene. I'll keep you updated on progress.

Ginger
Lorien

Dec 28 2012, 5:39pm

Post #30 of 32 (58 views)
Shortcut
My kids took me to see The Hobbit [In reply to] Can't Post

That was their gift; we would all go together. We went as a family (they're 32, 30 and 28) and it was just nice to be together.

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Dec 29 2012, 3:38am

Post #31 of 32 (47 views)
Shortcut
This: [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.wetanz.com/...parchment-art-print/

Definitely the coolest thing I opened this year.

I also got a copy of Mr. Bliss. Smile

FOTR 10th Anniversary Music Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33xJU3AIwsg

"You do not let your eyes see nor your ears hear, and that which is outside your daily life is not of account to you. Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."

Rivendweller
Lorien

Dec 30 2012, 2:39am

Post #32 of 32 (113 views)
Shortcut
" The Hobbit " Collectors Edition [In reply to] Can't Post

as well as A Hobbit book bag !!! AND The Hobbit 2013 wall calendar !

They are all wonderful !

I am SO easy to buy gifts for !! Sly

There's something of everything here, The Shire and the Golden Wood and Gondor and kings' houses and inns and meadows and mountains all mixed.

....and there are Elves when you want them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Formerly A'amel from days gone by.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.