Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Who is your favorite Dwarf from AUJ?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: Who is your favorite Dwarf from AUJ?
Thorin 42 / 34%
Balin 27 / 22%
Dwalin 6 / 5%
Kili 18 / 15%
Fili 1 / 1%
Bifur 6 / 5%
Bofur 21 / 17%
Bombur 0 / 0%
Nori 0 / 0%
Dori 0 / 0%
Ori 0 / 0%
Gloin 0 / 0%
Oin 1 / 1%
122 total votes

Súlimë
Rivendell

Jan 17 2013, 5:11am

Post #26 of 30 (151 views)
Shortcut
Balin! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love Balin!

Thorin -- very interesting interpretation. Though he has an unfair advantage considering how much screen time he's got.
Bofur is growing on me fast.

Fili/Kili don't get to do much (yet) it seems.

Lost_istari

Jan 18 2013, 7:24am

Post #27 of 30 (140 views)
Shortcut
Yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree completely, Balin really makes in impact in every scene in which he is features. He comes off very strong but sweet.

Regarding Thorin, he does have an unfair advantage, but I am loving likeable Thorin. The book was all about Bilbo for me, but one of the best surprises for me was Thorin. Richard Armitage gives him the kingly strength that a leader of such a diverse and hardy race should have.

Fili and Kili are so far eye candy, but I'm excited to see how they will develop leading up to The Battle of Five Armies.

For the record: Loving Bofur as well.

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Jan 18 2013, 5:27pm

Post #28 of 30 (248 views)
Shortcut
Bifur [In reply to] Can't Post

There is something very sad and touching about Bifur. At times he seems to be ignoring everything around him, yet I get the idea he is listening to everything as well. I noticed that when they confront the Goblin King in the Misty Mountains, Bifur is looking very intently at the Goblin King throughout their conversation. Bifur also attacks and helps kill the Orc, along with Dwalin, during the Warg chase scene when they are hiding behind the rocks.

When they are landed on the Carrock and Thorin is talking to Bilbo, you can see Bifur in the background shading his eyes and turning away: he is watching the Eagles as they swoop back around the Carrock.

I could be wrong, but when the ending scene of the battle of Moria is shown, there are a few Dwarves moving around; among them we see Thorin, Balin and Dwalin. I think Gloin is also there, and another Dwarf is seen moving off to the right from behind Thorin--I can't be sure but to me it looks like Bifur. No axe-blade in the head though.

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jan 23 2013, 7:34am

Post #29 of 30 (151 views)
Shortcut
Dwarves... [In reply to] Can't Post

When I saw the character posters I thought; "these are not the Dwarves my Elves played D&D with all those years...

After getting the WETA book and seeing the beginning designs and what they progressed to, all I can say is they're freakin' geniuses!

Some thoughts:

Legolas might be the guy you think is hot... Bofur is the guy you take home. Sweet, kind, loveable, funny, optomistic. And I'd never heard of James Nesbitt before, though he does seem very cool. Wait, no, belay that.... it's the hat.

Thanks you PJ for breaking the Dwarven stereotypes that were probably set in place by... umm... The Hobbit.

Fili and Kili work wonderfully. There are some young women who are being dragged away from sparkly vampires by these guys. Aidan Turner makes Kili more than a pretty face; he is a big goofy enthusiastic Siberian husky pup bounding into Bag End, tracking mud all over, chewing things up, and leaving dustbunnies the size of Smaug on the rugs. And then he's The Ninja Warrior Dwarf... and then he looks surprised that he actually deflected those arrows...

...hug'im squeeze'im take'im home...

Fili looks like a lion. Beautiful.

Balin is adorable. I want a plushy.

And then he kicks butt. Yeay old guys!

I live in York PA where we make Harleys... Dwalin would be right at home.

Ori is the kid we all were, the adorable nerd with his nose in a book...

Richard Armitage has a very large job ahead of him... and I think he will be Majestic.

I hope we see more character development for all 13!

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Apr 2 2013, 2:36am

Post #30 of 30 (194 views)
Shortcut
My list... [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Balin
2. Bofur
3. Dwalin
4. Bombur
5. Oin
6. Fili
7. Bifur
8. Thorin
9. Dori
10. Gloin
11. Nori
12. Ori
13. Kili

Some of these dwarves are low on the list because i just don't know enough about them yet (Dori, Nori, Gloin), and could move up the list as the next films come out. The bottom two (Ori, Fili) got quite a bit of screen time, but didn't impress me much, but they weren't terrible either. And Thorin's in the middle because he hasn't had the chance to show his true colors yet, but he wasn't exactly showing his best side in AUJ. The top 7 i'm pretty confident in, and i think i saw enough of to know that i do like them quite a bit, and that order is pretty representative of how much.

Overall, i really love the dwarves, and think they're one of the very best parts of of this trilogy.

(This post was edited by sauget.diblosio on Apr 2 2013, 2:43am)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.