Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
'Tis the week before Christmas reading thread
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Starling
Half-elven

Dec 20 2012, 1:38am

Post #26 of 27 (19 views)
Shortcut
Yes, you definitely have to have a library [In reply to] Can't Post

One of the nice things about yesterday was the librarian checking whether I'd had access to another library while South was closed. She was most anxious to know that I had been able to keep reading. Smile
Thankfully, the council has opened two smaller central libraries, which I have been using. I will keep using them as they are great. One of them even smells like the old library. All I need is for someone to play a recording of the squeaky escalator and it will be just like B.E.

The South Library stayed open until July, when they got the detailed building report, and then it abruptly closed overnight. (This has been happening a lot around the city.)
Although it is a new building, it is right beside the river, and lateral spreading meant that the building is now only 34% of code, which is not okay these days. They have propped it all along with red metal to bring it up to code, and it looks quite funky.

On a side note, lateral spreading is not only caused by earthquakes. It frequently comes about as a result of excess Christmas indulgence in delicious treats... Wink

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 20 2012, 8:16pm

Post #27 of 27 (107 views)
Shortcut
Hurrah! That's a great milestone. // [In reply to] Can't Post

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.