Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
Will Walmart get Hobbit figures in?

LordotRings93
Rohan

Dec 17 2012, 7:41pm

Post #1 of 8 (351 views)
Shortcut
Will Walmart get Hobbit figures in? Can't Post

Title says it all. My Walmart STILL hasn't gotten any Hobbit figures in. They have the LEGO sets, but not the figures from Bridge Direct. The company told me on Facebook Walmart was to get an endcap display in on the 1st and go on sale from there. Not even the Walmart sites list the figures. Where I live Walmart's my only option right now in getting them, so I'm curious if anyone else has a Walmart near them selling Hobbit figures?

Lover of Medieval Fantasy
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

stormcrow20
Gondor

Dec 17 2012, 9:45pm

Post #2 of 8 (98 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit figures at Walmart [In reply to] Can't Post

At this point, it seems that Walmart is getting a very limited supply of only the smaller scale (3.75 inch) single-pack figures. In my experience they are in a small and narrow hanging box display that holds a few dozen figures, and it was randomly placed at the inside end of an aisle in the Barbie section, rather than the action figure aisle. Each store is different as to what they carry and where they place things. So your best option as far as Walmart is to search the entire toy section yourself, as they could be anywhere. Good luck!

(This post was edited by stormcrow20 on Dec 17 2012, 9:48pm)

tolkiennerd
Lorien

Dec 18 2012, 6:05pm

Post #3 of 8 (95 views)
Shortcut
My Wal-Mart doesn't have them [In reply to] Can't Post

But let's face it it's Wal-mart. I found some at Toys'R'us but it's not in the city I live in so I know how annoying it is.

(This post was edited by tolkiennerd on Dec 18 2012, 6:05pm)

LordotRings93
Rohan

Dec 18 2012, 6:58pm

Post #4 of 8 (81 views)
Shortcut
Tell me about it... [In reply to] Can't Post

My Walmart is notorious for not stocking anything or getting things in on time, so I don't know why I expected to find any there. Tongue But I will look a bit harder for this little display mentioned. I only really looked in the one aisle where I thought they would be, where they keep those Marvel/Batman/Star Wars figures.

Magpie
Immortal

Dec 19 2012, 12:34am

Post #5 of 8 (77 views)
Shortcut
Walmarts have a number of select merchandise stores [In reply to] Can't Post

That is, these stores don't stock everything that a full sized Walmart might. They don't look small so don't let size deceive you. But, for example, the Walmart near my workplace doesn't have watches.

I have found that the largest stores with the most complete stock of merchandise tend to be outer tier suburb stores. But then, I live in a large urban area. The stores closer in pay more for land and for land taxes and they tend to be smaller than the ones further from the city's core.

So, if your Walmart doesn't have what you want, ask if there's another Walmart in the area that has a larger range of inventory.

Frankly, I hate shopping Walmart because I feel I must park a mile away, then walk a mile in, then wander an acre of sales floor trying to figure out where something is or what department it's in, then waylay a clerk against their will when I can't find it, only to be told they don't carry it (or don't even know what it is - like in the case of the LOTR Pez dispensers). And if I'm lucky, someone will get into a screaming match with someone else while I'm there.

Fun times. :-/

But, back in the day, I shopped the large Walmart at the outer rim fairly frequently for LOTR figures. I could also hit a Goodwill (for LOTR Burger King toys) and the Half Price Book store (for Tolkien books) at the same time.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Dec 19 2012, 2:44pm

Post #6 of 8 (88 views)
Shortcut
Target is no better... [In reply to] Can't Post

A search of Target.com only reveals the LEGO The Hobbit sets and boardgame. The nearest Toys R Us to us has had the smaller scale figures (including the two-packs), but not the 6-inch scale figures nor the toy Sting.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

YaznegSouth40
Rivendell

Dec 19 2012, 6:12pm

Post #7 of 8 (74 views)
Shortcut
LordotRings93....Are there any... [In reply to] Can't Post

Toys R' us near or close enough to where you live? I just yesterday picked up some of the Bridge Direct figures at our ToysR"us and they had a good sale of them for Christmas! We have two Walmarts in our city and in recent weeks they had none.... The Toys R'Us just got them! I have not been out this week to Wal-mart or Target,if and when I do I will check and see if they are beginning to carry them.

(This post was edited by YaznegSouth40 on Dec 19 2012, 6:14pm)

LordotRings93
Rohan

Dec 20 2012, 12:19am

Post #8 of 8 (238 views)
Shortcut
Closest one is an hour away [In reply to] Can't Post

And with my schedule, I don't have time to drive that far. My Walmart is at most 5 minutes from my house, which is why it would be convenient if they got them. Checked again today and nothing. I don't know why they'd get the LEGOs in, but not the figures.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.