Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
You're right about that...

Magpie
Immortal

Dec 20 2012, 7:50pm

Views: 155
Shortcut
You're right about that... [In reply to] Can't Post

"its obviously always nicer to enjoy something."

There's a 10th Anniversary of TTT movie thread on Main and I dug out an old email I wrote after I saw TTT for the first time. Then (because anything is better than cleaning), I dug out the other emails I wrote when I saw it the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 9th, 10th, and 11th times (I must have been too busy after #8).

I did make the same observation. These movies dug in over time rather than knocking me over at first glance. (although I was instantly charmed by many scenes in FOTR)

I also was reminded of how severely I had to talk to myself to get over the changes in Faramir in TTT. I was quite put out and it was messing with my ability to be happy and happy about the movie. So I worked at getting over it because 'it's nicer to enjoy something'. :-) The trick is letting in the good and deflecting bad.

I've discovered that a matinee is only $5 and I think I can pop for a few more viewings at $5 (plus the Christmas viewing). Plus, it will come to my neighborhood theater in the spring for $2/$3 and I'll see it a few more times then.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Subject User Time
What movies did you watch this weekend? deej Send a private message to deej Dec 17 2012, 1:34pm
    Life of Pi- beautiful! burrahobbit Send a private message to burrahobbit Dec 17 2012, 4:11pm
        We have this fair beauty marked down silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Dec 17 2012, 7:30pm
        We saw that a week or two ago and really loved it. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Dec 18 2012, 3:41am
        I am really looking forward to this one Starling Send a private message to Starling Dec 18 2012, 6:43am
            He's such a versatile director burrahobbit Send a private message to burrahobbit Dec 18 2012, 11:48am
    Safety Not Guaranteed / Jiro Dreams of Sushi Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Dec 17 2012, 4:28pm
    The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey HFR 3D--naturally. Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Dec 17 2012, 5:02pm
    more silly Hallmark movies on TV Annael Send a private message to Annael Dec 17 2012, 5:24pm
        The wife and i enjoy watching quite a few of these together. silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Dec 17 2012, 7:22pm
        We saw that one too Elberbeth Send a private message to Elberbeth Dec 17 2012, 9:06pm
        My siblings and I entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Dec 18 2012, 3:22pm
            LOL! Annael Send a private message to Annael Dec 18 2012, 3:57pm
                Oh, yes. entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Dec 19 2012, 12:36am
    RED. Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Dec 17 2012, 5:34pm
        RED is one of my guilty pleasures. Ettelewen Send a private message to Ettelewen Dec 18 2012, 12:50am
            "Next time, your girlfriend can wear the dress!" Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Dec 18 2012, 1:18am
    The Hobbit, in 2D. Tiny spoilers, and I do say whether or not I liked it, so Magpie may not want to open this post. ;-) AlassŽa Eruvande Send a private message to AlassŽa Eruvande Dec 17 2012, 6:14pm
    The Hobbit Hamfast Send a private message to Hamfast Dec 17 2012, 10:55pm
    The Hobbit, of course. wendy woo Send a private message to wendy woo Dec 18 2012, 1:09am
    Pixie Hollow: The Secret of Wings, and The Hobbit (no spoilers) Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Dec 18 2012, 3:39am
    The Hobbit.... Donry Send a private message to Donry Dec 19 2012, 4:39am
    Dr. Who (Spoilers for most recent season) zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Dec 19 2012, 4:52am
    The hobbit, Seven Psychopaths and TV series - that mitchell and webb look imin Send a private message to imin Dec 19 2012, 5:02am
        I wield so much power it makes me dizzy Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Dec 20 2012, 4:30am
            Hehe, i just didnt want to spoil anything for you so thought best to leave it imin Send a private message to imin Dec 20 2012, 4:49pm
                You're right about that... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Dec 20 2012, 7:50pm
    Uhhh.. ummmm... errrr... grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Dec 20 2012, 12:18am
    I am going to see The Hobbit in a couple of hours Starling Send a private message to Starling Dec 20 2012, 1:43am
        So do we all! :D Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Dec 20 2012, 2:22am
            Did I tell you I was betrayed? Starling Send a private message to Starling Dec 20 2012, 2:37am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.