Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*unlocks doors* It's Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

imin
Valinor

Dec 15 2012, 5:16pm

Post #51 of 54 (43 views)
Shortcut
Ah i see [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you get a bit of a faint feeling from seeing blood etc?

The jaw ache could be from when you had you mouth open for the check up - should go in a few days.

Yeah i have had to do some placements - they were the best part of the entire course! Smile

The first year at my uni the medics and dentists do the exact same modules etc. After that we gradually separate.

I have had loads hygiene related, lol. Lots of naughty children or phobic adults. They arent bad but more difficult from my perspective to treat than someone who walks in and talks you through their problems,

Can only think of one person who was bad. She refused to be treated by me as i am White and not Asian like she is. She thought i would be rubbish and dumb because of that. Oh and she didnt like the fact i am a man rather than a woman either.

Annael
Half-elven

Dec 15 2012, 5:20pm

Post #52 of 54 (48 views)
Shortcut
a mudroom [In reply to] Can't Post

is more like a foyer - you enter the house and stop to divest of clothing, but in my parents' house there's also a large clothes tub (what we call a set tub), washing machine, and dryer. The idea is that if you are clean, you may enter by the front door, but if you are dirty, you come in through the mudroom and leave the dirty clothes and boots there instead of tracking mud through the house.

A porch here can be enclosed with walls & windows, or open, but usually has some kind of roof. It's "outside" the house as you still have to go in through a door to get inside, even if there's a door to the porch too.

Some people have conservatories, but if they are freestanding we usually call them greenhouses. If they are attached to the house itself then they are called sun rooms.

The way we imagine our lives is the way we are going to go on living our lives.

- James Hillman, Healing Fiction

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Dec 15 2012, 5:56pm

Post #53 of 54 (72 views)
Shortcut
Two second places for Scoutie bear! [In reply to] Can't Post

Nothing for Mira but then... she is still very new to it!

Pleased with Scout though!

Your four weeks beats my two... you'll only be halfway through by the time I go back. Did I tell you I have a new job these days? Working in a museum, big change from what I'm used to, but I'm loving it. Never knew you could actually enjoy going to work!

Starling
Half-elven

Dec 15 2012, 7:26pm

Post #54 of 54 (182 views)
Shortcut
Good dog, Scout [In reply to] Can't Post

That's great, clever boy. Smile
Yes, I think I had heard somewhere along the way that you had a new job. I'm glad you are enjoying it. I was just talking to someone the other day who is new in our school, and she said she no longer experiences 'work-dread', which I thought was a great description.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.