The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
*%#&@! No SAG nom for Andy Serkis!!

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Dec 12 2012, 3:51pm

Post #1 of 15 (720 views)
Shortcut
*%#&@! No SAG nom for Andy Serkis!! Can't Post

Seriously, what is it going to take to get Andy nominated? I would have thought the Screen Actors Guild as a nominating body would be most in favor of recognizing that mo-cap is no diffferent than any other performance. Riddles in the Dark is being singled out again and again in critical reviews as golden. Andy is giving a classic literary character a groundbreaking and classic performance. He deserves so much more recognition from his own industry. And AUJ is probably his last chance for Gollum to be awarded that respect. Mad

jimmyfenn
Rohan

Dec 12 2012, 3:55pm

Post #2 of 15 (408 views)
Shortcut
i hope i hear... [In reply to] Can't Post

come oscar season,

and the best supporting actor goes to......andy/ian

"You Tolkien to me?!" - Hobbit de Niro

elevorn
Lorien

Dec 12 2012, 4:17pm

Post #3 of 15 (381 views)
Shortcut
bleh! [In reply to] Can't Post

Personally I lost all respect for those kinds of awards years ago because the guys that really work and do ground breaking stuff never seem to get the recognition they deserve. That and I completely threw out the Oscars as a legitimate award back when American Beauty won best picture. That movie was atrocious and just awful in every way. makes me cringe to think about it.

Andy Serkis is an incredible actor and he deserves tons of awards for his work. I hope he knows that he has legions of fans. Maybe TORn should give him an award. Let's make one up and show the world that we love Andy!!

"clever hobbits to climb so high!"
Check out my writing www.jdstudios.wordpress.com

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 12 2012, 4:33pm

Post #4 of 15 (338 views)
Shortcut
I never expected him to [In reply to] Can't Post

And even if he was nominated, he would never have one! I don't hold awards like this in high honour.

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Welsh hero
Gondor

Dec 12 2012, 4:33pm

Post #5 of 15 (341 views)
Shortcut
Actors don't like this modern tech [In reply to] Can't Post

they will never nominate an actor using it

-Irfon

Twitter: @IrfonPennant
middle earth timeline FB: https://www.facebook.com/MiddleEarth1

painjoiker
Grey Havens

Dec 12 2012, 4:47pm

Post #6 of 15 (319 views)
Shortcut
We actually should do this! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Maybe TORn should give him an award. Let's make one up and show the world that we love Andy!!

Vocalist in the semi-progressive metal band Arctic Eclipse

imin
Valinor

Dec 12 2012, 5:29pm

Post #7 of 15 (275 views)
Shortcut
Not to start a war of words [In reply to] Can't Post

But American Beauty is one of the best films of recent times.

imin
Valinor

Dec 12 2012, 5:33pm

Post #8 of 15 (274 views)
Shortcut
Could not agree more with this though :) [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Andy Serkis is an incredible actor and he deserves tons of awards for his work. I hope he knows that he has legions of fans. Maybe TORn should give him an award. Let's make one up and show the world that we love Andy!!

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Dec 12 2012, 5:37pm

Post #9 of 15 (261 views)
Shortcut
Win? No way! But I think a nomination is too long overdue. [In reply to] Can't Post

Unfortunately, Andy is further hindered by the fact that gracing a mo-cap performance with a nom would be setting a precedent. And while I agree that many high-profile acting awards have become often dubious in their selection of nominees, they still carry prestige in this world and Andy deserves that big time.

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Dec 12 2012, 5:51pm

Post #10 of 15 (247 views)
Shortcut
Yes but Andy already knows we love him. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's his peers (generally speaking, of course) who are treating him like chopped orc liver. And that's what galls me.

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Dec 12 2012, 6:00pm

Post #11 of 15 (246 views)
Shortcut
TORn Awards? In keeping with established TORn style, I propose... [In reply to] Can't Post

The Mithril Mo-cap Onsie!

=)

[work of Thick Knit]

NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

imin
Valinor

Dec 12 2012, 6:08pm

Post #12 of 15 (221 views)
Shortcut
Wow, haha thats great [In reply to] Can't Post

Would be so so warm!

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 12 2012, 6:46pm

Post #13 of 15 (205 views)
Shortcut
What every proud Dwarven warrior should wear in the depths of winter. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

elevorn
Lorien

Dec 12 2012, 7:55pm

Post #14 of 15 (171 views)
Shortcut
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion [In reply to] Can't Post

Mine just disagrees with you, so no harm no foul here.

"clever hobbits to climb so high!"
Check out my writing www.jdstudios.wordpress.com

Phibbus
Rohan

Dec 13 2012, 12:22am

Post #15 of 15 (137 views)
Shortcut
I'll second that [In reply to] Can't Post

I fully expected to hate American Beauty going into it, and for the first half hour it was confirming my expectations. Then I realized what the director was doing. The whole thing undergoes a subtle and constant stylistic change as Spacey's character transformation unfolds, and the skill required to pull that off won me over and still amazes me. Probably around 8th on my all-time best list.

Man is but an ass if he go about to expound this dream.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.