Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Box Office Bomb

gutty

Dec 12 2012, 5:08am

Post #1 of 10 (1704 views)
Shortcut
Box Office Bomb Can't Post

...Literally. There are zero tickets available in any theater in Stockholm, and this looking ahead more than a week in advance. Is the Hobbit sure to hit the $1 billion mark?

Flame of Udun
Rivendell

Dec 12 2012, 5:09am

Post #2 of 10 (713 views)
Shortcut
Your thread title really mislead me [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought you were going to mention how AUJ is going to fall way short of predicted ticket sale numbers Smile

"'Ai! ai!' wailed Legolas. 'A Balrog! A Balrog is come!'
Gimli stared with wide eyes. 'Durin's Bane!' he cried, and letting his axe fall he covered his face.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand. What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.''

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Dec 12 2012, 5:21am

Post #3 of 10 (649 views)
Shortcut
Bomb usually means something else [In reply to] Can't Post

when talking about movies ha ha. Great to hear it's off to a great start in Sweden!

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Dec 12 2012, 5:45am

Post #4 of 10 (553 views)
Shortcut
u should retitle ur thread [In reply to] Can't Post

instead of bomb say hit, box office hit is a good thing, box office bomb means the movie did not do well at the box office.

Owned.

Escapist
Gondor

Dec 12 2012, 5:57am

Post #5 of 10 (543 views)
Shortcut
I am happy that I will be in boondocksville when the movie comes out. [In reply to] Can't Post

I was able to get tickets out here in the boondocks a few days in advance but I am seriously worried about plans for Friday to see the movie ... I hope our fearless leader did get tickets ahead of time like we were going to ...

I also think the box office will blow up for this movie because of the number of people who will see it more than once.

Danielos
Rohan

Dec 12 2012, 7:19am

Post #6 of 10 (595 views)
Shortcut
Incorrect [In reply to] Can't Post

What on earth are you talking about? There are plenty of available tickets for The Hobbit in Stockholm. No show for today are sold out yet, for example.

gutty

Dec 12 2012, 8:30am

Post #7 of 10 (515 views)
Shortcut
Correct [In reply to] Can't Post

SF.se says otherwise!

Ioreth
The Shire

Dec 12 2012, 1:12pm

Post #8 of 10 (319 views)
Shortcut
sure about that? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
...Literally. There are zero tickets available in any theater in Stockholm, and this looking ahead more than a week in advance. Is the Hobbit sure to hit the $1 billion mark?

We did some singing from the Stockholm Tolkien society at the midnight premiere tonight and at least two of the choir members DID get tickets as late as some day before! Granted, maybe not the best seats but nonetheless! I queued for about 2 hours for tickets on row 2 in the beginning of december!

Ioreth
The Shire

Dec 12 2012, 1:43pm

Post #9 of 10 (292 views)
Shortcut
ticket sales [In reply to] Can't Post

for "normal" films, not premieres are wednesday-wednesday at SF ...
Guess you have to wait till thursday to be able to book one week later.

Edit: did check and there are PLENTY of tickets till next wednesday in most of Stockholms cinemas - at least about 100 per showing! as far as I can see ...

(This post was edited by Ioreth on Dec 12 2012, 1:44pm)

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Dec 12 2012, 3:51pm

Post #10 of 10 (214 views)
Shortcut
I do not think that word (bomb) means what you think it means... [In reply to] Can't Post

At least, not in the context in which you have used it.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.