Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The NEW "Questions! Questions from fans!" thread Spoilers for those Who Have Seen the Movie!--5.0
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Dec 13 2012, 4:02am

Post #51 of 63 (145 views)
Shortcut
I don't know how exact this is in accuracy, but I have heard [In reply to] Can't Post

from a pretty reliable source, that there may be some very subtle Balrog involvement in the Azog retreat after all. Evidently, when Azog retreats into Moria, the red, fiery light (seen in some trailers coming from within The East gate) appears within The East gate without any real explanation or evident cause. I will know for sure soon, but if that is correct, it may be just a singular subtle nod, or it may be an early indicator that we may, in the coming films, learn more of Azog's "escape" (however erroneous him escaping is), and that he fled to the type of safety only a Demon could provide. In a way this would dovetail with what he seemingly was trying to achieve in the actual backhistory. Azog did flee for the gate when he realized the battle was utterly lost for his folk, and it was immediately after slaying Azog at threshold of The East Gate that Dain beheld Durin's Bane, and came back "gray in the face, as one who has felt great fear."

In Reply To
Does the Lonely Mountain have an iconic silhouette from the outside? Or is just a generic mountain peak?

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Danielos
Rohan

Dec 13 2012, 4:51am

Post #52 of 63 (124 views)
Shortcut
Azog [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, for some peculiar reason the eagles let him escape, so there will be more of him in the later sequels.

Danielos
Rohan

Dec 13 2012, 4:53am

Post #53 of 63 (144 views)
Shortcut
Lonely Mountain [In reply to] Can't Post

Lonely Mountain looks epic, definietly not generic.

Mooseboy018
Gondor

Dec 13 2012, 6:29am

Post #54 of 63 (127 views)
Shortcut
eagles [In reply to] Can't Post

Is there any indication that the eagles are more than just animals? I know they don't speak, but do they just show up and save them, then drop them off at the end?

Is there any sort of explanation from Gandalf about who they are and what their motivations are?

Danielos
Rohan

Dec 13 2012, 7:07am

Post #55 of 63 (116 views)
Shortcut
Eagles = animals [In reply to] Can't Post

No, Gandalf call for help from the moth, the moth returns with the eagles who kick ass. They fly them to the carrock and then depart. But the birds never speak and there is no indication why they help, who they are and that any character understand their speech.

Still an awesome sequence though, looks brilliant!

macfalk
Valinor

Dec 13 2012, 8:50am

Post #56 of 63 (101 views)
Shortcut
The eagles are FANTASTIC [In reply to] Can't Post

I swear, they are so amazingly designed. They don't look "real" of course because of their size, but if there were any giant eagles on our planet, this is how they would have looked like. Tongue

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

macfalk
Valinor

Dec 13 2012, 8:51am

Post #57 of 63 (90 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, there are flames in the background in the aftermath of the battle, and it is left unexplained.

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

Notanelvishname
Lorien

Dec 13 2012, 9:40am

Post #58 of 63 (79 views)
Shortcut
I would bet [In reply to] Can't Post

That Beorn will kill Azog in DoS.
Bolg will be the big bad orc at the BotFA. And he will probably want to avenge his father.
Remember that at first the movie ended at the barrels.
There is no way Azog would have followed them after that. In my opinion Azog was going to die in the first of the two movie.
Now it will be in the second.
And that's also the reason why Bolg was almost totally cut from AUJ. His big reveal will happens in DoS.

Notanelvishname
Lorien

Dec 13 2012, 9:54am

Post #59 of 63 (81 views)
Shortcut
You got it wrong. [In reply to] Can't Post

Bilbo writes his book the morning of the Long-Expected Party.

Danielos
Rohan

Dec 13 2012, 9:57am

Post #60 of 63 (90 views)
Shortcut
I want them both in 3rd film [In reply to] Can't Post

It would be cool if Azog/Bolg would both be alive in BOFA. Then when they team up they will be able to kill Fili, Kili and Thorin.

Notanelvishname
Lorien

Dec 13 2012, 10:05am

Post #61 of 63 (73 views)
Shortcut
Sounds cool. [In reply to] Can't Post

But I am afraid dragging Azog thru film two and film three will make him non threatening by the end...
Imagine if Lurtz was still chasing Aragorn untill the Gates of Mordor...

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Dec 13 2012, 2:34pm

Post #62 of 63 (74 views)
Shortcut
Not at all! My enthusiasm for spoilers [In reply to] Can't Post

just got in the way Wink

I don't want to stifle any excitement or constrain people from wanting to share, so will probably not keep this particular thread going unless requested or others want to keep it going. It was convenient at first before the movie came out, to keep the spoilers in one safe place; but as you pointed out the movie is out!! and now fair game.

Thanks for your patience.

" 'Twas a near thing!" said Spam. "Came nigh to a-spoilin' me pantaloons."

Mooseboy018
Gondor

Dec 13 2012, 7:06pm

Post #63 of 63 (80 views)
Shortcut
*facepalm* [In reply to] Can't Post

Such a missed opportunity. Now as soon as the movie's over, my friends are just going to nag me about why the eagles didn't take them all the way to Erebor...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.