Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
I remember queuing for seats in the olden days

Starling
Valinor

Dec 11 2012, 6:41am

Views: 127
Shortcut
I remember queuing for seats in the olden days [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a really strong memory of standing for ages in the hot sun in the queue for 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' as a child. We finally got to the front of the queue, and out came the 'sold out' sign. We went to see Star Wars again instead, which I was perfectly happy about.

When allocated seating first came in I hated it. I couldn't stand the idea of someone telling me where to sit. But now I rather like it: If it's going to be busy, I can book good seats online and then just turn up. If it's off peak I can just turn up a few minutes before the film starts and get a good seat. And when the theatre is very quiet, I can ignore the seat allocation and pick my own spot at will.

I cannot stand the idea of having to turn up super early and stand in a line.

Subject User Time
When should I go to get good seat? PWOKristy Send a private message to PWOKristy Dec 10 2012, 6:01am
    EARLY!! hobbithobbit Send a private message to hobbithobbit Dec 10 2012, 6:14am
        Is queing for seats a big thing in the US? DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Dec 10 2012, 8:03am
            Ya, it's a big thing over here. jtarkey Send a private message to jtarkey Dec 10 2012, 11:05am
                Saturday at the theater...the manager told Bomby. Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Dec 10 2012, 2:34pm
            Half an hour for me. Glóin the Dark Send a private message to Glóin the Dark Dec 10 2012, 2:40pm
                Yup, I'll get there early-ish to get a good seat DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Dec 10 2012, 4:55pm
                    Queue early Finrod Send a private message to Finrod Dec 10 2012, 10:02pm
                        It's just a different mentality DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Dec 10 2012, 10:06pm
            Like jtarkey was saying, it's a big thing here for the popular shows Tim Send a private message to Tim Dec 10 2012, 3:22pm
            I remember queuing for seats in the olden days Starling Send a private message to Starling Dec 11 2012, 6:41am
    Anyone know about Saturday mornings? Eye's on Guard Send a private message to Eye's on Guard Dec 11 2012, 12:24am
    I'll be at the theatre at 10:30 grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Dec 11 2012, 2:15am
    It's probably best Recoveryanonymous Send a private message to Recoveryanonymous Dec 11 2012, 5:45am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.