Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Bolg...quiet on the review front....

YaznegSouth40
Rivendell

Dec 8 2012, 9:23pm

Post #1 of 13 (1091 views)
Shortcut
Bolg...quiet on the review front.... Can't Post

Why is Bolg been so unmentioned by those who have seen AUJ? In the Tv Spot 11 you can see what they over at Tolkiendim have said they believe is Azog ( who I believe may or may not be Azog because he does not face off with Thorin during the great battle years before) but I have not heard of Bolg's critique and how critics feel about him. Has Bolg gotten the same as Legolas and Tauriel and will not appear until Desolation of Smaug even though he has a action figure on store shelves as we speak.

haarp
Rivendell

Dec 8 2012, 9:32pm

Post #2 of 13 (482 views)
Shortcut
5 [In reply to] Can't Post

The reviews said he was a one sided not very interesting character.

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Dec 8 2012, 9:33pm

Post #3 of 13 (398 views)
Shortcut
I'm curious about Bolg also [In reply to] Can't Post

I like what they've done with his character in terms of his appearance, it makes him really stand out and the beard he wears (which presumably is not his own but cut from the corpse of some Dwarf) is a cool-looking touch.

To be honest, I'm not surprised that he's been left out of critic's attention, with so many other named Orcs/Goblins in these films (Goblin King, Yazneg, Azog, Bolg, Grinnah, Fimbul etc). That said, he's certainly the one among that list that stands out along with the Goblin King, so why he's not been given much notice is anyone's guess.

"Radagast is, of course, a worthy wizard, a master of shapes and changes of hue, and he has much lore of herbs and beasts, and birds are especially his friends."-Gandalf, The Lord of the Rings.

Lacrimae Rerum
Grey Havens

Dec 8 2012, 9:33pm

Post #4 of 13 (429 views)
Shortcut
I don't think that's true. [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you have a link?

The latest info we have is that he is not in it.

LR

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Dec 8 2012, 9:38pm

Post #5 of 13 (390 views)
Shortcut
That wouldn't surprise me, but then you could say the same about most of the Orcs/Uruks/Goblins in LOTR, with Gothmog being the only real exception [In reply to] Can't Post

"Radagast is, of course, a worthy wizard, a master of shapes and changes of hue, and he has much lore of herbs and beasts, and birds are especially his friends."-Gandalf, The Lord of the Rings.

Macsen
Lorien

Dec 8 2012, 9:40pm

Post #6 of 13 (388 views)
Shortcut
Whither Bolg? [In reply to] Can't Post

He isn't in the film.

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Dec 8 2012, 9:42pm

Post #7 of 13 (355 views)
Shortcut
Hmm that's strange, IMDb (though outdated) lists him as being in film 1, and Games Workshop have made a model of him..// [In reply to] Can't Post

YaznegSouth40
Rivendell

Dec 8 2012, 9:49pm

Post #8 of 13 (356 views)
Shortcut
So the only thing we can say is.... [In reply to] Can't Post

he is just not in this first film. I was looking forward to seeing how he would interact. Oh well...I guess we'll have to wait some more. Why release pics and an action figure and NOT have him a part of AUJ? Who knows ?

Notanelvishname
Lorien

Dec 8 2012, 9:49pm

Post #9 of 13 (412 views)
Shortcut
Nobody is talking about Bolg [In reply to] Can't Post

Because he is not in the movie. Not even mentioned. That's the reason why. Journalists don't even know he exist.

YaznegSouth40
Rivendell

Dec 8 2012, 9:53pm

Post #10 of 13 (374 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps... [In reply to] Can't Post

they are gonna go by the book more afterall with a twist: Bolg will be in charge and a torturer at Dol Guldur and then lead the Orcish hordes to the Battle of Five Armies. I stated on a thread a while back that I wonder if Bolg will have his own warg or not. Like I said: Whether the orcs come from Gundabad or Dol Guldur it is too long a trek by foot!

(This post was edited by YaznegSouth40 on Dec 8 2012, 9:54pm)

YaznegSouth40
Rivendell

Dec 8 2012, 10:47pm

Post #11 of 13 (315 views)
Shortcut
You know I just thought.... [In reply to] Can't Post

maybe the critics are doing us a favor and not letting on to Bolg and telling us nothing about him to keep from spoiling something good involving him. Critics can't tell us everything.

Lacrimae Rerum
Grey Havens

Dec 8 2012, 10:53pm

Post #12 of 13 (292 views)
Shortcut
Nope [In reply to] Can't Post

No need to make up theories. We have a definitive answer already.

LR

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 9 2012, 10:11am

Post #13 of 13 (148 views)
Shortcut
He's in ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Dol Guldur. And since we don't see much of DG, why would they keep Bolg a secret?

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.