Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
*Spolers* Bunch of Hobbit Clips...
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

waaimasjien
Bree

Dec 4 2012, 4:19pm

Post #51 of 62 (356 views)
Shortcut
Overall or just in The Hobbit? [In reply to] Can't Post

Since it works great in films like Atonement or the sometimes unreliable narrators in A Song of Ice and Fire.

But I meant it as a joke. If you think the action is over the top it's a nice way to explain it all away right?

That said, I think I'm going to hate the framing device as a whole, since it's only there to have Ian Holm and Elijah Wood in it. The bookend scenes are probably completely irrelevant. But, as always, we'll see.

dave_lf
Gondor

Dec 4 2012, 4:22pm

Post #52 of 62 (353 views)
Shortcut
Maybe it's *shouldn't* be [In reply to] Can't Post

but that's what I'm going to tell myself in my head from now on whenever I see something I don't like. Oh Bilbo! There you go again.

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 4 2012, 5:09pm

Post #53 of 62 (318 views)
Shortcut
Just The Hobbit [In reply to] Can't Post

It works better in other films, I agree. But I don't think it should be used as an excuse in this instance. It would just get silly - Bilbo made the Stone Giants up - and things like that.

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Elizabeth
Valinor

Dec 4 2012, 6:31pm

Post #54 of 62 (284 views)
Shortcut
"So Moria" [In reply to] Can't Post

That was my problem with it. Moria with rickety wooden trestles instead of disintegrating stone ones, *yawn*. And yes, the rate of goblins falling off trestles is totally lame and fake-looking.

Join us NOW in the Reading Room for detailed discussions of The Hobbit, July 9-Nov. 18!

Elizabeth is the TORnsib formerly known as 'erather'

Elizabeth
Valinor

Dec 4 2012, 6:36pm

Post #55 of 62 (321 views)
Shortcut
My geeky favorite... (Spoiler!) [In reply to] Can't Post

...was the one with Elrond identifying Orcrist and Glamdring. Although it was somewhat ruined by Balin's rectangular-patch eyebrows.

Freeman is perfect beyond all expectations.

Join us NOW in the Reading Room for detailed discussions of The Hobbit, July 9-Nov. 18!

Elizabeth is the TORnsib formerly known as 'erather'

Valandil ed Imladris
Lorien

Dec 4 2012, 7:39pm

Post #56 of 62 (254 views)
Shortcut
you're right [In reply to] Can't Post

the goblin town sequence looks childish. Hate the clip! It was supposed to be kind of a scary sequence! :'(

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Dec 4 2012, 10:55pm

Post #57 of 62 (266 views)
Shortcut
Looks like Warner Brothers strikes again. [In reply to] Can't Post

there is no longer any trace of the clips, and the link I had to one is now disabled as private.

In Reply To
http://www.youtube.com/...flow=grid&view=0

I only watched the Goblin Town one and it was... Unimpressed

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

tolktolk
Lorien

Dec 4 2012, 11:56pm

Post #58 of 62 (202 views)
Shortcut
Don't tell WB ... [In reply to] Can't Post

But the clips are still available here:

http://www.traileraddict.com/...bbit/feature-trailer

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Dec 5 2012, 2:14am

Post #59 of 62 (174 views)
Shortcut
and here [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k19pqrm70Eo

marillaraina
Rohan

Dec 5 2012, 2:57am

Post #60 of 62 (175 views)
Shortcut
Yeah [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought Goblin Town was a pretty cool sequence, what we saw of it.

I don't see what's so outlandish about Kili deflecting the arrows. He's very well trained fighter and an archer himself, if a beaten all to hell Aragorn can deflect and Uruk-hai thrown knife with his sword and I don't think it's that unlikely Kili could deflect a couple of arrows.

And dwarves are like you said very good engineers, so it's not all that out there that they'd be able to think of using a sturdy latter across a small chasm to get across it.

I don't recall hearing dwarves were supposed to be stupid or anything like that, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

I didn't watch Bilbo and Gollum but I watched all the others and really liked them. Fili and Kili arriving at "Mr Boggins" house were really kind of adorable. The Warg scene seems like the start of a bit of ominousness with them being "followed". I loved the Elrond talking about the swords scene and poor Bilbo and his "letter opener". :)

(This post was edited by marillaraina on Dec 5 2012, 3:04am)

totoro
Lorien

Dec 5 2012, 4:34am

Post #61 of 62 (157 views)
Shortcut
I didn't think I would ever say this, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

... I guess I'm done looking at spoilers. Time to wait patiently.

Hanzkaz
Rohan

Dec 5 2012, 8:51pm

Post #62 of 62 (144 views)
Shortcut
I liked the clips - [In reply to] Can't Post

- even the one with the gang of Dwarves barging through Goblin-Town wreaking havoc along the way. I imagine Dwarves are used to fighting in that kind of environment.

From the makers of 'The Lord of the Rings' comes the sequel to Peter Jackson's Hobbit Trilogy -
'The War in the North, Part I : The Sword in the Tomb'.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.