Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Richard Armitage interview and new hobbit clip!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

DarkJackal
Rohan

Dec 3 2012, 9:31pm

Post #51 of 70 (549 views)
Shortcut
Clickable link [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.marilyn.ca/...p818554&vp127686

The Hobbit Photo Gallery

Crunchable Birdses
Rohan

Dec 3 2012, 9:49pm

Post #52 of 70 (492 views)
Shortcut
With respect [In reply to] Can't Post

I have absolutely no idea what you are seeing here.

* crunch *

sycorax82
Rohan

Dec 3 2012, 10:13pm

Post #53 of 70 (499 views)
Shortcut
Mckellen and Armitage are gonna make this movie, methinks [In reply to] Can't Post

That was brilliant delivery from Sir Ian in that scene. Martin Freeman didn't have the right tone considering he was wondering if 'wolves' were out there.

Richard Armitage, it seems, kicks all kinds of ass. He's fully-embodied this legendary character. Even the way he takes out the warg is pure Thorin. Also, Dwalin is gonna kill lots of things in this trilogy, methinks!

Zherkezhi
Bree

Dec 3 2012, 10:24pm

Post #54 of 70 (471 views)
Shortcut
youtube link [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sHLi7HIpdQ

(This post was edited by Zherkezhi on Dec 3 2012, 10:24pm)

Metal Slug
Rivendell

Dec 4 2012, 12:03am

Post #55 of 70 (324 views)
Shortcut
Radagast's face has bird excriment [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey, just joined the forum. Wanted to say, "And Radagast still has bird poop prominently on the side of his face." Unimpressed How did Peter let that slide?

(This post was edited by Altaira on Dec 4 2012, 2:08am)

Glóin the Dark
Rivendell

Dec 4 2012, 12:27am

Post #56 of 70 (293 views)
Shortcut
Ah... [In reply to] Can't Post

...should be interesting to hear Bifur and Bombur, in that case, since I gather that their actors are both antipodean.

Carne
Tol Eressea

Dec 4 2012, 12:28am

Post #57 of 70 (298 views)
Shortcut
According to someone on Twitter, Bombur has no lines [In reply to] Can't Post

Frown

Though Stephen Hunter also mentions this in the Official Movie Guide (I think).

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Dec 4 2012, 12:29am

Post #58 of 70 (271 views)
Shortcut
Cool nickname, Gloin! :D / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Dlanor da Great
Rivendell

Dec 4 2012, 12:35am

Post #59 of 70 (318 views)
Shortcut
Uh oh...I fear PJ may surprise us with a Dwarf betrayle .... [In reply to] Can't Post

....i wonder which Dwarf turns out to be the traitor Tongue

Glóin the Dark
Rivendell

Dec 4 2012, 12:37am

Post #60 of 70 (274 views)
Shortcut
*No* lines?! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was expecting at least a demand for more pork-pie and salad.

Glóin the Dark
Rivendell

Dec 4 2012, 12:39am

Post #61 of 70 (250 views)
Shortcut
Why, thank you. [In reply to] Can't Post

Glóin the Dark
Rivendell

Dec 4 2012, 12:40am

Post #62 of 70 (301 views)
Shortcut
*Looks around suspiciously* [In reply to] Can't Post

easterlingchief1
Rivendell

Dec 4 2012, 12:47am

Post #63 of 70 (263 views)
Shortcut
Is it possible that there are 2 action scenes involving the Orc Hunters? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thinking back on it there was that still of a warg rider in broad daylight. And there is all the behind the scenes footage of the dwarves running across the twizel landscape, also in broad daylight. Assuming PJ and CO aren;t going to do day-for-night with this footage (what with the uncontrollable lighting conditions), can we expect there to be a thrilling action seen involving the wargs chasing/fighting the orcs in the daytime?

Could the infamous scene 88 be an appearance by the warg riders/Orc Hunters that has been added in for the sake of the film? And if so, I wonder where it takes place. Could it be set before the dwarves enter Rivendell?

duats
Grey Havens

Dec 4 2012, 1:40am

Post #64 of 70 (224 views)
Shortcut
The CGI is okay [In reply to] Can't Post

But it wasn't exactly a good take for PJ to use. Bilbo and Bofur just stand there staring off into space while Dori is run down by the Warg. No physical reaction whatsoever.

Glóin the Dark
Rivendell

Dec 4 2012, 1:47am

Post #65 of 70 (208 views)
Shortcut
Or... [In reply to] Can't Post

...perhaps it was a subtle commentary on their relaxed and nonchalant demeanour.

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Dec 4 2012, 2:06am

Post #66 of 70 (173 views)
Shortcut
You spelled excrement wrong [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue

Frito groaned. "I wish I had never been born," he said.
"Do not say that, dear Frito," cried Orlon. "It was a happy minute for us all when you were born."

Tim
Tol Eressea

Dec 4 2012, 2:15am

Post #67 of 70 (190 views)
Shortcut
There is a reaction [In reply to] Can't Post

They turn and look at the wolf and by the time they get a good look at it the wolf is on Dori. The camera leaves them both so you don't really get a chance to see them turn and look at Dori but you do see Bofur duck slightly. When it returns Kili is drawing his bow and you see their (mainly Bilbo's) reaction.

-Tim came by. Tim! If you had heard only a quarter of what I have heard about him, and I have only heard very little of all there is to hear, you would be prepared for any sort of remarkable tale.

redgiraffe
Rohan

Dec 4 2012, 3:22am

Post #68 of 70 (142 views)
Shortcut
Eh I don't know what to make of it. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
It does look a little too jerky like an HD TV and unfortunately, kind of fake. I'm hoping Jackson knows what he's doing with the HFR. Doesn't seem to have the same moody atmosphere that helped make LOTR great, when everything is so clean and crisp.

None of the other shots from trailers and TV have looked like this. Even the clip we saw with Gandalf giving sting to Bilbo looked fine. But this warg scene just looked really weird.

This scene looked fine until things started moving fast. It almost looked like Richard Armitage was filmed on green screen when he killed that warg. But they probably filmed this on location I'm sure. I couldn't really tell whether or not the CGI was good or bad. A little too quick to tell.

It's kind of upsetting because the weird look is what made me not like this clip. Overall, the scene was pretty exciting and had me on my toes. But something about the visuals looked really freaking bad.

-Sir are you classified as human
-Negative, I am a meat-popsicle

totoro
Lorien

Dec 4 2012, 4:01am

Post #69 of 70 (122 views)
Shortcut
My guess is Sauruman [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
....i wonder which Dwarf turns out to be the traitor Tongue

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 4 2012, 8:02am

Post #70 of 70 (94 views)
Shortcut
Really? [In reply to] Can't Post

Bifur doesn't really talk either. I'm sure they'd give him one thing to say.

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.