Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
New TV Spot (#12 ?)

Findun
The Shire

Dec 3 2012, 1:56pm

Post #1 of 25 (2484 views)
Shortcut
New TV Spot (#12 ?) Can't Post

Spoiler !

Poor quality I regret, but a lot of new footage

https://www.youtube.com/...ed&v=BFKEquIjGq8

I'm sorry if the spot has already been shown

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 3 2012, 1:59pm

Post #2 of 25 (1071 views)
Shortcut
Quite a lot of new footage! [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't remember seeing this one?

- What are the Dwarves charging into? Trolls?
- You can see Radagast swinging his staff in Dol Guldur (or the tombs) ... whichever it is

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Dec 3 2012, 2:03pm

Post #3 of 25 (1004 views)
Shortcut
Great to hear the younger Dwarves speaking! [In reply to] Can't Post

Loved Ori - "I'm up for it!" Laugh

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Æ Victoria Monfort

Elessar
Valinor

Dec 3 2012, 2:07pm

Post #4 of 25 (969 views)
Shortcut
Better than nothing [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for sharing. Just hope that it gets posted in real good quality now.

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Dec 3 2012, 2:10pm

Post #5 of 25 (1040 views)
Shortcut
Bolg? [In reply to] Can't Post

I just watched it and thought it might be Bolg in Dol Guldur swinging his heavy weapon.

Also if you stop the video at the clash of the dwarves vs. orcs (Battle of Azanulbizar)... there is an orc that could be Bold aswell... perhaps it's even Azog? But it looks very similar to Bolgs armor.

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

utku
Rivendell

Dec 3 2012, 2:33pm

Post #6 of 25 (866 views)
Shortcut
Why are they not online?! [In reply to] Can't Post

Are the guys in charge of Warner Bros youtube channel having food poisoning or something, we have been seeing the best TV Spots in a row and none of them is uploaded?!

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Dec 3 2012, 3:03pm

Post #7 of 25 (816 views)
Shortcut
I'm starting to see spots before my eyes...// [In reply to] Can't Post

Frito groaned. "I wish I had never been born," he said.
"Do not say that, dear Frito," cried Orlon. "It was a happy minute for us all when you were born."

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Dec 3 2012, 3:21pm

Post #8 of 25 (827 views)
Shortcut
Okay not Bolg but... [In reply to] Can't Post

it's Radagast... and it seems that he is fighting a blue ghost or something... Wasn't there someone who already mentioned a "blue spectral figure" in Dol Guldur fighting Radagast? A Nazgūl? The Witch King? The Necromancer? Or a wight? And why blue?

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

LordotRings93
Rohan

Dec 3 2012, 3:23pm

Post #9 of 25 (787 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

There's been about 6 TV spots now that haven't bee uploaded by WB online. I wonder if they will. I'd like to see all these in a clearer form.

Lover of Medieval Fantasy
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

Azaghāl
Lorien

Dec 3 2012, 4:03pm

Post #10 of 25 (741 views)
Shortcut
It's great but [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Loved Ori - "I'm up for it!" Laugh

I loved Dori's response to Ori even better - "Sit down!" Laugh

The dwarves personalities will make these movies amazing!

*Baruk khazād! Khazād ai-mźnu!*

Cave Troll
Rivendell

Dec 3 2012, 4:18pm

Post #11 of 25 (672 views)
Shortcut
It's fantastic! [In reply to] Can't Post

In just 30 seconds, you get a decent feel for the characters of Thorin, Fili, Ori, Dori and even the pacing Balin. That's impressive.

Also, the galloping wargs are magnificent.

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 3 2012, 4:34pm

Post #12 of 25 (626 views)
Shortcut
Probably a Ringwraith [In reply to] Can't Post

And probably not blue - night be the poor quality of the video.

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Dec 3 2012, 5:15pm

Post #13 of 25 (549 views)
Shortcut
It looks like the Dwarves are charging the giant pale orcs of Azog/Bolg's king at Azanulbizar IMO. // [In reply to] Can't Post

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 3 2012, 5:41pm

Post #14 of 25 (487 views)
Shortcut
I see three of them [In reply to] Can't Post

If that's any help Tongue

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Dec 3 2012, 5:50pm

Post #15 of 25 (473 views)
Shortcut
Wait, which shot are you talking about? [In reply to] Can't Post

The shot with the Dwarves charging, which was seen in the previous TV spot is well, looks like they're charging a line of numerous Orcs...the following shot, with one of the trolls reacting to Thorin's slice to the arm, is from a separate scene.

2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 3 2012, 5:58pm

Post #16 of 25 (449 views)
Shortcut
Not the Tom/Bert/William [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought the things the Dwarves charge into just before we're also trolls? Or something bigger than them?Crazy

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Dec 3 2012, 6:04pm

Post #17 of 25 (463 views)
Shortcut
Ah, okay. Yes, I believe that's Azanulbizar... [In reply to] Can't Post

Azog/Bolg's breed of Orc seems like it's going to be enormous (E. Lilly mentioned fighting Orcs that were ten-feet tall), to compared to Dwarves who are on average about 5-feet tall, those proportions seem correct for the visual of Orcs in that shot. Also, it looks like you can see the white rivets/striations which run down Bolg's legs on some of the things in question from the new spot, though it's hard to tell due to the quality. Wink

NamelessThing

Dec 3 2012, 6:29pm

Post #18 of 25 (435 views)
Shortcut
The "blue spectral thing" appears [In reply to] Can't Post

That was me! I'm relieved that this finally made its way online, so that others can see what I'm talking about.

It's hard to tell from the distortion that comes with filming something on a TV screen, but the "spectral figure" has a much more definite shape and IS pale blue. Maybe we'll get a HD version that's not all blown out soon.

Snulleman
The Shire

Dec 3 2012, 6:33pm

Post #19 of 25 (454 views)
Shortcut
Young Thorin & Dwalin? [In reply to] Can't Post

Poor quality but a nice nice TV spot. In the clip of the dwarves charging @ 0:15, is that a young
Thorin leading the charge and a young Dwalin with a mohawk or "high ponytail" to the left???!?!

Thoromir
Rivendell

Dec 3 2012, 7:15pm

Post #20 of 25 (357 views)
Shortcut
Those wargs are fast! [In reply to] Can't Post

I like it. They look more dangerous and fierce in a way (compared to the ones in TTT).

And OMG... first tv spot spotted on tv (Holland) as we speak (about time:p)

YaznegSouth40
Rivendell

Dec 3 2012, 9:35pm

Post #21 of 25 (249 views)
Shortcut
SO...AWESOME...WOW... [In reply to] Can't Post

I am starting to realize this and quite frankly all three films will be the most amazing films I have witnessed! The potential is here for an all timer on an EPIC scale not seen...record breaking followership I truly believe! I knew I was excited for a reason! I have seen so many different TV Spots on my television in the last two weeks it aint even funny! My anticipation GROWS!

Aitieuriskon
Lorien

Dec 3 2012, 10:58pm

Post #22 of 25 (198 views)
Shortcut
Dwalin's hairstyle [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it's just a widow's peak, not a separate mohawk.

"After all, I believe that legends and myths are largely made of 'truth', and indeed present aspects of it that can only be received in this mode; and long ago certain truths and modes of this kind were discovered and must always reappear." Professor Tolkien, 1951

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Dec 4 2012, 2:04am

Post #23 of 25 (132 views)
Shortcut
Nice shot of Radagast in action, is he in Dol Guldur? // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Do not say that, dear Frito," cried Orlon. "It was a happy minute for us all when you were born."

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Dec 5 2012, 4:30pm

Post #24 of 25 (82 views)
Shortcut
I now know who he is fighting... [HEAVY SPOILER] [In reply to] Can't Post

A friend of mine told me about it: It's Radagast fighting the Witch King of Angmar in Dol Guldur after he found the Morgul blade there.

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Dec 6 2012, 12:04am

Post #25 of 25 (60 views)
Shortcut
Ah, is that him [In reply to] Can't Post

in the quick scene I saw? Right after the Troll, and the Warg jumping?? I had to hit "pause" a lot to see Radagast's hat.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.