Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
How do you feel about your name?
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: How do you feel about your name?
Love/proud of my name 21 / 18%
Like my name 23 / 19%
Meh...it's okay 7 / 6%
Don't like (or hate) my name, but what can you do? 8 / 7%
Used to dislike my name, but accept it now 9 / 8%
Like/love my name but go by a nickname (or middle name) 6 / 5%
Go by a middle or nickname because I don't like my first name 2 / 2%
My name suits me 17 / 14%
My name doesn't suit me 6 / 5%
I get (used to get) teased about my name and it bugs me 3 / 2%
I get (used to get) teased about my name, but it doesn't bother me 5 / 4%
I don't care what you call me, just don't call me late for dinner :P 6 / 5%
What's in a name? 4 / 3%
Other 3 / 2%
120 total votes

zarabia
Grey Havens

Dec 16 2012, 3:30am

Post #51 of 55 (87 views)
Shortcut
I loved that name when I was young [In reply to] Can't Post

I still think it's pretty, but when I was little, I wanted to be named Audra myself.Smile I used to watch The Big Valley which had a charcter named Audra who was played by a young Linda Evens. Her character was a bit wimpy; I thought the mother was much cooler (she was played by Barabra Stanwick who had always played strong women), but I loved the name Audra. I would never have made fun of you. Smile

Gimli'sBox
Gondor

Dec 16 2012, 6:16pm

Post #52 of 55 (67 views)
Shortcut
I go by my middle name's nick name... [In reply to] Can't Post

"Nic". I really like it a lot but, I hate it when I tell people my name is Nic and they instantly say "Nikki?". It happens pretty much every time but, I try not to let it bother me. It's short for Nicholette, which is just a mouthful. I like it but, much prefer to be called Nic. In a way it makes me extremely thankful for the people who will call me Nic from the beginning without questioning. Almost as if our relationship is getting off on the right foot because they listen to what I say and not try to change "who I am." It's always awkward when well meaning people insult you basically by saying that you're too pretty to be called "just Nic." Thank you...I think. Haha.

My first name is Michele, after my aunt. My mom didn't really want to call me that but, last minute dad asked if they could. Mom said yes but, she told him she wouldn't call me that. I'm not fond of Michele and almost wish it had two Ls instead of one but, that's kind of nitpicky. It's FUN to troll people when they ask what my middle name is. Evil

Aethelwyne Bolger
Bree

Dec 18 2012, 2:25am

Post #53 of 55 (57 views)
Shortcut
Aw, thanks Zarabia! [In reply to] Can't Post

The Big Valley is actually how my parents decided on Audra, even though my Granny's name was Audrey. If they stuck directly with my grandparents' names, I would have been Audrey Annie. So they compromised and called me Audra Ann instead. Plus, my dad loves westerns.
I don't remember The Big Valley from childhood though my dad watches it on cable sometimes nowadays. I grew up watching reruns of Bonanza, Wagon Train, and The Rifleman. I had such a crush on the boy from the Rifleman until I realized he was really my parents' age. Little Joe was cute but I couldn't see him as anyone younger than Laura's dad from Little House and the angel from Highway to Heaven, so he was OLD to me!

zarabia
Grey Havens

Dec 18 2012, 4:57am

Post #54 of 55 (529 views)
Shortcut
Haha, it was the same with me [In reply to] Can't Post

I watched Big Valley re-runs on weekday afternoons after cartoons. It was a bit confusing to see The Six Million Dollar Man looking so young in the afternoons on Big Valley, and then see a ten-year-older looking Heath (his character on Big Valley) on Six Million Dollar Man. Same with Little Joe and Pa.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Apr 2 2013, 1:34am

Post #55 of 55 (124 views)
Shortcut
I've felt very ambivalent about my name throughout my life. [In reply to] Can't Post

Sometimes i think it's alright, sometimes i think it's kind of boring. There was even a period as a kid where i considered going by my middle name, and my mom was cool with it, but nothing ever came of it. But i've never felt too strongly either way about it. I have come to realize, though, that it does suit me, and i actually do like it when certain people, who seem to like my name, call me by my name.

So yeah, my name suits me.

It's Kevin, by the way.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.