Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Moot report: The Hobbit world premiere
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Eledhwen
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 29 2012, 3:21pm

Post #26 of 42 (561 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, Ataahua! [In reply to] Can't Post

At least we can experience it vicariously. Smile Glad you all had such a good time.

Storm clouds

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 30 2012, 1:41am

Post #27 of 42 (437 views)
Shortcut
Fabulous Pictures!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Cripes, Ataahua... you've planted me right there with you all. You can feel the excitement... of the crowd AND of cast & crew!! :) Thank you for this. Just wonderful!

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Nov 30 2012, 1:56am

Post #28 of 42 (469 views)
Shortcut
I'll have to view [In reply to] Can't Post

the replay again and see if I can slow it down at that point to look for the rest of you. We know for sure it was her now after seeing the photos of what she was wearing and chatting on FB Smile

We did see that Hobbit Heart sign too, so the cameras were on your area quite a bit.

Bag ENZ Home of the Hobbit *with thanks to cameragod ;D*

One by one they faded, and fell into shadow...

One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

silneldor
Half-elven

Nov 30 2012, 4:04am

Post #29 of 42 (469 views)
Shortcut
You guys were so cool (and hot) [In reply to] Can't Post

being there to catch that grand first wave. What a blast!

This is HISTORY in the making and you are our life-line reporters. It was really a joy to see all of your ear-to-ear smiles too.
Thank you Ataahua for the all the great shots. AND i knew L Ron was normal, especially appearing so with me aroundCrazy.

...And where the heck is our Larry i'd like to know. WHY wasn't he there too?
Now what better fellowship can there be, seeing you all togetherSmile.
CHEERS

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 30 2012, 4:21am

Post #30 of 42 (568 views)
Shortcut
Mr Cere has reported a few time on the Home Page [In reply to] Can't Post

Unfortunately, he's having major computer problems, so much of his reporting may be delayed until he gets home. I guess the other TORn folk in NZ are also having hotel internet connection problems. It just goes with the territory of traveling. I'm sure we'll have much more soon!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Ardamírë
Valinor

Nov 30 2012, 9:55pm

Post #31 of 42 (435 views)
Shortcut
Your pictures are amazing! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's wonderful that you were able to get such great and clear shots of everyone. And you're right, Philippa looks stunning there.

"...and his first memory of Middle-earth was the green stone above her breast as she sang above his cradle while Gondolin was still in flower." -Unfinished Tales

Ardamírë
Valinor

Nov 30 2012, 10:00pm

Post #32 of 42 (561 views)
Shortcut
I was watching the live-stream [In reply to] Can't Post

When Richard got interviewed and mentioned the "hot dwarves." How crazy to think of you all being right there on the other side of the camera at the same time! Sounds like you all enjoyed yourselves Smile

"...and his first memory of Middle-earth was the green stone above her breast as she sang above his cradle while Gondolin was still in flower." -Unfinished Tales

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 1 2012, 11:17pm

Post #33 of 42 (469 views)
Shortcut
LRon, Ataahua and I [In reply to] Can't Post

Cheered when RA said that. Got a lot of strange looks Cool

Ardamírë
Valinor

Dec 2 2012, 12:05am

Post #34 of 42 (488 views)
Shortcut
I'm very jealous! [In reply to] Can't Post

Being there sounds fantastic! I'd love to somehow make it one of the next two Smile

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 2 2012, 3:59am

Post #35 of 42 (422 views)
Shortcut
"Keep calm and carry a pocket handkerchief"! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love that! Do you know where L. Ron got that button?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 2 2012, 4:05am

Post #36 of 42 (454 views)
Shortcut
Hot dwarves! [In reply to] Can't Post

How awesome is that, that the T-shirt made such an impression on Richard Armitage, he now thinks of himself as a "Hot Dwarf"! Laugh

And so glad alienorchid could meet up with everyone! Smile

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 2 2012, 4:14am

Post #37 of 42 (422 views)
Shortcut
Phillipa is lovely [In reply to] Can't Post

and Peter looks like he's just come from finishing the film after pulling an all-nighter in the editing room! Laugh But then, he tends to look somewhat frazzled when he's intent on something. Notice how attentive the bodyguards are - keeping our "precious" safe.

That Gollum scene is amazing. Was there any jiggling around or movement to it? How high above the head was it?

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 2 2012, 4:28am

Post #38 of 42 (426 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

This is indeed the next-best thing to being there, it's fun to (as weaver put it) "peek over your shoulder" and enjoy the event! Smile

On a side note: I didn't know Kiwis used the term "hoover", I'd only heard from my Midwestern grandma! Laugh

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Dec 2 2012, 8:15am

Post #39 of 42 (459 views)
Shortcut
Blame TV for 'hoover'. [In reply to] Can't Post

We 'vacuum' the house but TV-language seeps in without us realising it!

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 2 2012, 6:58pm

Post #40 of 42 (446 views)
Shortcut
Gollum doesn't move [In reply to] Can't Post

and he's about 20 feet above our heads. He is giant - there's a brochure at the airport showing the installation. There's a picture with someone from Weta making final changes, and he's about as tall as Gollum's head.

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Dec 3 2012, 1:47am

Post #41 of 42 (379 views)
Shortcut
TORn was selling them at their NY ComicCon table. They may still have some,// [In reply to] Can't Post

"123456!... password!... password1!... password2!... Gimli, do you know Durin's date of birth? Thanks. 140457!... mithril@!... mithril#!... maltbeer!... qwerty!... Legolas, do your elf eyes see any post-its lying around the base of the cliff?"

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 3 2012, 11:09am

Post #42 of 42 (578 views)
Shortcut
Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

You have some great pictures as well!

The t-shirt really got some attention. When I walked along the red carpet to check out all the amazing stuff going on. I was stopped a few times for pictures, people took pictures without asking, and it just turned a lot of heads.

The "aragorn" NZ flight crew member even got on his knees for our t-shirt, so he would be dwarven height and we would Heart him as well. Had a good laugh about it, he even wanted a picture of us with him (talking about the different way around, not us wanting a picture with him, but him wanting a picture with us (I was starting to feel really important at that moment Wink)). We couldn't hear the interviews or properly see the screen from our spot, so I missed the RA comment, good thing you caught it!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.