Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Peter Jackson: “The best fantasy is real."

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 25 2012, 8:45pm

Post #1 of 5 (428 views)
Shortcut
Peter Jackson: “The best fantasy is real." Can't Post

Dominion Post reporter Tom Cardy talks with Peter Jackson just days out from The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey premier:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/...-shooting-The-Hobbit

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Nov 25 2012, 10:00pm

Post #2 of 5 (136 views)
Shortcut
Indeed it is [In reply to] Can't Post

This is the trick of writing good fantasy.

But every word you say today
Gets twisted 'round some other way
And they'll hurt you if they think you've lied

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 27 2012, 1:12am

Post #3 of 5 (76 views)
Shortcut
wow... So many things have crossed my mind [In reply to] Can't Post

as I've read this article. First... I can't explain how incredibly happy I am that Peter is having so much fun with this filming :D I remember his apprehension in the many months before the Hobbit finally got the green light made me sad... but I understood and accepted it because it's what he wanted. I was just elated that the years he put into saving this project finally paid off. Now... to read his unmistakable joy at telling this story and realizing he wasn't going against or competing with LotR is awesome! As I read this, I hear the same geeky fan with Peter as the interview we recently had with Philippa Boyens. These people are amazing AND are fans standing along with us.

The other thing that struck me with the several articles and clips I've seen over the past hour or two (or 3 or 4 ;) is how we probably would never have had this joy and excitement shared with us if these films had been made in the U.S. or anywhere else. NZ is a hometown, and they tell the hometown stories with the passion and pride all communities share when great things are happening... especially right there in Wellington :)

Seeing this phenomenon of enthusiasm, togetherness and pride we witnessed with LotR exploding again with The Hobbit is so gratifying and dreamlike. I just can't express my utter elation for this 12-year journey with more years to come!! The best fantasy definitely is real... especially when Jackson and Tolkien are involved!

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Nov 27 2012, 2:00am

Post #4 of 5 (63 views)
Shortcut
I feel so much better now that I read this. [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree with him on so many aspects. Also

"The majority of what we're putting in The Hobbit comes from Tolkien.’’

This really made me feel so much better about The Hobbit being split into 3 films.

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Nov 28 2012, 1:09pm

Post #5 of 5 (84 views)
Shortcut
It's funny, because it puts into perspective [In reply to] Can't Post

an idea that was already present (atleast for myself). The contrast between fact and fiction weighs heavily on me, and reading what Pete says here makes me all the more excited for the 13th to come around. Smile

FOTR 10th Anniversary Music Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33xJU3AIwsg

"You do not let your eyes see nor your ears hear, and that which is outside your daily life is not of account to you. Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.