Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
So how is The Hobbit anticipated in your country?
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Elessar
Valinor

Nov 25 2012, 10:17pm

Post #51 of 67 (341 views)
Shortcut
That is the largest fear [In reply to] Can't Post

That I have like you said any of those issues popping up. We had some stupid folks who were jerks during the end of ROTK years ago simply because they were teens acting like teens act at times.

I'm with ya I love going to the movies and over the last 3 years alone I've seen 100+ movies. Its a great experience but like anything dealing with the general public is always 50/50.

Thoromir
Rivendell

Nov 25 2012, 10:27pm

Post #52 of 67 (340 views)
Shortcut
True! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've experienced this two times (Transformers 2 and Inglourious Basterds). Both were great (EDIT: to attend that is:p). Loads of applause and everybody is so excited (like you said), because the desire to finally see the film is so big!
So if anybody here gets a change to be at a midnight showing or a premiere...highly recommended! ;)

(This post was edited by Thoromir on Nov 25 2012, 10:29pm)

Carne
Tol Eressea

Nov 25 2012, 10:53pm

Post #53 of 67 (315 views)
Shortcut
I love midnight premieres as well [In reply to] Can't Post

Did it for the last 2 Harry Potter movies, and you could feel the excitement. No people talking during the movies or looking at their phones or anything like that.

People screamed, laughed and cried. For me this only enchants the moviegoing experience Smile

imin
Valinor

Nov 25 2012, 11:04pm

Post #54 of 67 (309 views)
Shortcut
screaming and crying during harry potter? [In reply to] Can't Post

Nah not for me man. lol.

No talking though does sound good.

9am screenings are where its at!

Carne
Tol Eressea

Nov 25 2012, 11:20pm

Post #55 of 67 (298 views)
Shortcut
By screaming I meant when something scary happened [In reply to] Can't Post

Not "OH MY GOD DANIEL RADCLIFFE!" Wink

imin
Valinor

Nov 25 2012, 11:24pm

Post #56 of 67 (299 views)
Shortcut
something scary happened during harry potter? [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL, im just messing.

I think i will give midnight releases a chance, just not with something so dear as the hobbit.

Unless i go to see a horror it drives me nuts when lil tweenie girls scream at anything remotely scary - i have found lots do this and it gets louder and louder as they try to out do each other. I may be 25 and look about 18 but inside i am about 90, bah humbug! haha. Tongue

jtarkey
Rohan

Nov 25 2012, 11:27pm

Post #57 of 67 (326 views)
Shortcut
midnight screenings arent very good unless you are super pumped for the film [In reply to] Can't Post

Seeing so many people react to something you love as well is awesome. It's an event more than just seeing a film.

"You're love of the halflings leaf has clearly slowed your mind"

imin
Valinor

Nov 25 2012, 11:41pm

Post #58 of 67 (289 views)
Shortcut
hmm i dont know then [In reply to] Can't Post

For me it just annoys me when people make noise in the cinema, other than laughing at a comedy, jumping/making noises in a horror.

Like i said before the best atmosphere i felt was when the audience was packed - not one seat out of 2000 left! and not one word could be heard during the entire screening.

To me that made it feel really special - like we all knew we were watching something very special (even if it was just a good film).

Honestly if i could watch the film beforehand and then go to a midnight screening, i think that would be better for me, as they i wouldnt feel like i am missing out on any of the action on screen. Or maybe i just dislike people in general, haha.

painjoiker
Grey Havens

Nov 25 2012, 11:43pm

Post #59 of 67 (282 views)
Shortcut
I am atending the midnight premiere in Norway! [In reply to] Can't Post

And I am looking forward to that!
Me and five of my friends is going to watch it :)
It will be amazing!

Vocalist in the semi-progressive metal band Arctic Eclipse

LordotRings93
Rohan

Nov 26 2012, 12:14am

Post #60 of 67 (286 views)
Shortcut
Saw 2 TV spots [In reply to] Can't Post

On Nickelodeon, of all channels. Kinda cringed seeing them on that channel. Doesn't really fit well. It was TV spot #7 ("I don't like green foods"). Still, it was nice to see something. At my local Walmart, they got 3 different editions of The Hobbit with tie-in covers, and a box set of The Hobbit and LOTR with updated covers. Still no sign of the figures, which I don't expect to hit until a week or two before release.

But it does feel like The Hobbit not getting enough hype. I guess that's a good thing, since overhyped movies tend to disappoint a lot of people. I think the hype is at a good level, but if AUJ does really well both critically and financially, no doubt we'll get bigger marketing for DOS. The full force of the marketing will be geared towards TABA. I mean, the final film with the big climactic Bo5A, and it's releasing in the summer, and you know how they love to hype summer films.

Lover of Medieval Fantasy
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 26 2012, 1:32am

Post #61 of 67 (260 views)
Shortcut
I've also found [In reply to] Can't Post

the midnight audiences to be the best, being entirely made up of people who are as enthusiastic about and respectful of the film as I am. Other showings are mixed audiences (fans, non-fans, people who got dragged there by friends) and tend to be much louder and less polite.

At my local theater, midnight shows were very quiet except for appropriate reactions: laughing at jokes, and the occasional cheer during an action segment. I think the biggest was when Aragorn beheaded Lurtz. That went over very big. Oh, and they also tended to cheer the New Line logo...and then get very very quiet for the beginning of the movie. At other showings, I had to put up with people talking, texting, crinkling candy wrappers and teenage boys mocking and making loud comments all along the way. Mad Give me the fans-only environment anytime!

How much noise you consider appropriate for a movie may be a cultural issue too, no? I imagine local fans will adhere to whatever is considered good theater-going behavior in your area. Around here, if people sit through an action/adventure/comedy in total silence, they didn't like it.

Silverlode

burgahobbit
Rohan

Nov 26 2012, 2:00am

Post #62 of 67 (262 views)
Shortcut
I've seen just a couple tv spots on tv [In reply to] Can't Post

But I don't watch all that much tv anyway. Nothing else though.

“This task was appointed to you…and if you don’t find a way, no one will.” – Lady Galadriel

TheRealBeren
Rivendell

Nov 26 2012, 11:18am

Post #63 of 67 (215 views)
Shortcut
Statues in Eastern Europe [In reply to] Can't Post

Here in Rumania(yes Rumania) some statues started to appear in Bucharest(not Budapest) and three other cities:

http://static.cinemagia.ro/img/db/article/02/20/86/965302l.jpg?ts=1352808409

http://static.cinemagia.ro/img/db/article/02/20/86/457893l.jpg?ts=1352809224

http://static.cinemagia.ro/img/db/article/02/20/86/160019l.jpg?ts=1352809237

http://alexandrunegrea.ro/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/gollum_inel1.jpg

So I'd say the film is hotly anticipated; there's even some sort of contest at which you can win a trip to Oxford, UK and see the places where Tolkien lived, studied and drank. I'll obviously go the premiere at the only cinema in the country(so far) that shows it in HFR.

(This post was edited by TheRealBeren on Nov 26 2012, 11:28am)

pandoraziki
Rivendell

Nov 26 2012, 3:50pm

Post #64 of 67 (163 views)
Shortcut
Cool:// [In reply to] Can't Post

Elenorflower
Gondor

Nov 26 2012, 5:10pm

Post #65 of 67 (148 views)
Shortcut
I like going to the cinema [In reply to] Can't Post

during weekdays, at midday, when there are no people, just me and the guy dressed as Gandalf. The first time I saw FOTR some girls arrived late and spent the first 5 minutes of the film walking in front of me, chatting and twitching. I wanted to do a flying kung fu kick and knock them all out. I settled for tutting at them. Never again.

Mad

elevorn
Lorien

Nov 26 2012, 5:20pm

Post #66 of 67 (144 views)
Shortcut
Teenagers... [In reply to] Can't Post

I find if you stand up and scream at them when they act like idiots they tend to stop. or find the manager and have them thrown out, then demand tickets to another showing because that experience was ruined. Theatres in my area tend to be quite understanding about removing morons from their property.

"clever hobbits to climb so high!"
Check out my writing www.jdstudios.wordpress.com

elevorn
Lorien

Nov 26 2012, 5:23pm

Post #67 of 67 (163 views)
Shortcut
hadn't caught [In reply to] Can't Post

a single tv spot until the Thanksgiving break here in the states. Now I can't watch anything without seeing a TV spot or trailer. One of the football games I watched this weekend was sponsored by the Hobbit, which made me giggle. So they are ramping up big time in my area. Christmas time is always a big time for movies as the kids are out of school. I'm aiming for a midnight premiere myself.

"clever hobbits to climb so high!"
Check out my writing www.jdstudios.wordpress.com

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.