Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The film is finished!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

There&ThereAgain
Rohan

Nov 25 2012, 9:16pm

Post #26 of 32 (202 views)
Shortcut
allowing time [In reply to] Can't Post

to prep for the premiere. There's a lot that happens when a film is finished.

Final QC
rendering out
converting to different formats

other things...

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair; and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."-J.R.R. Tolkien

"Thanks for the money!" -George Lucas

Owain
Tol Eressea

Nov 26 2012, 12:47am

Post #27 of 32 (169 views)
Shortcut
Pretty massive achievement if you ask me... [In reply to] Can't Post

considering all of the adversity this movie adaptation has undergone...

Congrats to PJ and Co.!!! Here's to an incredible premiere and a movie(s) for the ages.

Smile

Middle Earth is New Zealand!

"Question everything, embrace the bad, and hold on to the good."

Zherkezhi
Bree

Nov 26 2012, 9:23am

Post #28 of 32 (102 views)
Shortcut
Hurray!! Congratulations to everyone involved // [In reply to] Can't Post

burgahobbit
Rohan

Nov 26 2012, 9:45pm

Post #29 of 32 (71 views)
Shortcut
Nah [In reply to] Can't Post

Y = X, X = Y

And Z doesn't exist. That's just my opinion and it could be wrong, but I think it's right. Peter Jackson has said that they don't film scenes for the extended editions, and that the only reason the EE's exist is that "at the end of the day you end up with a film that's too long."

So instead of EE's, this time they took the two "too long" films and spread the footage across three films instead. Thus, I think they will use all of the good quality scenes for the theatrical editions, and have nothing left over to make extended editions with.

“This task was appointed to you…and if you don’t find a way, no one will.” – Lady Galadriel

dave_lf
Gondor

Nov 26 2012, 9:54pm

Post #30 of 32 (69 views)
Shortcut
Not necessarily [In reply to] Can't Post

If the commentaries are to be believed, many of the EE scenes were cut for reasons of pacing rather than total runtime (and regardless of how much I may like the cut scenes, I generally agree with the editing decisions they describe that way).

Lacrimae Rerum
Grey Havens

Nov 26 2012, 10:30pm

Post #31 of 32 (54 views)
Shortcut
But any particular reason to assume "all"? [In reply to] Can't Post

That was rather my point.

LR

burgahobbit
Rohan

Nov 27 2012, 6:24pm

Post #32 of 32 (85 views)
Shortcut
Alright [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't watched the commentaries, but since they say that, I suppose there could be an EE for The Hobbit. I think that if there is one though, that it will be much much shorter than the LOTR ones.

@Lacrimae Rerum I assumed "all" because that's the way Peter Jackson explained it at comic-con. It seemed to me as if he was saying (and this is not at all his quote): "We use all the good scenes we can, and if the film is too long then we cut out what we must and add those scenes to the extended versions."

Well, time will tell...

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.