Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Screencaps of V-log #9
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Aitieuriskon
Lorien

Nov 25 2012, 9:39am

Post #26 of 38 (201 views)
Shortcut
That is the nature of screencaps. [In reply to] Can't Post

Captures from videos will always be blurry because motion occurs too quickly to register clearly.

What hfr is supposed to be doing is reducing the blur by vastly multiplying the number of frames presented. Therefore hopefully in the finished product we won't notice nay blur at all Smile

"After all, I believe that legends and myths are largely made of 'truth', and indeed present aspects of it that can only be received in this mode; and long ago certain truths and modes of this kind were discovered and must always reappear." Professor Tolkien, 1951

Joe20
Lorien

Nov 25 2012, 10:20am

Post #27 of 38 (186 views)
Shortcut
I'm not sure. [In reply to] Can't Post

Its obvious in the moving footage as well. To me it looks like it has purposely been blurred to create depth. But it doesn't come off all that well.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Nov 25 2012, 11:18am

Post #28 of 38 (173 views)
Shortcut
3D contact lenses // [In reply to] Can't Post

totoro
Lorien

Nov 25 2012, 10:04pm

Post #29 of 38 (160 views)
Shortcut
3d contact lenses not a bad idea [In reply to] Can't Post

I bet they could be made relatively inexpensively as disposable lenses. You could probably sell them on Fandango or something as a box of 20 or so. Pop them in before going to the cinema (assuming they have as little impact on vision as the 3d glasses) and pop them out when you get home. Disposable lenses are well within the price range of the 3d ticket-buying public. I wonder if there are technical limitations?

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 26 2012, 2:36am

Post #30 of 38 (108 views)
Shortcut
You are the BEST! [In reply to] Can't Post

For you to consistently and generously do this for us when... at least for me... my ears are still ringing from the increase in my blood pressure and I'm trying to soak in what we've just witnessed is such a gift. Thank you so much!!! YOU ROCK! :D

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Nov 26 2012, 4:34am

Post #31 of 38 (122 views)
Shortcut
thanks a million gazillion Dark Jackal, as per usual :D what were your thoughts on it? [In reply to] Can't Post

some pretty EPIC Dwarven shots IMO

--I'm a victim of Bifurcation--

Join us over at Barliman's chat all day, any day!

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Nov 26 2012, 4:57am

Post #32 of 38 (124 views)
Shortcut
Same here! I had a complete Geek-Gasm when I saw these two shots: [In reply to] Can't Post

http://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/...untitled-66-copy.jpg
http://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/...untitled-74-copy.jpg <- simply W O W @ those 2. Just -adore- Balin and young Thorin here.

http://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/...2untitled-9-copy.jpg
look at that statue!!! and the fortifications!! CoolCool

also, to analyse them both, I'd say they're from the same scene, Thorin's clothes are the same, and both shots have the HUGE Dwarf Axe-warrior statue. The 3rd pic however is with Thorin at the bottom of Erebor.. and his face is a bit sooty.. ... hence, he's fleeing in that pic... whereas in the first two, it is him and Balin at Smaug's first attack presumably.

Oh and I've just had a crazy sudden thought.. .... ... what if this Dwarven fortification, the entrance to Erebor I presume... was on top/amidst the massive waterfall landscape that they've shown in previous vlogs? dunno if you remember, I think it was Rob Roy glacier:

Imagine the entrance to Erebor... on/amidst that!! :D :D \o/

(This post was edited by Xanaseb on Nov 26 2012, 5:00am)

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Nov 26 2012, 5:04am

Post #33 of 38 (110 views)
Shortcut
and I lolled big time at this pic of Bombur lol [In reply to] Can't Post

http://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/...untitled-85-copy.jpg

DarkJackal
Rohan

Nov 26 2012, 8:12am

Post #34 of 38 (92 views)
Shortcut
Ah but that's just it [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't stop to consider what it all means and how I feel about it. That's why I like to make it available fast so other people can look at it and tell me what it means. Smile I'll work out how I feel about it after that.

The Hobbit Photo Gallery

DarkJackal
Rohan

Nov 26 2012, 8:30am

Post #35 of 38 (101 views)
Shortcut
Still waiting for timeline changes to sink in [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think I've quite gotten my head around the likely alterations to the timeline from last week, so seeing these images of a fighting age Thorin and Balin ducking from what I assume is Smaug is still pretty surreal Smile But in a good way.

That landscape shot does look similar to the painting they used for the background example. You might be right!

The Hobbit Photo Gallery

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 26 2012, 10:23am

Post #36 of 38 (78 views)
Shortcut
*giggle* Good Plan!!! :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Nov 26 2012, 3:14pm

Post #37 of 38 (76 views)
Shortcut
so, to conclude on the timeline change: [In reply to] Can't Post

at the time of the start of AUJ (@ the unexpected party) it was -60- years after Smaug had ousted the dwarves and destroyed Dale. (?)

I would have been more hapy with simply 100 years before to be honest.. .but 60 Unsure

DarkJackal
Rohan

Nov 26 2012, 3:51pm

Post #38 of 38 (89 views)
Shortcut
That's what I got out of it, yeah. // [In reply to] Can't Post

The Hobbit Photo Gallery

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.