Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
When do you expect the first film clips will be released?

marcuspaine
Bree

Nov 22 2012, 1:59am

Post #1 of 11 (984 views)
Shortcut
When do you expect the first film clips will be released? Can't Post

I'm guessing we will have the first one within the next week and a half.

Flame of Udun
Rivendell

Nov 22 2012, 5:12am

Post #2 of 11 (486 views)
Shortcut
I seriously wish they wouldn't... [In reply to] Can't Post

But it is Warner Bros...I think we've had plenty of clips from all the tv spots. I just seriously hope it doesn't turn out like the avengers with like 10 different movie clips (although the avengers was disney, but you get my drift)

"'Ai! ai!' wailed Legolas. 'A Balrog! A Balrog is come!'
Gimli stared with wide eyes. 'Durin's Bane!' he cried, and letting his axe fall he covered his face.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand. What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.''

thomasofrohan
Lorien

Nov 22 2012, 5:36am

Post #3 of 11 (451 views)
Shortcut
Almost every widely released film is preceded by clips, no matter the studio [In reply to] Can't Post

And you're under no obligation to watch them if you think the current amount of footage has been sufficient. We've only seen around seven minutes (maybe even less, counting repeated footage in spots/trailers) of a film that's over two and a half hours...I wouldn't mind a few additional clips as part of the pre-release promotion, and expect there to be the standard amount.

(This post was edited by thomasofrohan on Nov 22 2012, 5:37am)

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 22 2012, 7:49am

Post #4 of 11 (379 views)
Shortcut
After the premiere? [In reply to] Can't Post

There's quite a gap between the NZ premiere, and it's worldwide release.

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Nov 22 2012, 9:32am

Post #5 of 11 (359 views)
Shortcut
I'm okay with trailers and spots but i won't be watching clips. // [In reply to] Can't Post

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Nov 22 2012, 5:31pm

Post #6 of 11 (240 views)
Shortcut
Clips [In reply to] Can't Post

Gee, I thought all the trailers and commercials released so far WERE film clips.

It's an objective question, but a little daft, and I imagine it's more oriented than not at looking forward to spoiling the movie even more for ourselves and chattering away about it so much that seeing it in the theater becomes anticlimactic and redundant. It's a lot like paparazzi buzzing about stars. The more I see this happening, the more unpleasant it appears.

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Nov 22 2012, 5:50pm

Post #7 of 11 (225 views)
Shortcut
Clips as in full scenes, finished, with the score and all. ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

Trailers show very short snippets out of context.

TheRealBeren
Rivendell

Nov 22 2012, 8:06pm

Post #8 of 11 (199 views)
Shortcut
never [In reply to] Can't Post

Hopefully never. Let's just wait for the film, junkies.

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 22 2012, 10:13pm

Post #9 of 11 (177 views)
Shortcut
Easier said than done. [In reply to] Can't Post

We're all here, after all.Wink

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Nov 22 2012, 11:03pm

Post #10 of 11 (169 views)
Shortcut
Some of us [In reply to] Can't Post

patrol the skies of this vast wildland....but dont descend on the prey. Wink

Thorins_apprentice
Rohan

Nov 23 2012, 9:47pm

Post #11 of 11 (260 views)
Shortcut
You'd think, they would have released, some online clips by now. [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been checking the net for them and nothing.Shocked

We are more connected than ever before, more able to spread our ideas and beliefs, our anger and fears. As we exercise the right to advocate our views, and as we animate our supporters, we must all assume responsibility for our words and actions before they enter a vast echo chamber and reach those both serious and delirious, connected and unhinged.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.