Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
No HFR Imax?

KateTheHobbit
Bree

Nov 21 2012, 4:07pm

Post #1 of 4 (383 views)
Shortcut
No HFR Imax? Can't Post

Hello! I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I have a question about the availability of HFR and Imax. Specifically, do any of the release formats include Imax WITH the HFR? Or is the HFR exclusive to standard screens?

jimmyfenn
Rohan

Nov 21 2012, 4:14pm

Post #2 of 4 (242 views)
Shortcut
well... [In reply to] Can't Post

this is a big topic, first there will be no native imax, because the imax format was a 70mm film format.

but the argument is hfr digital 4k is almost the equivalent of this.

they will be showing the film in imax cinemas, we are still waiting whicjh of these will be hfr or not

so the answer is yes probably, if your lucky, as long as you understand imax doesnt really mean imax anymore becuase things have migrated to digital

for quickbeam often laughed, he laughed if the sun came out from behind a cloud, he laughed if they came upon a stream or spring:

Maiarmike
Grey Havens

Nov 22 2012, 1:24am

Post #3 of 4 (73 views)
Shortcut
Which is strange... [In reply to] Can't Post

...because the IMAX theater near me is a real IMAX 70mm theater, but it also has apparently upgraded to project HFR 3D...how this is possible, I don't know.

"I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge"
--J.R.R. Tolkien

Fardragon
Rohan

Nov 22 2012, 7:36am

Post #4 of 4 (119 views)
Shortcut
More than one projector I expect. [In reply to] Can't Post

The don't want to be limited to only being able to show native IMAX format films.

A Far Dragon is the best kind...

(This post was edited by Fardragon on Nov 22 2012, 7:37am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.