Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Hobbit score is finished

tolktolk
Lorien

Nov 19 2012, 10:26am

Post #1 of 21 (1552 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit score is finished Can't Post

Latest news from Abbey Road:

https://twitter.com/HotHouseMusic

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 19 2012, 10:32am

Post #2 of 21 (677 views)
Shortcut
I can't wait to hear it! / [In reply to] Can't Post

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

painjoiker
Grey Havens

Nov 19 2012, 10:45am

Post #3 of 21 (693 views)
Shortcut
Anyone knows what is added/changed from the Empire streaming? // [In reply to] Can't Post

Vocalist in the semi-progressive metal band Arctic Eclipse

(This post was edited by painjoiker on Nov 19 2012, 10:45am)

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 19 2012, 10:56am

Post #4 of 21 (757 views)
Shortcut
From my deductions... [In reply to] Can't Post

... even the Deluxe Edition of the soundtrack has only about 2 hours and 10 mins of music.

The film, however, has pretty much been confirmed as having a run time of about 2 hours and 40 mins.

So they certainly must've been recording much more music than what's being released on the two soundtrack CDs (which, by the way, I haven't listened to yet).

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Nov 19 2012, 10:59am

Post #5 of 21 (684 views)
Shortcut
Exactly... [In reply to] Can't Post

Which means there's still a good chance of the "Complete Soundtrack Recordings" being issued in a few years' time, like with LotR. Smile

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Victoria Monfort

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 19 2012, 11:02am

Post #6 of 21 (639 views)
Shortcut
Oh yes, I'm pretty sure of that :) [In reply to] Can't Post

There'll be extended editions as sure as not, which means even more music that can be released on the CR.

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 19 2012, 11:07am

Post #7 of 21 (686 views)
Shortcut
Based on the tracklist, I can't think of any obvious omissions. [In reply to] Can't Post

Everything seems to be covered (Hobbiton, the Trolls, Rivendell & the White Council, and so on...). Does that mean they may have removed some tracks from the CD that might be particularly spoiler-y?

Perhaps there is the Ringwraith track, and/or Necromancer track, that heavily features themes from the LOTR trilogy (Mordor, Sauron etc)?

And just because I can ... maybe they've been completing the talking purse thrack? Wink

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Nov 19 2012, 11:08am)

Shagrat
Gondor

Nov 19 2012, 11:10am

Post #8 of 21 (636 views)
Shortcut
Did the press release not say the Deluxe Edition was the complete score? [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought that was odd also, and I guess it can't be. But the blurb appears a little misleading if this is indeed the case.

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 19 2012, 11:11am

Post #9 of 21 (622 views)
Shortcut
Not to my recollection [In reply to] Can't Post

It is only the description on Amazon that says it is the complete score.

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Nov 19 2012, 12:15pm

Post #10 of 21 (619 views)
Shortcut
Is already in [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't want to spoil it for you but almost every notable theme from the LOTR is in (except Rohan, Gondor and Fellowship of course).

And there are at least two tracks yet which feature the Mordor-theme in a way (as I said I don't want to spoil it so I won't tell you in which way/strenght it appears and in which tracks). There are a lot spoilerish tracks in. But that shows us again how great the Howard Shores music fits to Middle-earth and its characters, races and locations.

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

(This post was edited by Lieutenant of Dol Guldur on Nov 19 2012, 12:16pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 19 2012, 12:22pm

Post #11 of 21 (593 views)
Shortcut
Interesting ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you Lieutenant of Dol Guldur. Smile

The only thing I could think that the missing 20 minutes would include is Dol Guldur/White Council/Sauron/Ringwraith spoilers.

It leaves me stumped.

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 19 2012, 12:25pm

Post #12 of 21 (608 views)
Shortcut
I'm just curious... [In reply to] Can't Post

... is James Nesbitt's "The Man In The Moon" song on there?

By the way, I'm not too worried about being spoiled by reading about the music. I just want to experience the music along with the visuals, which is why I'm holding off listening to it.

(This post was edited by Earl on Nov 19 2012, 12:25pm)

Carne
Tol Eressea

Nov 19 2012, 12:26pm

Post #13 of 21 (590 views)
Shortcut
It's not included [In reply to] Can't Post

Hopefully it's something we'll see in the extended cut Smile

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 19 2012, 12:27pm

Post #14 of 21 (576 views)
Shortcut
... and the Complete Recordings, heh heh. Thanks for the info :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Shagrat
Gondor

Nov 19 2012, 12:32pm

Post #15 of 21 (587 views)
Shortcut
No [In reply to] Can't Post

And this tallies with Nesbitt's concerns that the song would not be included in the theatrical cut.

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 19 2012, 12:42pm

Post #16 of 21 (587 views)
Shortcut
Makes sense... [In reply to] Can't Post

... thanks.

So now I can mentally compile a list of things to look forward to on the EE Cool

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Nov 19 2012, 1:48pm

Post #17 of 21 (499 views)
Shortcut
You're forgetting the Goblin King's Song! ;-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Victoria Monfort

Demosthenes
Sr. Staff

Nov 19 2012, 1:54pm

Post #18 of 21 (511 views)
Shortcut
Cageian silence track! [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe the film will have a bit of 4' 33" going on at points. That would not be a bad thing, I reckon.

TheOneRing.net Senior Staff
IRC Admin and Hall of Fire moderator

sycorax82
Rohan

Nov 19 2012, 3:28pm

Post #19 of 21 (452 views)
Shortcut
Isn't it rumoured that the running time has changed? [In reply to] Can't Post

So maybe they had to record music for new scenes Peter inserted into AUJ at the last minute?

I have a feeling that Dol Guldur was going to be completely cut from AUJ but no, for some reason, at least a small amount of it has been brought back in. Of course, I could be totally wrong about that and these final recordings were re-records, replacing music that they weren't happy with??

ryanw8
The Shire

Nov 19 2012, 4:28pm

Post #20 of 21 (360 views)
Shortcut
Not every moment in the film will have score [In reply to] Can't Post

There could easily be 30 min of no music. LOTR had plenty of scenes with little-to-no music. If anything the last-minute additions to score would be changes to the cut or maybe PJ wanted a bit of the silence covered with music.

Owain
Tol Eressea

Nov 19 2012, 9:51pm

Post #21 of 21 (361 views)
Shortcut
I'm not so certain... [In reply to] Can't Post

that there was any additional recording... it could be. But hearing news that they have finished it... more likely means they have finished the mixing process.

I would imagine the compositions and their scene pairings have been decided for awhile. Levels, mixing, and sweetening for the DCP seem most likely to me.

Middle Earth is New Zealand!

"Question everything, embrace the bad, and hold on to the good."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.