Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Extremely loud cinemas
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 20 2012, 7:49am

Post #26 of 31 (37 views)
Shortcut
I'll second what your friends said [In reply to] Can't Post

Silent Hill 2 is rubbish. There's about 5 minutes of good stuff - the rest of it is just padding!

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Loresilme
Valinor

Nov 20 2012, 6:44pm

Post #27 of 31 (39 views)
Shortcut
That was in The Partridge Family too [In reply to] Can't Post

Laurie's braces picked up radio signals Smile.

And it's really pathetic that I can remember that, but I still can't remember what my license plate is Crazy.

Loresilme
Valinor

Nov 20 2012, 6:48pm

Post #28 of 31 (39 views)
Shortcut
Ear plugs here [In reply to] Can't Post

My ears are very sensitive so I wear them a lot, I find it's very relaxing. You just have to be careful not to take them out too quickly after you've been wearing them awhile, especially if you're still in a loud environment. You have to give your ears time to readjust to sound levels. So loosen them first, take them out gradually!

(This post was edited by Loresilme on Nov 20 2012, 6:49pm)

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Nov 20 2012, 7:39pm

Post #29 of 31 (32 views)
Shortcut
Intones: "You are not alone" :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Practical number-ish things simply don't stick in my brain (don't even ask me about phone numbers . . .Blush)

imin
Valinor

Nov 20 2012, 8:14pm

Post #30 of 31 (45 views)
Shortcut
I have the opposite problem [In reply to] Can't Post

I can remember numbers really easily for some reason.

When my friends who know about it are with me and we meet a person who i don't know very well, they sometimes get me to prove i can remember numbers by memorizing their credit card numbers after one glance.

They are always shocked then get a little worried i will spend their money online, haha.

As for actual useful things like stuff for my degree - forget it! My brain goes on strike and refuses to learn - its like i need an upgrade for more memory, lol.

sam90
Lorien

Nov 21 2012, 5:22pm

Post #31 of 31 (59 views)
Shortcut
Sound [In reply to] Can't Post

I've never experienced any sound problem in my local theater, I think it was quite well managed. But then it's a small theater with only 8 rooms. Actually I am more annoyed and distracted with the noises that people make. Talking, laughing, crying, eating. I've at times concentration issues so it may take some efforts to get past those noises and focusing on the movie.

(This post was edited by sam90 on Nov 21 2012, 5:23pm)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.