Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Close but not quite

Loresilme
Valinor

Nov 24 2012, 2:36pm

Views: 85
Shortcut
Close but not quite [In reply to] Can't Post

Similar ... overall large size, but probably larger, and bulkier and the ears were smaller.

I'm not surprised it's piqued your interest too :-) - I know you love a good mystery to research too, lol. I've always been on the lookout for a dog like that ever since, but have never found one similar.

I have read that people do raise and mix arctic wolves, and from photos I've seen it looked most like an arctic wolf, only it was larger, so I'm leaning towards that it was an arctic wolf mix with perhaps one of these larger shepherds like the ones you and Annael have pictured. That would make sense, as it also had a friendly, mellow temperament.

Subject User Time
Gandalf's sea mount. Or Moby the II. Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Nov 18 2012, 4:53am
    She's lovely! dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Nov 19 2012, 2:35am
        I had exactly the same reaction. Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Nov 19 2012, 3:03am
        Yes, mystical! I saw an animal like that once - Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Nov 20 2012, 6:35pm
            sounds like a Pyr! Annael Send a private message to Annael Nov 21 2012, 2:10am
                Those are wonderful dogs Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Nov 21 2012, 3:50am
                    there is also Annael Send a private message to Annael Nov 21 2012, 2:41pm
                        Possibly it was a mixed arctic wolf Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Nov 24 2012, 2:23pm
                    apparently there's a breed of White German Shepherds Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Nov 21 2012, 2:49pm
                        heh Annael Send a private message to Annael Nov 22 2012, 4:36pm
                        Close but not quite Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Nov 24 2012, 2:36pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.