Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
TV Spot #7
First page Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next page Last page  View All

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Nov 17 2012, 4:54pm

Post #251 of 269 (1260 views)
Shortcut
Dunno who won, but [In reply to] Can't Post

we were all kept busy for a time. Yet we still have quite a lot of those times to go while waiting for the film! What shall we argue about next?

But every word you say today
Gets twisted 'round some other way
And they'll hurt you if they think you've lied

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Nov 17 2012, 4:56pm

Post #252 of 269 (1251 views)
Shortcut
How about this [In reply to] Can't Post

Is Rhode Island a road or an island?

Discuss.

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 17 2012, 4:58pm

Post #253 of 269 (1246 views)
Shortcut
Whether the talking purse should be included or not! ;-) / [In reply to] Can't Post

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Bombadil
Half-elven

Nov 17 2012, 5:06pm

Post #254 of 269 (1242 views)
Shortcut
Daniel ..if a Purse has a voice.. it.. should have aaa..Vote?/// [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by Bombadil on Nov 17 2012, 5:08pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 17 2012, 5:11pm

Post #255 of 269 (1251 views)
Shortcut
What, like the X Factor? [In reply to] Can't Post

Obviously it would be called Purse Factor, and I'd by a judge.

Tongue

imin
Valinor

Nov 17 2012, 5:53pm

Post #256 of 269 (1217 views)
Shortcut
Should we be calling you Tulisa now? :P // [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 17 2012, 6:01pm

Post #257 of 269 (1208 views)
Shortcut
God no! Can't stand the woman! / [In reply to] Can't Post

imin
Valinor

Nov 17 2012, 6:06pm

Post #258 of 269 (1204 views)
Shortcut
Lolz [In reply to] Can't Post

i didnt think you would. i dont really have much opinion on her as i dont watch x factor at all so all i have really heard of her was from Russel Howard's Good News tv show on BBC 3.

If you know what video she has been in, his comedy about her is very funny Tongue

As for the debate in this thread - dont think it was too heated, some in the past were more so. All i can say is, cant wait for the discussion on tv spot 8, haha.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 17 2012, 7:08pm

Post #259 of 269 (1198 views)
Shortcut
A rhoad. [In reply to] Can't Post

One hour-long interstate! Half of which is through heavily congested built-up area, the other half through empty countryside. (And there's an exit for Wyoming. Seriously.)

And Rhode Island itself is called Aquidneck Island on maps, so if you're looking for the island, you can't find it...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

starlesswinter
Lorien

Nov 17 2012, 7:16pm

Post #260 of 269 (1187 views)
Shortcut
Wait, how do we know this? [In reply to] Can't Post

The only mention I've seen of the toilet is in the Official Movie Guide, and I'm pretty sure Barry Humphries's entire interview is very tongue-in-cheek.

burgahobbit
Rohan

Nov 17 2012, 8:06pm

Post #261 of 269 (1153 views)
Shortcut
I completely agree Bombadil! [In reply to] Can't Post

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm loving the Hobbit spot, and I'm hating the thread. Settle down everyone!

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Nov 17 2012, 8:09pm

Post #262 of 269 (1135 views)
Shortcut
Well, I was hesitant myself to post about it, originally... [In reply to] Can't Post

But others who have the book seem to agree that there must be a grain of truth in it for it to be published in an official guide!

Likewise about the GK singing - Humphries makes a joke of it but the author goes to the trouble of citing Humphries' singing credentials, and mention of the GK singing also appears in further detail in the Visual Companion.

I guess we'll find out eventually!

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Victoria Monfort

Dlanor da Great
Rivendell

Nov 17 2012, 8:29pm

Post #263 of 269 (1138 views)
Shortcut
RI is officially known as THE STATE OF RHODE ISLAND AND PROVIDENCE [In reply to] Can't Post

RI is officially known as THE STATE OF RHODE ISLAND AND PROVIDENCE
PLANTATIONS. It is made up of many islands ,the largest of which is Aquidneck island ,also known as Rhode island, which is where the name of the state came from. It also has many roads ,the interstate 95, 195 and 85 being significant ones. Hopt that helped Tongue

totoro
Lorien

Nov 18 2012, 2:57am

Post #264 of 269 (1112 views)
Shortcut
lol. I was on the receiving end of his gracious apathy when I first got here. [In reply to] Can't Post

He always wins. Make peace with it and move on. Heart

In Reply To
I only said that what Shelob's Appetite said about not caring about other's opinion could be said by other towards his. Maybe I was inelegant in doing so but I didn't use abusive language, I didn't swear, I stated my opinion on somebody else's opinion. It just angers me when people have an opinion and they are simply dismissed, I live in a democratic country and in my country we have something called freedom of speech. I was offended myself by Shelob's Appetite's post for dismissing someone's opinion, but as we both know, he won't have a word said tohim as he is a revered poster here and I am just a greenhorn.

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Nov 18 2012, 6:40am

Post #265 of 269 (1068 views)
Shortcut
I don't remember winning anything [In reply to] Can't Post

And if I did, I still haven't received my reward! (which I understand is pies)

emre43
Lorien

Nov 18 2012, 11:12am

Post #266 of 269 (1088 views)
Shortcut
Haha yeah I'm going to have to. I haven't been given much choice in the matter. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
He always wins. Make peace with it and move on. Heart

In Reply To
I only said that what Shelob's Appetite said about not caring about other's opinion could be said by other towards his. Maybe I was inelegant in doing so but I didn't use abusive language, I didn't swear, I stated my opinion on somebody else's opinion. It just angers me when people have an opinion and they are simply dismissed, I live in a democratic country and in my country we have something called freedom of speech. I was offended myself by Shelob's Appetite's post for dismissing someone's opinion, but as we both know, he won't have a word said tohim as he is a revered poster here and I am just a greenhorn.

Elenorflower
Gondor

Nov 18 2012, 11:56pm

Post #267 of 269 (483 views)
Shortcut
PIES??!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

wot. where? are they apple pies? hot and strudely with fresh cream? yum.

imin
Valinor

Nov 19 2012, 2:35am

Post #268 of 269 (164 views)
Shortcut
Steak and kidney - a true hobbit pie! yum yum! :) / [In reply to] Can't Post

Jettorex
Lorien

Nov 19 2012, 2:46pm

Post #269 of 269 (199 views)
Shortcut
Dwarves in the book [In reply to] Can't Post

are like the keystone cops. So much for the idealized, noble, proud ancient race of dwarves that some think PJ is somehow changing and ruining. I'd rather have them be funny than total bufoons.

I actually hope PJ portrays them as somewhat more....capable.

- "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

My Book---> www.amazon.com/Popcornmaker

First page Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.