Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
"Kicks In Door!* It's FIESTA FRIDAY!!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

sherlock
Gondor

Nov 18 2012, 11:45am

Post #51 of 59 (92 views)
Shortcut
Belated Happy Birthday! [In reply to] Can't Post

Have fun in New Zealand!

sherlock
Gondor

Nov 18 2012, 11:48am

Post #52 of 59 (116 views)
Shortcut
Apple crisp with ice cream [In reply to] Can't Post

is my favorite! Have a great Thanksgiving & so glad to hear your mom is well!

sherlock
Gondor

Nov 18 2012, 12:03pm

Post #53 of 59 (185 views)
Shortcut
Siri's mistakes [In reply to] Can't Post

Can be hilarious. My granddaughter asked her once what she was wearing & Siri told her "on the cloud they have no use for clothing". Then one time she was berating her for not doing something right & Siri said "I'm just trying to do my job". I think I have the only granddaughter in the world who gets in the car after school & says "can I tell Siri to say Shucky Ducky?", lol!

silneldor
Half-elven

Nov 18 2012, 10:30pm

Post #54 of 59 (94 views)
Shortcut
Hello gramma [In reply to] Can't Post

and all. I am a buZy bee these days, like you (although i'd huff and puff to match you).

I have undertaken a new landscaping project on my land beyond the garage of clearing thorns, briers, vines that entangle everything including choking trees. It is also doing 'cut and fill' of much dirt (by hand with pick, shovel, big bladed hoe and wheelbarrow) to even things out before planting grass seed in the spring. We as a team have cut, loaded and unloaded 5 big pickup leads of wood from young sil's old elementary school grounds. There is just so much wood available everywhere.

My good friend and his new bride as of this summer decided to buy a fixer-upper house and with her VA morgage and his surpurb fix-it skills (my boat and car mechanic) and i was over helping with all sort of things as i could due to the amount of work (VA inspector's 'honey-do' list) and the time frame involved.

I have had a couple of large photo projects in the works as well, one being organizing all the photos taken of young sil's cross-country team and copy them for the CC banquet this morning so i could play 'photo santa' giving them all out.

Which leads me to young sil who made 1st team all conference with three of his team members. And he received a co-most valuable/fastest trophie(s) on their team this year. They took turns winning this year. Young sil also got a special award for the best team time and team winning time in the county meet (17:02). All races are of 5K length.

In other news, my better half, mrs. sil has been buZy with organizing her companies efforts uniting 3 separate terminals to get the job done with the united way food drive. Hear is a shot of her with 'a lot of purple' before shipping it out.

I hope you all are fine and staying buzy and healthy:).

silneldor
Half-elven

Nov 18 2012, 10:48pm

Post #55 of 59 (118 views)
Shortcut
What the hay. [In reply to] Can't Post

You might get a smile from this happy crew of youngsters

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 19 2012, 2:51am

Post #56 of 59 (56 views)
Shortcut
Land reclamation! [In reply to] Can't Post

Those vines are nasty, I hope you didn't get too badly scratched while getting them cleaned out! And how many cords of wood did you end up with - and what kind? (A friend started chopping up our fallen tree today - he'll get two truckloads of firewood from it.)

I admire people who can fix up old homes and rejuvenate them! Cool

Congrats to Mick and his teammates for a great season! Hey, is that him giving bunny-ears to someone?

And congratulate Mrs. Sil for her food drive efforts! Does she know if there's a specific place the donations will be taken to?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

sherlock
Gondor

Nov 19 2012, 11:44am

Post #57 of 59 (53 views)
Shortcut
I could use [In reply to] Can't Post

You around my place! I have a wood stove & am having a hard time finding firewood. My husband & two of his brothers used to cut it but my husband died in 2010 & his brothers are too old to do the work. I just had 3/4 of a cord dumped in my driveway but it's hard work for me to move it to the wood rack all by myself. I can't fill the wheelbarrow all the way up or I can't push it. I will just have to pay someone to help me. I really thought my husband's family & friends would be more helpful since he was so generous to them but they've all abandoned me.

silneldor
Half-elven

Nov 19 2012, 3:53pm

Post #58 of 59 (50 views)
Shortcut
If i can i will help you, [In reply to] Can't Post

please let me know.
Sometimes i was down to bringing in a piece at a time due to injury.

silneldor
Half-elven

Nov 19 2012, 4:21pm

Post #59 of 59 (121 views)
Shortcut
Mrs sil says [In reply to] Can't Post

that it all will go to the soup kitchen at Graystone in Morris Plains. It is the site of the old mental hospital. The old buildings there stand in erie quiet but the state land is now alive with not only the new soup kitchen building, but is of now, home of many cross-country meets,local and state level. Actually my son has raced there for a couple of years now. But that is not all. The lands there not only have tennis courts, there is a major renovation to add many soccer and baseball fields. It is a beautiful place.

No, he is on the left with the earphones. It is his tall friend there. A great jokester but he along with my son raise the most money for the team and other benefits. Actually you may notice my son looking a little scruffy. It is no shave month. It is part of a benefit to bring awareness to testicular cancer.

Man! Some of those vines are so tough, i have to use the pickup (after cutting them at the bottom) to pull them loose from the trees. I got a good strap and tied it up and really slowly pull them free. That way it does the least damage to the trees themselves. At times i would be 50+ feet away before the last of it would come free ha.
Good leather work gloves with the same technique seemed to be the best way to pull out all the thorny stuff. Scratches? lol, lost count. I just pull them into the woods and drop them.

That wood was red oak and white ash. But i did get a nice 14'' thick cherry at a housing development. I could go back and get chestnut oaks and more ash but i am really stocked well now. It will be about 3cords i beleive.

What about your tree? I work cheap. I will come upWink.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.