Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
What is your favorite food for breakfast (or second breakfast)?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: What is your favorite food for breakfast (or second breakfast)?
eggs--name your preference--poached, fried, etc. 6 / 19%
quick breads: pancakes, crepes, waffles, muffins, donuts, etc. 8 / 25%
cold cereals--corn flakes and the like 4 / 12%
hot cereals/porridges, whether from oats, wheat, rice, corn (maize) or barley 1 / 3%
No breakfast, just coffee, please 0 / 0%
fruit and yoghurt 3 / 9%
breakfast meats: sausage, bacon, ham, steak or fish 4 / 12%
cold pizza--c'mon I've seen it done! 1 / 3%
liquid breakfast--Most Americans will know what I mean 0 / 0%
Other  5 / 16%
32 total votes

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Nov 14 2012, 8:49pm

Post #26 of 46 (301 views)
Shortcut
You mean you don't have two or three in your pantry already? // [In reply to] Can't Post

wendy woo
Rivendell

Nov 14 2012, 9:37pm

Post #27 of 46 (306 views)
Shortcut
Absolutely, it counts! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've had croissants that were drizzled with chocolate. Very bad for you but it tastes SO good!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 14 2012, 10:10pm

Post #28 of 46 (292 views)
Shortcut
Me! [In reply to] Can't Post

When the kids are home they like it if I serve pancakes for Sunday night suppers - usually blueberry, but I'll make some with mini chocolate chips in them also. Or waffles, if strawberries are in season, and with real whipped cream. And bacon or sausage, of course.

It is great "comfort food", isn't it!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 14 2012, 10:16pm

Post #29 of 46 (295 views)
Shortcut
Cool! It worked! [In reply to] Can't Post

I copied and pasted the URL of Magpie's avatar, and it came back with "Magpie"! Laugh

Thanks, Daniel!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 14 2012, 10:18pm

Post #30 of 46 (414 views)
Shortcut
And did you enjoy them with [In reply to] Can't Post

REAL maple syrup?

(We don't allow the "fake" syrup in the house...Tongue)

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Nov 15 2012, 3:45am

Post #31 of 46 (312 views)
Shortcut
Not me! I'll only add butter or margarine to corncakes. // [In reply to] Can't Post

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 15 2012, 3:50am

Post #32 of 46 (294 views)
Shortcut
Ever have corn fritters? // [In reply to] Can't Post

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Nov 15 2012, 3:51am

Post #33 of 46 (294 views)
Shortcut
Waffles with chunky chicken gravy are for any time of day here! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Nov 15 2012, 3:52am

Post #34 of 46 (302 views)
Shortcut
Yep, but not very often any more. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Magpie
Immortal

Nov 15 2012, 4:01am

Post #35 of 46 (320 views)
Shortcut
The ones I had... [In reply to] Can't Post

could be served with syrup but they are traditionally served with cotija cheese and that's how I ate them. It was good and I don't think I'd put syrup on them in the future. Oh, and I probably put butter on them.

Longbottom Leaf
Rivendell

Nov 15 2012, 5:04am

Post #36 of 46 (330 views)
Shortcut
Liquid breakfast?... [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know,thats a little early for me. I prefer scrambled eggses with taters precious,and either bacon or sausage. And a pancake couldn't hurt. A cup of black coffee and a glass of water. Maybe liquid elevensies...if I'm on vacation, camping or at a music festival or something.

Finding Frodo
Tol Eressea

Nov 15 2012, 5:32am

Post #37 of 46 (376 views)
Shortcut
Toast [In reply to] Can't Post

Toast is a staple for my husband and me. Sure, I love eggs, bacon, waffles, oatmeal, cold pizza, what have you, but 6 out of 7 mornings, I eat toast. Almost always with peanut butter, usually with bananas or raisins on top of the p.b., but sometimes jelly or honey for a change.

Annael
Half-elven

Nov 15 2012, 3:17pm

Post #38 of 46 (290 views)
Shortcut
what she said! [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a piece of Dave's Killer Sprouted Wheat bread with peanut butter and jam every morning. Unless I go out for breakfast, in which case I get either the classic eggs'n'bacon'n'hash browns, or Eggs Benedict if they know how to make real hollandaise. None of that cheese sauce, it's made with LEMON!

And a big mug of Earl Grey.

(This post was edited by Annael on Nov 15 2012, 3:17pm)

Annael
Half-elven

Nov 15 2012, 3:20pm

Post #39 of 46 (302 views)
Shortcut
I buy Maranatha brand PB [In reply to] Can't Post

They don't muck about with it, and it tastes great. I will buy Adams in a pinch.

imin
Valinor

Nov 16 2012, 12:55am

Post #40 of 46 (325 views)
Shortcut
Its been proven that it makes no difference at all :) [In reply to] Can't Post

If that makes you feel any better, lol.

People eat in loads of different ways. Some people eat in a schedule called intermittent fasting where they eat in a short time frame e.g. a 4 hour window where they can eat all the calories that others would spread out over 3,4,5,6 etc meals.

The idea that eating every few hours boosts metabolism has been proven to be rubbish though it has only been shown to be rubbish recently so in the general media they dont say that... yet

Its similar to using BMI as a measure for if someone is overweight or not. Totally useless system for most males and some women - better system would be bodyfat measurements.

Myself if i do have breakfast i like a Full English consisting of two fried eggs, two Cumbrian sausages, two English style rashers of bacon, two black pudding slices, some baked beans, fried tomato, fried mushrooms and sometimes toast :)

Most the time i dont eat til around 12pm (noon) and have done when slim and fat - makes no difference unless one is a binge eater or have a medical condition like diabetes.

wendy woo
Rivendell

Nov 16 2012, 2:19am

Post #41 of 46 (305 views)
Shortcut
It is. BTW, guess what's for dinner tonight? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ham and eggs and french toast! I could attribute the menu to the colder weather, but really, I just need to go grocery shopping. Eggs, milk, ham and bread were the only things I had in the house (besides the jar of peanut butter, of course). Tongue

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 16 2012, 3:28am

Post #42 of 46 (279 views)
Shortcut
But... [In reply to] Can't Post

...didn't you put peanut butter on your french toast? Wink Mmm, a side rasher of ham!

I like eggs-over-easy on french toast - or on pancakes - smash the yolk, and let it drip over them like syrup!

wendy woo
Rivendell

Nov 16 2012, 3:35am

Post #43 of 46 (329 views)
Shortcut
No, that was another ToRNsib! [In reply to] Can't Post

Syrup for me, thank you! Tongue But that reminds me. My grandma used to be fond of peanut butter and bacon sandwiches. I think I even tried it once. Not bad, from what I recall. But that was before I had more sense.

I don't know about the egg yolk thing on my pancakes, but I do like fried eggs with grits.

(This post was edited by wendy woo on Nov 16 2012, 3:37am)

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 16 2012, 7:48am

Post #44 of 46 (258 views)
Shortcut
That's good to know! [In reply to] Can't Post

I might not eat breakfast, but I'm a gannet during the rest of the day. Wink

That Full English sounds good to me, minus the black pudding though. Crazy

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Nov 16 2012, 8:05pm

Post #45 of 46 (283 views)
Shortcut
MaraNatha got me with their raw maple almond butter. // [In reply to] Can't Post

TheNazgul
Rivendell

Nov 18 2012, 5:06am

Post #46 of 46 (1196 views)
Shortcut
Eggs [In reply to] Can't Post

totally the best breakfast food evar

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.