The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
finally on torn! hello from england!

jimmyfenn
Rohan

Nov 14 2012, 12:13am

Post #1 of 10 (377 views)
Shortcut
finally on torn! hello from england! Can't Post

hello, thought id join TORN as i always check this place out, since the lotr films i think!

once i found a dusty old book that i couldnt even read with maps and funny writing in it, i was hooked, it wasnt till i was a teenager i could actually read the thing! and now many years later here i am!

big tokien fan, i love collecting old tolkien books, and even though i detest the changes in the film i still love them, though i actually prefer the bbc radio version :P

i spend alot of time on film sets as an extra/special action! though i did consider moving to new zealand for a year to try and get work on the hobbit , it was a bit far. ive done lots of cool films, lots of fantasy stuff and recently comic book adaptions!

i have to admit most nights i play lotr /hobbit/silmarillion audio books to send me to sleep!

looking forward to meeting some like minded people from across the globe!!

one question i seem to have registered separately for the message bards and the fellowship on the main site? do the two account connect up? (i have the same username i believe)

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Nov 14 2012, 12:50am

Post #2 of 10 (227 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know the answer to your question, but if you post it in the "feedback" forum, someone will, I'm sure.

I think you'll really enjoy the forums. I've been posting here since 2001 :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Magpie
Immortal

Nov 14 2012, 1:01am

Post #3 of 10 (240 views)
Shortcut
welcome jimmyfenn [In reply to] Can't Post

Listening to the Sil on audio book always puts me to sleep! :-)

I don't think the two accounts - here an on The Fellowship - hook up. But by making account with the same user name, you have effectively reserved that name for you on The Fellowship. I don't check The Fellowship often but my account there has reserved "Magpie" for me and no one else can use it.

cheers.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Nov 14 2012, 5:59am

Post #4 of 10 (212 views)
Shortcut
Hello there! [In reply to] Can't Post

Your experience as an extra sounds fun! Hope you enjoy hanging out with us here Smile

"The question isn't where, Constable, but when." - Inspector Spacetime

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 14 2012, 7:53am

Post #5 of 10 (216 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to TORn jimmyfenn :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

I always listen to the audio books in the car when I drive to and from work. I couldn't listen to them trying to get to sleep though, it has to be dead quiet for me to nod off. Wink

Ihope you enjoy it around here.

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

sherlock
Gondor

Nov 14 2012, 3:51pm

Post #6 of 10 (202 views)
Shortcut
Welcome jimmyfenn! [In reply to] Can't Post

My order of liking all things Tolkien is first the books then Howard Shore's music, then the BBC adaptation & then the Peter Jackson movies. Great minds. You will enjoy yourself here. It is truly a wonderful group of people!

Loresilme
Valinor

Nov 14 2012, 5:07pm

Post #7 of 10 (213 views)
Shortcut
Hello! [In reply to] Can't Post

A big welcome to you!

Working on films sets in any capacity must be *so* interesting and exciting! Would love to hear about your adventure around next time around!

Nice to have you aboard!

(This post was edited by Loresilme on Nov 14 2012, 5:07pm)

jimmyfenn
Rohan

Nov 14 2012, 5:36pm

Post #8 of 10 (198 views)
Shortcut
hey [In reply to] Can't Post

sherlock - i love the bbc adaptions holm as frodo is amazing and micheal hordern is may i say it the ultimate gandalf!

loresilme - yeah i love being on big film sets the artistry is amazing and seeing the actors work is interesting! plus i like the costumes ;)

big thanks for the hellos everyone!

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Nov 14 2012, 5:51pm

Post #9 of 10 (203 views)
Shortcut
Mae Govannen friend! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hopefully you'll enjoy yourself on this forum, I certainly have during my time here.

What's great about TORN in my experience is that there are so many different people with very strong opinions about Tolkien and life in general, yet the conversations on this forum are rarely unfriendly and generally speaking never break out into pointless arguments. It's wonderful to be part of such a passionate fan community which is both respectful and opinionated to just the right degree.

On the subject of audio books I find Nicol Williamson's reading of The Hobbit to be my favourite. If you haven't heard that one I'd highly recommend giving it a try (the original recording is now very rare but it's available on YouTube to listen to).

"Radagast is, of course, a worthy wizard, a master of shapes and changes of hue, and he has much lore of herbs and beasts, and birds are especially his friends."-Gandalf, The Lord of the Rings.

(This post was edited by Radagast-Aiwendil on Nov 14 2012, 5:54pm)

jimmyfenn
Rohan

Nov 15 2012, 4:28pm

Post #10 of 10 (289 views)
Shortcut
thanks... [In reply to] Can't Post

what put me off joining here for so many years was that it seemed too americanised and focused on the films and various cheesy tolkien things! but i got excited by the hobbit and had to connect with people lol

ill check that hobbit recording, i never knew about that! thanks

i actually still like bashkis animation just for the mood of various scenes which capture the feeling of various moments in the book really well as apposed to the glossy films!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.