Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Elrond in action in AUJ? (potential spoilers)

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Nov 11 2012, 10:38pm

Post #1 of 11 (1124 views)
Shortcut
Elrond in action in AUJ? (potential spoilers) Can't Post

Hey guys, it's me again, the Lieutenant Wink
What about: ELROND FIGHTING WARG-RIDERS IN "AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY"? I've got a theory based on different facts... let me summarize a little:

1) There is this one scene (known from trailer # 01) with armored Elf riders surrounding the dwarven company in Rivendell for some reason.
--> There are also some shots of them with a camera driving towards them in Rivendell as if they are attacked by something/someone. Scared face of Bilbo etc.

2) Track 15 of the Hobbit-Soundtrack is called "Warg-scouts" following (ignoring the White Council storyline with track 14) Track 13 "Troll hoard" and preceded by Track 16 "The Hidden Valley".
--> Warg-riders appear between the Trollshaws and Rivendell?

3) It was mentioned that Fimbul and his warg-riders are going to attack the company between Trollshaws and Rivendell (based on a book or article read by one or two TORn members. I'm not sure which one it was)

4) There are several PR-images for AUJ with Elrond on it wearing his armor.

5) Today someone posted a link to a webpage with more than 150 new (and some old) behind the scenes images. This post was deleted so I don't want to be the one to post this link again (copyright etc). But of course I found this page too and noticed a pencil drawing by Alan Lee of Rivendell. It has got the dwarves, some elves and some Elf riders on it (like this scene of trailer # 01). The caption under the drawings says "Elrond leads his Elf riders back to meet their unexpected guests"

Here is my theory:
After escaping the three trolls, Thorin & Co are attacked by orcs on wargs near Rivendell. Elrond and his Elf riders are defeating Fimbuls warg-riders between Trollshaws and Rivendell saving Thorins his companies lifes. The dwarves reach Rivendell. Elrond and his riders are returning from battle.

What do you think? Is Elrond one of the Elf riders in Rivendell and is he perhaps fighting against the warg-riders near Rivendell? Would it be cool or a bit too much? Your opinion please Smile

(Oversized image removed - Ataahua.)

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Nov 11 2012, 11:33pm)

Lacrimae Rerum
Grey Havens

Nov 11 2012, 10:45pm

Post #2 of 11 (512 views)
Shortcut
It's possible but equally [In reply to] Can't Post

The dwarves may simply arrive at Rivendell whilst Elrond is out.

Not much to sway one either way yet I don't think.

LR

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Nov 11 2012, 10:50pm

Post #3 of 11 (502 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps it's only to give Elrond a more epic entrance? [In reply to] Can't Post

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Nov 12 2012, 3:19am

Post #4 of 11 (362 views)
Shortcut
This certainly seems a possibility... [In reply to] Can't Post

or at least, it was planned at any rate. IMO, if this remains in the film, it will seem redundant when the Elves rescue the Dwarves from the Spiders and take them into Thranduil's halls in Film 2, so I expect this may have been cut from AUJ in favor of the Dwarves evading the Orcs/Wargs themselves, only to stumble in the Rivendell border guard...but we'll see.

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Nov 12 2012, 3:54am

Post #5 of 11 (326 views)
Shortcut
It was planned? [In reply to] Can't Post

You know this?

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Nov 12 2012, 5:57am

Post #6 of 11 (330 views)
Shortcut
Well, should have specified I meant: [In reply to] Can't Post

"This certainly seems a possibility...that it was planned at any rate". Wink

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 12 2012, 8:38am

Post #7 of 11 (268 views)
Shortcut
I'll put an even less likely theory out there [In reply to] Can't Post

The Dwarves are chased by the Wargs, and swiftly arrive in Rivendell, only to find Elrond is out.

Elrond arrives all of a sudden, with a wounded Celebrian, and his sons. Yada yada yada ...

Unimpressed

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Balin88
The Shire

Nov 12 2012, 10:00am

Post #8 of 11 (230 views)
Shortcut
Deffinately [In reply to] Can't Post

There is a movie guide (Book) being sold at my local Dymocks book store here in Aus that shows Elrond in full elvish armour, not sure why, but he looks fully kitted and ready to throw down !

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Nov 12 2012, 10:33am

Post #9 of 11 (272 views)
Shortcut
One of the earliest reports in EMPIRE... [In reply to] Can't Post

...a couple of years ago mentioned that Elrond would be with Gandalf when he was scouting out Dol Guldur. I think it's more likely that this was in fact a reference to the White Council assault (now pushed back to DoS.) I'm more inclined to think that this is the scene Elrond will be wearing his battle armour for, even if Galadriel doesn't dress up... It could just be that this image has slipped through the net for AUJ in the promotional material with the change from 2 to 3 films, since it was on the AUJ calendar that also had Thranduil! There's nothing in the Sibley book which was redesigned after the change to a trilogy

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Victoria Monfort

(This post was edited by Eleniel on Nov 12 2012, 10:41am)

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Nov 12 2012, 2:01pm

Post #10 of 11 (171 views)
Shortcut
I meant the AUJ Annual/Almanac, though it was on the calendar also! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Victoria Monfort

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Nov 13 2012, 5:39pm

Post #11 of 11 (108 views)
Shortcut
Score Track "Warg-scouts" [In reply to] Can't Post

gives you the answer to my theory ;)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.