Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
some new images and new trailer final (italian)

KAOS82
Rohan

Nov 9 2012, 12:59am

Post #1 of 20 (1126 views)
Shortcut
some new images and new trailer final (italian) Can't Post

Hi there from Italy, I've just found 7 new pictures: http://www.comingsoon.it/News_Articoli/News/Page/?Key=18049

plus italian trailer with a different longer new final, for the most who doesn't understood my language the translation is more or less:
gandalf: they didn't make a bet if you ever come back or not but most of all has said NO
bilbo: and what did you think about?
gandalf: my dear friend, I've never doubt about you not even a second

I apologize 4 my poor english but I think you can understand the meaning
oh, the video is here: http://www.comingsoon.it/News_Articoli/News/Page/?Key=18092

good vision and hobbitforthewin ;)

TÚRIN TURAMBAR DAGNIR GLAURUNGA & NIENOR NÍNIEL

(This post was edited by KAOS82 on Nov 9 2012, 1:01am)

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Nov 9 2012, 1:09am

Post #2 of 20 (490 views)
Shortcut
Nothing new there i'm afraid. [In reply to] Can't Post

But maybe some haven't seen some of it yet. Wink

KAOS82
Rohan

Nov 9 2012, 1:46am

Post #3 of 20 (454 views)
Shortcut
sorry [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been away last 3 days but I haven't noticed any discussion similar to mine and cause of the news I reported were added yesterday in Italy I tought they were new...

btw the fact is here in Italy news about movies come often later and we have also the disgrace that the man who gave the voice to Gandalf is dead last year and for me it's difficult to listen a new voice cause I was used to the old voice, only with time passing I'll have this new voice in my head or at least I hope so, IT WAS A PITY!!!

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Nov 9 2012, 1:47am

Post #4 of 20 (441 views)
Shortcut
I love the italian language [In reply to] Can't Post

love speaking with my italian friends, learning new words, love watching italia cinema....but this sounds so ridiculously bad Crazy Mad

Thank the gods i wont be seeing the hobbit like that.

Bilbo Margareeetteeeeee

(This post was edited by Lusitano on Nov 9 2012, 1:48am)

waaimasjien
Bree

Nov 9 2012, 2:03am

Post #5 of 20 (453 views)
Shortcut
I have no clue why anyone would want to listen to a dub for live action films [In reply to] Can't Post

You're looking at Ian McKellen but hearing some one elses voice... It's incredibly weird, not to mention a bit rude, since you're taking part of his performance away. But, to each his own I guess.

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Nov 9 2012, 2:14am

Post #6 of 20 (413 views)
Shortcut
Very much agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

Disrespectfull, childish, blunt, weird and often ridiculous. It is a technique that belongs in kiddie movies, not adult cinema, live action cinema.

Mel Gibsons stance on his film The Passion to prevent dubbings from latin or aramaic should be emulated across the globe.

Can you imagine Pilates or Jesus speaking in german for instance?? Crazy

KAOS82
Rohan

Nov 9 2012, 2:20am

Post #7 of 20 (432 views)
Shortcut
I know [In reply to] Can't Post

infact I saw LOTR trilogy also in original language to appreciate the performances of each actor and here there are GREAT actors!!!
but I have to watch in italian first cause is my own language
the thing I underline is that it was a sad moment when I heard of the death of Gandalf's italian voice, when I think at Gandalf I hear that voice and now comes TH and I have to use myself to a new one, that is weird!!!

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Nov 9 2012, 2:25am

Post #8 of 20 (410 views)
Shortcut
well [In reply to] Can't Post

arent there any cinemas with italian subtitles?

Never mind the voice, Ian's the true Gandalf Wink

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Nov 9 2012, 2:55am

Post #9 of 20 (406 views)
Shortcut
What a coincident, the german Gandalf also died. [In reply to] Can't Post

Changing voices is irritating, true.

I hope i'll be able to catch Hobbit in english on opening weekend in HFR 3D.

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Nov 9 2012, 4:59am

Post #10 of 20 (355 views)
Shortcut
There's no choice in Italy [In reply to] Can't Post

All movies are dubbed, so you simply have to.

Rolfina
Rivendell

Nov 9 2012, 7:21am

Post #11 of 20 (327 views)
Shortcut
Unfortunately dubbing has a long tradition in Germany [In reply to] Can't Post

People are used to it from early on, and so the oddness of having German dialogue laid over lips that speak English (or French) is lost to the people here. People don't notice it, because they don't know it any other way. Suggesting to change it to screening movies in Original with Subtitles would cause a big uproar here. For most movies (like anything "Hollywood") I don't really mind it myself. But for anything where the dialogue and the language becomes part of the story, the dubbing just won't do. Luckily we have one screen in town that shows the original versions (used to be more), and there are some Pay TV channels where you can chose the original language. But the fraction of people who prefer original language over dubbed versions is disappointingly small.

Arandir
Gondor

Nov 9 2012, 4:48pm

Post #12 of 20 (203 views)
Shortcut
I have to say though that the Italians are pretty much the best at dubbing ... [In reply to] Can't Post

in most films they even managed to assimilate the voice and emotion of the English version ... just saying ... Smile

Elenorflower
Gondor

Nov 10 2012, 12:16am

Post #13 of 20 (170 views)
Shortcut
yes it was very sad about [In reply to] Can't Post

the actor who dubbed for Gandalfs voice. I will miss him too. I also have to wait to see any film in English, I see it in Italian first and the quality of dubbing is very high.

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Nov 10 2012, 4:35am

Post #14 of 20 (171 views)
Shortcut
Yup [In reply to] Can't Post

As you know, the dubbing actors can be quite revered. I was living in Italy when Robert DeNiro's voice actor died, and it was essentially a national day of mourning!

As an aside, my favorite English-Italian translation is for lembas. "Pan di via." Essentially means "waybread," which is appropriate. But it's not a word most Italians have ever heard before!

Elenorflower
Gondor

Nov 10 2012, 5:15pm

Post #15 of 20 (146 views)
Shortcut
I like Barbalbero and Granburrone [In reply to] Can't Post

such strange sounding translations. I love it when Sam calls Gollum furfante! such a nice word. Sly

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Nov 10 2012, 7:36pm

Post #16 of 20 (131 views)
Shortcut
Oh yes, great examples! [In reply to] Can't Post

I have called many a friend "furfante" since! Smile

Barbalbero also has a wonderful alliterative ring to it, and is essentially an exact translation.

As an aside, I have also, just for fun, completed the first four chapters of my own LOTR English-to-Italian translation, which I will then compare to the official translations I have.

Elenorflower
Gondor

Nov 11 2012, 12:33am

Post #17 of 20 (127 views)
Shortcut
I enjoy finding out the latin origins [In reply to] Can't Post

to words. I recently found out the origin of the word decimate. Shocked
good luck with your translations, I wonder what the Italians will call the bunny sled? Wink

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Nov 11 2012, 1:17am

Post #18 of 20 (135 views)
Shortcut
I wonder what the Italians will call the bunny sled? [In reply to] Can't Post

Stronzo Maestro!Tongue

Seriously, watching The Prisoner of Azkaban with portuguese dubbing was one of the funniest things i ever did Laugh

Hagrid, specially, reached a hole new level of ridiculousness and hilarity Laugh

But if the hobbit had a latin dubbing, even i would pay triple to see it !

Elenorflower
Gondor

Nov 11 2012, 1:41am

Post #19 of 20 (125 views)
Shortcut
coniglio carrello? [In reply to] Can't Post

mamma mia! Crazy

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Nov 11 2012, 1:59am

Post #20 of 20 (155 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps it will simply be [In reply to] Can't Post

Slitta trainato da conigli!

Or better yet: una stronzata. Smile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.