Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
My Ticket
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 9 2012, 4:31pm

Post #26 of 34 (168 views)
Shortcut
I'll have to check [In reply to] Can't Post

I booked the right dayWink

I just can't remember the time.

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 9 2012, 5:40pm

Post #27 of 34 (168 views)
Shortcut
If you did [In reply to] Can't Post

pick the wrong day, my theatre lets me exchange the one in hand for another date/time. Hopefully you'll be able to do that :)

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 9 2012, 5:44pm

Post #28 of 34 (169 views)
Shortcut
Only a few were [In reply to] Can't Post

$3 theatres. There haven't been any around me for over 15 years that charge $1... and the closest $3 is 45 minute drive away. My most expensive ticket was $1,200 when I blew my engine coming from a show I had to drive an hour to get to ;)

I won't be seeing The Hobbit films as much... although I've been saving for it. I may have some unexpected travel plans next year, and the ticket are nearly double what they cost. But we'll see ;) It's still cheaper than therapy!

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 9 2012, 5:48pm

Post #29 of 34 (161 views)
Shortcut
I've checked [In reply to] Can't Post

Mine is:

13th December at 11:40am.

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 9 2012, 6:17pm

Post #30 of 34 (158 views)
Shortcut
On a separate note [In reply to] Can't Post

Has anyone heard anything about the 3D glasses in the shape of Thorin'a Key that we can get for the premiere?

I can't find anything online about them being sold.

imin
Valinor

Nov 9 2012, 6:34pm

Post #31 of 34 (157 views)
Shortcut
Well hopefully PJ will see this and come and say thank you in person! [In reply to] Can't Post

The $1,200 ticket was due to car repairs right? lol.

Also congrats on going double immortal, hobbit lady :)

SteveDJ
Rivendell

Nov 9 2012, 10:32pm

Post #32 of 34 (146 views)
Shortcut
I meant check online [In reply to] Can't Post

What I was trying to suggest is that you check online again - and enter Dec 12 (instead of Dec 13). Perhaps the option screen for the 12th will show midnight offerings, if any. As I said before, yes midnight would really be Dec 13 then, but theaters like to 'calendar' things for staffing and such - and to them, it is still the 12th even though midnight has arrived.

totoro
Lorien

Nov 10 2012, 5:38am

Post #33 of 34 (147 views)
Shortcut
Having done both [In reply to] Can't Post

I vastly prefer assigned seating (like in Japan). However, I have three kids and a wife; so I'm sure that impacts my preference.

In Reply To
And I think most of America uses "general admission" where you just grab whatever seats you like (or just find, if you are last in line).

Not sure if assigned seating is better, or not. I would cut down on the need to line up early -- but then that means no line party. Hmmm...

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 10 2012, 8:18am

Post #34 of 34 (184 views)
Shortcut
There isn't a midnight viewing at mine / [In reply to] Can't Post

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.