Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
What scene from the book do you wish was in the Extended Editions.?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

imin
Valinor

Nov 9 2012, 3:55pm

Post #26 of 29 (234 views)
Shortcut
Or that you cant please everyone :P // [In reply to] Can't Post

sam90
Lorien

Nov 9 2012, 4:57pm

Post #27 of 29 (229 views)
Shortcut
New scenes for the EE. [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, theres a couple of scenes that would've been interesting to see in the EE that wasn't in the TE. But of course some addition wasn't really possible since this was then a major change to the film both in timeframe and in pace.

To name 4 scenes that I can think right now from the book:

1. The House of Tom Bombadil right up till the Barrow-Wrights moment.

2. The Radagast moment with Gandalf. It would've been realistic to add such scenes to FOTR since it might have been of relatively low cost shooting it and about 2 minutes additions to the film...

3. The Dr¨edain scene with the Rohirim before reachign the Pelenor field. This could've been a great addition in the trilogy to see a new and ancient people of Middle-Earth.

4. The least realistic: The Scouring Of The Shire. I had to mention it though it is more than unlikely that such a scenes as add 30 minutes to the film might get a place to an EE. Without mentionning the issue with the death of Saruman. It would have taken a reediting of the entire trilogy to make that happen.

(This post was edited by sam90 on Nov 9 2012, 4:58pm)

MintoLabingi

Nov 10 2012, 2:26am

Post #28 of 29 (228 views)
Shortcut
The conspiracy and Strider [In reply to] Can't Post

I wish they included in the Fellowship of the Ring the part where Merry, Pippin, Sam, and another hobbit form a conspiracy to find out what Frodo was up to after Bilbo left and to help him out. Also, I wish they had the part where the hobbits receive a letter from Gandalf at the Prancing Pony explaining who Strider is, because in the movie the hobbits seemingly had no reason to trust Strider and ended up just following him.

sam90
Lorien

Nov 12 2012, 5:08pm

Post #29 of 29 (436 views)
Shortcut
A Conspiracy Unmasked [In reply to] Can't Post

I had forgotten this one, you're right this chapter would have been a great addition but it is enterely missing in the film. Which bring me to how Merry and Pippin and pictured instead in FOTR, as young rascals that steal vegetables...With A Conspiracy Unmasked we see the cleverness and ingeniosity of the two characters of how they had set up Frodo with the help Sam Gamgee and knew all along about the Ring...

(This post was edited by sam90 on Nov 12 2012, 5:11pm)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.