Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Curious: What is your method of voting?
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

NottaSackville
Tol Eressea

Nov 7 2012, 10:08pm

Post #51 of 65 (124 views)
Shortcut
Highly! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn. And a bit of the Hobbit reading thrown in never hurts. - NottaSackville

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Nov 7 2012, 11:06pm

Post #52 of 65 (138 views)
Shortcut
Slightly. [In reply to] Can't Post

Evil

I am SMAUG! I kill when I wish! I am strong, strong, STRONG!
My armor is like tenfold shields! My teeth like swords! My claws, spears!
The shock of my tail, a thunderbolt! My wings, a hurricane! And my breath, death!

Eye's on Guard
Lorien

Nov 8 2012, 3:26am

Post #53 of 65 (147 views)
Shortcut
Thank you for thinking of us... [In reply to] Can't Post

We'll see if it turns out alright Unimpressed. Here's to hoping he proves some of us wrong. I wish him well as he begins his second term.

Starling
Half-elven

Nov 8 2012, 5:14am

Post #54 of 65 (114 views)
Shortcut
Thanks all [In reply to] Can't Post

I will definitely add it to the queue. I started getting interested after reading Rob Lowe's book, which led me to watch some snippets on YouTube. I always thought it was a series I would enjoy, but I never watched it because I think it screened a bit late at night here.

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Nov 8 2012, 8:28am

Post #55 of 65 (106 views)
Shortcut
It's nice that you took your family [In reply to] Can't Post

It's important to introduce children to the democratic process and teach them how important it is to vote. Smile
BTW, I was an overjoyed, bubbly mess, too Smile

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Nov 8 2012, 8:31am

Post #56 of 65 (97 views)
Shortcut
Thank you, SirDennisC :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Aragorn the Elfstone
Grey Havens

Nov 8 2012, 8:32am

Post #57 of 65 (107 views)
Shortcut
Hehe... [In reply to] Can't Post

One day, I very much intend to teach my future children about the importance of voting. In the meantime, however, I refer to my parents - who were informed that they better get their butts out the door and to the polls, or else.

Laugh

"All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds awake to find that it was vanity; But the dreamers of day are dangerous men. That they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible."
- T.E. Lawrence

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Nov 8 2012, 8:35am

Post #58 of 65 (138 views)
Shortcut
Oops! Oh well, that's important too :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

Ciars
Rohan

Nov 8 2012, 7:16pm

Post #59 of 65 (114 views)
Shortcut
same here [In reply to] Can't Post

You get to queue to get into the voting station, then queue at the booths for your area. Then use a pencil on the slip they give you, and stick it in a box.

acheron
Gondor

Nov 8 2012, 8:53pm

Post #60 of 65 (118 views)
Shortcut
"Congratulations" is not the word I would use [In reply to] Can't Post

but whatever. We'll survive. Smile

For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much -- the wheel, New York, wars, and so on -- while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man, for precisely the same reasons. -- Douglas Adams

imin
Valinor

Nov 8 2012, 9:48pm

Post #61 of 65 (82 views)
Shortcut
Oh a potential debate is brewing! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 8 2012, 11:25pm

Post #62 of 65 (105 views)
Shortcut
Nope. No debates. [In reply to] Can't Post

We're sick of them - and those polical ads and signs, too! Laugh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Ettelewen
Lorien

Nov 9 2012, 12:44am

Post #63 of 65 (90 views)
Shortcut
Ah, a kindred soul. [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink
I know there are not too many of us on this board. But you are right, we'll survive, and I am praying for the best.

At least this election is over. It's been one of the most negative - from all sides - in my memory. To a better future! *cheers* to all.

wendy woo
Rivendell

Nov 9 2012, 1:00am

Post #64 of 65 (124 views)
Shortcut
Hardy-har-har!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

It might be that this is the way the world thinks we ALL vote here in our gun-lovin' country! Tongue However, Illinois still has no concealed carry, so if you happen to show up at the polling station packing heat, you WILL be arrested.

"We named the monkey Jack."

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Nov 9 2012, 1:52am

Post #65 of 65 (160 views)
Shortcut
Okay, okay... congratulations on a peaceful election. [In reply to] Can't Post

Well done and all that. Angelic

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.