Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Hobbit Cinema Issues

DJK

Nov 5 2012, 5:51pm

Post #1 of 10 (989 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit Cinema Issues Can't Post

Hey all

I live in Belgium and well over here we don't have any imax cinemas (and probably none that play in 48fps either)... so I was wondering, maybe I can take the trip to London and after some searching ended up at the London IMAX advertising they have the biggest screen around... now I emailed them asking if they play the 48fps imax version but I received some blurry answer that doesn't really answer my question.. so anyone from the uk can answer the following, where can I watch the movie in the following format on a BIG (big... BIGGG) screen.

Best: imax 48 fps 2d
2nd best: imax 48fps 3d
3rd best imax 24fps 2d
4d best: imax 24fps 3d
5th best: normal 48fps 2d

All other options I can probably find in a local belgian cinema...

Thanks!

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 5 2012, 6:01pm

Post #2 of 10 (409 views)
Shortcut
The only confirmed 48fps cinema in the UK is Liverpool [In reply to] Can't Post

But I imagine the BFI London cinema (where the premiere is) will also be capable of 47fps.

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Nov 5 2012, 6:11pm

Post #3 of 10 (372 views)
Shortcut
One frame less, shame [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue I can't help but think PJ chose Liverpool himself, being a Beatles fan and all.

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Nov 5 2012, 6:19pm

Post #4 of 10 (345 views)
Shortcut
I might go to the London premiere [In reply to] Can't Post

it better be ready!

Lauryn
Bree

Nov 5 2012, 7:16pm

Post #5 of 10 (295 views)
Shortcut
This sucks! [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't believe the only place in Canada playing 48fps is in BC... what the heck?

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Nov 5 2012, 7:24pm

Post #6 of 10 (281 views)
Shortcut
I doubt any list you see right now is complete. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Jago M
Bree

Nov 5 2012, 8:11pm

Post #7 of 10 (282 views)
Shortcut
Good news for you :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hola mede-torn-gebruiker!

Ik vond vandaag dit terug op de facebook-pagina van Kinepolis BelgiŽ aan en zekere Thybo die daar de vraag ivm HFR had gesteld:

"Hi Thybo,
"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" komt er inderdaad in 48fps. We bekijken momenteel nog in welke zalen dat juist zal zijn. Meer nieuws volgt!"

Maw. de 48 fps-versie zal in BelgiŽ te zien zijn, 3D. Ok niet in IMAX-versie maar het is toch al iets ;)

Groeten en nog net ietske meer dan een maand wachten!

--> For the non-dutch speaking: I found out that the Kinepolis-group will install the necessaries for showing the 48 fps version as well here in Belgium :)

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Nov 5 2012, 11:14pm)

imin
Valinor

Nov 6 2012, 1:29am

Post #8 of 10 (158 views)
Shortcut
It was not shot in imax [In reply to] Can't Post

so to me imax doesnt make it any better or worse, just worse off. They do have some of the biggest screens around though so if that is what you are wanting then imax could be a good way to go and if you are travelling all the way from Belgium to see a film in London/UK then i guess a few more pounds wont matter, lol.

Elizabeth
Valinor

Nov 6 2012, 2:47am

Post #9 of 10 (159 views)
Shortcut
I saw RotK in IMax. [In reply to] Can't Post

It was awesome. Between the size of the screen and the amazing sound system, it was well worth doing, even though it wasn't shot in IMax.

That was New Year's Eve, 2003/4. Midnight struck during the artillery duel. A happy memory.

Join us NOW in the Reading Room for detailed discussions of The Hobbit, July 9-Nov. 18!

Elizabeth is the TORnsib formerly known as 'erather'

imin
Valinor

Nov 6 2012, 10:43am

Post #10 of 10 (112 views)
Shortcut
Some real 3D sound systems are now better than IMAX [In reply to] Can't Post

But yeah they pretty much have the biggest screens but for me that isnt worth (almost) doubling the price of the ticket.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.