Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Let's see...on the big screen, The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Wreck-It Ralph

Tweezers of Thu
Rivendell

Nov 8 2012, 6:20pm

Views: 104
Shortcut
Let's see...on the big screen, The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Wreck-It Ralph [In reply to] Can't Post

Perks - Nicely constructed movie, if sometimes painful to watch as it brought back those memories of awkward adolescence. Poignant, funny, and at times, harrowing. Emma Watson was quite good.

Wreck-It Ralph - my gamer son (whose collegiate major is digital game design) convinced me to see this with him. Wreck-It Ralph and pals were just the ticket to wipe away any lingering memories of teenaged angst from the aforementioned film. Although my gaming is really old school (as in pre-digital pinball), I nonetheless appreciated the references to games of the 80s and 90s, as well as more intense (and violent) games. The animation is fantastic, and although the plot is not hard to predict, the pace was good and the characters were engaging.

On the small screen, I watched The Trip, Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon's mockumentary. Their riffing was very funny, not necessarily LOL funny, but still, amusing. It was also a neat travelogue of sorts for northern England.

I also caught up with Breaking Bad through the end of season 4. Truly a remarkable series and just my ticket with its exploration of the inner angels and demons of human nature. Giancarlo Esposito is one amazing actor.

I checked out the official Hobbit AUJ web site and was chewing over the dates and venues here in the Boston metro area. I'm pretty sure we'll go to the showing at the Loews at Boston Common. It's a large theater that retains design elements of a bygone era, and has comfy chairs.

A lake is the landscape's most beautiful and expressive feature. It is Earth's eye; looking into which the beholder measures the depth of his own nature. ~~ Henry David Thoreau

Subject User Time
What movies did you watch this weekend? deej Send a private message to deej Nov 5 2012, 2:50pm
    Skyfall imin Send a private message to imin Nov 5 2012, 4:12pm
        Four more days until it reaches the States! wendy woo Send a private message to wendy woo Nov 6 2012, 1:20am
    Four Lions. Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Nov 5 2012, 6:24pm
    Cloud Atlas Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Nov 5 2012, 6:46pm
        finally - someone besides me who's not crazy Tintallė Send a private message to Tintallė Nov 6 2012, 11:47pm
    Mirror, Mirror NottaSackville Send a private message to NottaSackville Nov 5 2012, 8:58pm
        Watched it tonight to avoid election broadcasts. Tintallė Send a private message to Tintallė Nov 7 2012, 4:38am
    Howard's End Alassėa Eruvande Send a private message to Alassėa Eruvande Nov 5 2012, 10:30pm
        The book is better zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Nov 7 2012, 3:17am
    Iron Man 2 & Call the sherlock Send a private message to sherlock Nov 5 2012, 10:51pm
    Casablanca (for the second time, actually) at a local theater that shows old and art house films wendy woo Send a private message to wendy woo Nov 6 2012, 1:24am
        Ah, I would love to see Casablanca on the big screen. // zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Nov 7 2012, 3:20am
    Darling Companion, Hysteria, Seeking a Friend for the End of the World Annael Send a private message to Annael Nov 6 2012, 5:45am
    A few malickfan Send a private message to malickfan Nov 6 2012, 11:53am
    Yellow Submarine, Superman the Animated Series One Ringer Send a private message to One Ringer Nov 6 2012, 2:07pm
    Cleanskin Elberbeth Send a private message to Elberbeth Nov 6 2012, 6:53pm
    Finally saw Rudy with dear Sean Astin (Ru-dy, Ru-dy, Ru-dy) zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Nov 7 2012, 3:27am
    Let's see...on the big screen, The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Wreck-It Ralph Tweezers of Thu Send a private message to Tweezers of Thu Nov 8 2012, 6:20pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.