Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
A Golden Hall gingerbread house

LOTR4ever13
The Shire

Nov 8 2007, 4:17pm

Post #1 of 12 (703 views)
Shortcut
A Golden Hall gingerbread house Can't Post

I did this last Christmas when we had a gingerbread house competition at my high school. I am proud to say I won first place.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has.

labingi_maura
Rivendell

Nov 8 2007, 7:01pm

Post #2 of 12 (428 views)
Shortcut
That is adorable! [In reply to] Can't Post

And gingerbread has such a good color to recreate Medusheld, as well as being delicious! Congratulations on winning first place!
-ML

"I am in fact a hobbit in all but size." - J.R.R.Tolkien

orcbane
Gondor

Nov 9 2007, 9:06pm

Post #3 of 12 (337 views)
Shortcut
I was only thinking [In reply to] Can't Post

yesterday of doing a Golden Hall dio for my figures and today here one is. I would have said the 'M' word title too, but its a spelling thing. Is it eten yet ? I hope my dio turns out as good. Thats nice ginger-work!

Idril Celebrindal
Tol Eressea

Nov 9 2007, 9:06pm

Post #4 of 12 (579 views)
Shortcut
Nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

That came out very well indeed. It's nice to hear that your creative efforts were rewarded, too!

With caffeine, all things are possible.

The pity of Bilbo will screw up the fate of many.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

SilentLion
Rivendell

Nov 11 2007, 1:19am

Post #5 of 12 (344 views)
Shortcut
"What is the House of Eorl... [In reply to] Can't Post

but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek, and their brats roll on the floor among the dogs?"

I bet Saruman would have thought otherwise if he had seen a gingerbread Meduseld as nice as that one. Definitely a work of art! Congratulations.

namadriel
Lorien

Nov 11 2007, 5:29am

Post #6 of 12 (354 views)
Shortcut
Very Nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a great idea! Looks delicious, too. Tongue

Shadowfaxfan
Rivendell

Nov 11 2007, 7:20am

Post #7 of 12 (440 views)
Shortcut
That is a really cool idea and [In reply to] Can't Post

you do great work, It looks too nice to eat though. I would have kept it for my little plastic LOTR friends!!!

I really admire your signature quote as that is what a lot of my days consists of, trying to fix what is broken in this society and working towards change. I wish monumental amounts of people would believe in your quote and speak out, but so many feel their voice does not matter or that they can't change anything. Thank you for your spirit.

A myth is far truer than a history, for a history only gives a story of the shadows, whereas a myth gives a story of the substances that cast the shadows.~Annie Besant
Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole, and once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

barahliofrohan
Rivendell

Nov 16 2007, 4:09pm

Post #8 of 12 (311 views)
Shortcut
How lovely! [In reply to] Can't Post

You deserve first prize indeed.

It would be too bad to eat such a work of art. Smile

Barahli of Rohan

Westu Eomer hal!

LOTR4ever13
The Shire

Nov 16 2007, 5:59pm

Post #9 of 12 (406 views)
Shortcut
Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

It didn't get eaten, after the contest it was moved into the school library and put on display. It remained there till the end of the year.

And even though it looked great it weighed a ton. I wish I had a better picture but thats the one that was posted in the paper.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has.

barahliofrohan
Rivendell

Nov 17 2007, 4:00pm

Post #10 of 12 (337 views)
Shortcut
School library [In reply to] Can't Post

That was a good place to display it.

You are indeed very talented.

Barahli of Rohan

Westu Eomer hal!

Loresilme
Valinor

Nov 27 2007, 2:18am

Post #11 of 12 (537 views)
Shortcut
Excellent! [In reply to] Can't Post

That is just beautiful! I imagine it was as hard for you to tear down your Golden Hall as it was for the film crew to tear down theirs!

Thanks for sharing and congratulations on your 1st Place Prize! Well deserved Smile.

deej
Tol Eressea

Dec 6 2007, 7:35pm

Post #12 of 12 (533 views)
Shortcut
Wow [In reply to] Can't Post

That is very cool! Looks to nice to eat. Smile

Sincerely, deej - The Artist Formerly Known as djdeathskiss

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.