Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
If you could choose any (human) character from Middle-Earth, who would you be?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: If you could choose any (human) character from Middle-Earth, who would you be?
Aragorn 10 / 19%
Eowyn 12 / 23%
Boromir 0 / 0%
Theoden 3 / 6%
Eomer 0 / 0%
Beren 5 / 9%
Faramir 4 / 8%
Beorn 6 / 11%
Halbarad 0 / 0%
Wormtongue 0 / 0%
Erkenbrand 0 / 0%
Beregond 0 / 0%
Elendil 0 / 0%
Isildur 0 / 0%
Denethor 0 / 0%
Arathorn 1 / 2%
Arador 0 / 0%
Bard 1 / 2%
Anarion 0 / 0%
Other (Feel free to specify) 11 / 21%
53 total votes

Nightingale
Rohan

Nov 2 2012, 10:38pm

Post #26 of 36 (262 views)
Shortcut
To be honest [In reply to] Can't Post

If I ever found myself in middle-earth, I would basically want to be a female version of Aragorn. Maybe I should have gone for 'other', but 'Aragorn' is simpler.

Annael
Half-elven

Nov 4 2012, 4:09pm

Post #27 of 36 (172 views)
Shortcut
Only one female choice? [In reply to] Can't Post

Not that I'd want to be Ioreth or Gilraen.

Annael
Half-elven

Nov 4 2012, 4:11pm

Post #28 of 36 (182 views)
Shortcut
Faramir! [In reply to] Can't Post

no question.

flameofudun
Lorien

Nov 10 2012, 5:01am

Post #29 of 36 (258 views)
Shortcut
Aragorn [In reply to] Can't Post

I chose aragorn, just because he is so cool, in a subtle, distict kind of way. One of the lines I love in the movie is " you do not have the cares you carry now" which is what arwen says to aragorn in rivendell. Don't ask me why, it just speaks to me. I almost chose Beren though, he is extremeley cool. He is practically the father of men. But boromir, I think, resembles the
Brash but kind hearted character, who makes mistakes, but means well. I think we all have a bit of boromir in us. And by beregond, I assume you mean the beregond of the tower guard of minas tirith, not the beregond who was a steward of gondor?

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Nov 10 2012, 2:13pm

Post #30 of 36 (253 views)
Shortcut
Yes I meant the Beregond of the Citadel Guard, thanks for clearing that one up.// [In reply to] Can't Post

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Nov 11 2012, 5:35am

Post #31 of 36 (151 views)
Shortcut
In that case, I'd agree with Nightingale [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd like to be a female Aragorn as well. I might also have chosen Faramir, but it's just so sad that his father doesn't respect him the way he does Boromir.

(This post was edited by zarabia on Nov 11 2012, 5:36am)

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 11 2012, 9:16am

Post #32 of 36 (232 views)
Shortcut
I'd go for Galadriel or Melian [In reply to] Can't Post

Mainly because I love both characters. Someone must be able to say something about our personalities based on who we choose ...

Wink

willowing
Lorien

Nov 12 2012, 8:01pm

Post #33 of 36 (141 views)
Shortcut
She's not mentioned by name in your poll but I chose Andreth [In reply to] Can't Post

I think Andreth's relationship with Aegnor is more heart felt
and touching than Luthien and Beren's. Unsure

Finwe
Lorien

Nov 17 2012, 6:11pm

Post #34 of 36 (110 views)
Shortcut
Elros [In reply to] Can't Post

Who wouldn't want to live 500 (mostly) blissful years?

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Nov 21 2012, 7:50pm

Post #35 of 36 (225 views)
Shortcut
Haleth, the chieftainess of Badass [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd have a Slap Slap Kiss Kiss romance with Caranthir. Heart Heart Heart Angelic

Aethelwyne Bolger
Bree

Feb 13 2013, 1:36am

Post #36 of 36 (259 views)
Shortcut
If I couldn't be a Hobbit... [In reply to] Can't Post

Then I would be a woman from Gondor. Even as a child when I first read the books, I felt such a connection to the white city, ancient and full of learning, the sea calling to me, the white tree lovingly guarded and tended. I felt like I would have been descended from the race of Numenor, for I was tall with dark hair and grey eyes, and for a long time my favorite colors were cool blue, soft lavender grey and silvery grey.

I guess I would have been Aethelwyne, for that name will always be a part of me even though...

as a hobbit, I now feel my name should be Bellawen Bolger of Bree!
and I wish I could change it if the mods would forgive me for changing my name twice last year. I swear this would be the last time!Angelic

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.