Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Azog already revealed?! (question, no revelation)
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Oct 18 2012, 7:38pm

Post #51 of 59 (4270 views)
Shortcut
Hopefully in Germany too ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

Tomorrow I'll visit a German TRU and hopefully they got Yazneg there too.

I think I gonna buy it twice: One for my collection in my glass cabinets and one with it's original packaging as an safe investment for possibly bad times Tongue

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 18 2012, 7:53pm

Post #52 of 59 (4274 views)
Shortcut
I'll be gutted if it doesn't make me some money! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

I'm impressed by Yazneg actually ... I might buy the others! Blush

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Oct 18 2012, 8:22pm

Post #53 of 59 (4272 views)
Shortcut
First I was disappointed [In reply to] Can't Post

When I saw the first images of TH action figures I thought: WTF?
I was a huge fan of the first waves of LOTR action figures from ToyBiz. Very detailed, very well made. They look great and not that childish in my glass cabinets. That was the big difference between this merchandise and the generic ones of Harry Potter or different similar cheap products. Recently I found images in the internet made by guys who already bought some of TH merchandise and it doesn't look that bad as I thought. I trust them more than Toys 'R Us or Bridge Direct Tongue

After you told me Daniel about your first Yazneg impression I begin to forget my first depression (yes this rhyme was planned) Wink

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

Fardragon
Rohan

Oct 18 2012, 9:45pm

Post #54 of 59 (4254 views)
Shortcut
I can't help thinking that Yazneg doesn't actually exist in the movie. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's an Auton plot. Soon, the signal will go out, and all over the world hordes of little plastic Yaznegs will wake up and exterminate humanity.

A Far Dragon is the best kind...

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 18 2012, 9:49pm

Post #55 of 59 (4303 views)
Shortcut
And P.Boyens is the Nestene Consciousness? [In reply to] Can't Post

I knew there was something fishy going on.

Phibbus
Rohan

Oct 19 2012, 2:25am

Post #56 of 59 (4232 views)
Shortcut
Nice [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe you'll be able to retire on it. Or I guess you and LR, being the sole owners of the thing in the civilized world), could garner fame by regaling the internet with detailed pictures.Shocked

Out of curiosity, is the back of the package just blank, unprinted cardboard, or is there a back laminate that only lacks a bio?

Also, he doesn't happen to be missing an eye as well as part of an ear, does he? (It wasn't clear in best highres pic that's been floating around.)

Man is but an ass if he go about to expound this dream.

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 19 2012, 7:04am

Post #57 of 59 (4238 views)
Shortcut
The back is printed the same as the others [In reply to] Can't Post

Just lacking a character biography. It has the film synopsis, a picture of Yazneg, and pictures of the other figures.

I haven't looked closely at the head - when I get back from work I'll let you know. Smile

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Oct 19 2012, 2:04pm

Post #58 of 59 (4214 views)
Shortcut
No Hobbits in German Toys 'R Us yet :( [In reply to] Can't Post

I just returned from my trip to a German TRU and unfortunetely there aren't any Hobbit action figures or similar Hobbit-related things yet Frown I asked one of the employees and she told me that they do not even have any information about the first wave of figures yet. It's funny because I already noticed Hobbit figure packaging with english, french AND german descriptions in the internet... Hopefully the Yazneg figure makes it to Germany Unsure

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 19 2012, 3:32pm

Post #59 of 59 (4310 views)
Shortcut
Yazneg has both eyes and ears [In reply to] Can't Post

One of his ears is larger, and sticks out more though.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.