Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Home Port:
Halloween in Middle-Earth

Ziggy Stardust
Gunner

Oct 7 2012, 12:32am

Post #1 of 10 (842 views)
Shortcut
Halloween in Middle-Earth Can't Post

So is anyone dressing up as anything from The Hobbit or Lord of the Rings for Halloween? Or dressing up at all as something? If you're young, are you going out? For everyone, are you going to a party or giving out candy? Do you have any interesting stories to tell?

For the past four years I've been dressing up and giving out candy. This year, in honor of the release of the Hobbit in theaters, I was planning on dressing up as an elf. (Not a specific elf character from any of the works, just making up my own costume so I don't have to work to hard.Angelic ) But it depends on whether I can get any elf ears on time. If not, I may just go with my vampire costume again.
My interesting story is, last year I had dressed up as a vampire, and the left fang got stuck! I had to go to the dentist to get it removed! Blush Laugh

If you have pictures of costumes, feel free to share!

Bombadil
First Mate

Oct 7 2012, 2:16am

Post #2 of 10 (555 views)
Shortcut
Ziggy after the Debate at Denver University I think there will be A LOT of [In reply to] Can't Post

BIG BIRDS out on Halloween
Me..I may be hiding until this election is over.

I do have a Jean jacket with the inscription of
The One.. like my Avatar which I wear Everyday
embroaderied in Gold
And Hobbit bedroom Slippers..Ill wear
if I do go out. ALSO my Arkenstone in my pocket.

Anymore I worry since it's easy to hide weapons
Under Costumes.
I should know since
I live 5 miles
West of Aurora Colorado.

Ring-Bearer
Cabin Boy

Oct 7 2012, 4:27am

Post #3 of 10 (541 views)
Shortcut
Planning to be a Nazgūl with my friend... [In reply to] Can't Post

But alas we cannot find seven other people to join in the fun. It's just for school though- and no screeching at people and chasing the short kids...Smile

'What are we holding on to, Sam?'
'There's good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for!'

'I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!'

grammaboodawg
Captain

Oct 7 2012, 12:43pm

Post #4 of 10 (579 views)
Shortcut
I have 2 LotR-themed costumes [In reply to] Can't Post

The gammer costume I've worn A LOT over the years, especially at the potluck party we have at work. I wore my gammer costume to the LotR Marathon we had at my local theatre that I helped organize, and the Trelawney costume to the Harry Potter Deathly Hallows opening nights. But my favourite is my Nazgul costume. You can't tell by the pic (which I've lightened a bit), but there are 4 layers of black material and a hood with a see-through face covering. It's funny to see a 5'3" Wraith walking across campus (I work at a university) on the way to the parking lot. Last time, I had some students holler across the green and ask if I was a Black Rider. I do a pretty decent Nazgul cry, so I just turned and gave them a screech and kept on walking... with them laughing and one small applause ;)

I'm trying to make an Orc costume for this year, but it's looking like I won't have time to finish it until The Hobbit opening night and the line party I'm organizing.

Trelawney
Raggedy gramma
gammer
Wraith

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Ring-Bearer
Cabin Boy

Oct 7 2012, 2:34pm

Post #5 of 10 (638 views)
Shortcut
Nice Wraith costume, Grammaboodawg! [In reply to] Can't Post

We're trying to figure out how to make costumes like this... The fabric store might have something. Any ideas on how to make the helmet/mask of the Witch King of Agmar?

Ziggy Stardust
Gunner

Oct 8 2012, 12:53am

Post #6 of 10 (524 views)
Shortcut
Those are some great costumes! [In reply to] Can't Post

I espeically like the Ring-Wraith. Cool

grammaboodawg
Captain

Oct 8 2012, 2:37am

Post #7 of 10 (523 views)
Shortcut
I wouldn't know how [In reply to] Can't Post

to make the helmet. I know they sell them on eBay & other such places. I'd start with paper mache and build on it systematically.

I started with a black graduation robe and added layers of different types of flowing fabric. I made the hood for this one with a large straw hat. :)

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Ring-Bearer
Cabin Boy

Oct 8 2012, 2:41am

Post #8 of 10 (519 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Gramma [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the ideas, we'll see how it all goes. I was also thinking of just making the crown as seen by Frodo when wearing the Ring.
Very nice costumes!

shirehobbit
Cabin Boy

Oct 8 2012, 9:52pm

Post #9 of 10 (504 views)
Shortcut
Classic witch... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be trick or treating with my cousins this year, or at least walking the younger ones. I'm going in a classic witch gidup. Black clothes, black cloak (if I can get it done) and of course the broom and hat.

Ziggy Stardust
Gunner

Oct 9 2012, 12:46am

Post #10 of 10 (745 views)
Shortcut
Sounds nice [In reply to] Can't Post

Nothing wrong with classic. Have fun with your cousins!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.