Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Warner Bros. confirms Hobbit extended edition
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Lindele
Gondor

Oct 5 2012, 6:42pm

Post #76 of 90 (377 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Carne
Tol Eressea

Oct 5 2012, 11:28pm

Post #77 of 90 (405 views)
Shortcut
The head of Collider (very legit site) was sent an email by WB saying an extended edition has not been confirmed [In reply to] Can't Post

https://twitter.com/...s/254361962123780096

We'll probably get one though.

(This post was edited by Carne on Oct 5 2012, 11:29pm)

Ardamírë
Valinor

Oct 5 2012, 11:54pm

Post #78 of 90 (366 views)
Shortcut
Well that's not surprising. [In reply to] Can't Post

I was more surprised to find out we were getting one. I would totally not be surprised to find that we're not. Three theatricals is pushing it, I think. How much more could be left for EEs?

"...and his first memory of Middle-earth was the green stone above her breast as she sang above his cradle while Gondolin was still in flower." -Unfinished Tales

Pipe Dream
Gondor

Oct 6 2012, 12:06am

Post #79 of 90 (343 views)
Shortcut
I had a feeling that was pre three film news. [In reply to] Can't Post

"There is a long road yet," said Gandalf. "But it is the last road," said Bilbo.

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Oct 6 2012, 2:48am

Post #80 of 90 (336 views)
Shortcut
Legit but not infallible [In reply to] Can't Post

I believe it was they who reported that Willem Dafoe would be staring in Guillermo Del Toro's current film... turned out to be just a rumour.

Edit: Also it would seem a little damage control is in order having announced there would be an extended edition before the theatrical release even hits the screen -- talk about "milking it."

(This post was edited by SirDennisC on Oct 6 2012, 2:51am)

Ring-Bearer
Rivendell

Oct 6 2012, 3:02am

Post #81 of 90 (309 views)
Shortcut
If that is the case [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe any extra footage planned while only two films were in motion will be used for the third film. It wouldn't surprise me though if extended editions do emerge.

'What are we holding on to, Sam?'
'There's good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for!'

'I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!'

Fardragon
Rohan

Oct 6 2012, 8:17am

Post #82 of 90 (292 views)
Shortcut
I think there will be extended editions [In reply to] Can't Post

The pacing for something to be watched at home (with the benefit of a pause button) can be very different to something cut for cinema. PJ knows this, and put together the LotR trilogy with two versions in mind.

A Far Dragon is the best kind...

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 6 2012, 8:19am

Post #83 of 90 (266 views)
Shortcut
Oh dear :-( / [In reply to] Can't Post

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Oct 6 2012, 9:02am

Post #84 of 90 (260 views)
Shortcut
I imagine PJ is editing both versions at the same time... [In reply to] Can't Post

Rather than going back and revisiting. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, or whether it'll effect his decisions in any way. Could mean he'd be more willing to cut certain material, knowing it'll be in the EE's

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 6 2012, 10:19am

Post #85 of 90 (329 views)
Shortcut
This seems to be the Warner Bros. statement [In reply to] Can't Post

In the recently distributed calendar included in the Warner Bros. 90th Anniversary press kit, there was an erroneous mention of an Extended Edition release for The Hobbit film. This product has not been confirmed yet and we apologize for any confusion.

Túrin_Turambar
The Shire

Oct 6 2012, 3:52pm

Post #86 of 90 (211 views)
Shortcut
"This product has not been confirmed yet" [In reply to] Can't Post

Does including the word "yet" into that statement imply that WB will confirm in the future?

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 6 2012, 4:03pm

Post #87 of 90 (228 views)
Shortcut
I think this is most likely [In reply to] Can't Post

There will be an EE, but someone let slip too soon. They won't want to confirm completely until a final cut has been made of AUJ.

Escapist
Gondor

Oct 6 2012, 4:10pm

Post #88 of 90 (226 views)
Shortcut
I think EEs could be the perfect solution [In reply to] Can't Post

if the problem is that they still have more good and usable scenes than what some kind of external restriction related to making the movie close to 2 hours because of 3D glasses and eye strain or something of that order.

But with the change in the movie structure, I wouldn't expect there to be as much of this kind of material in AUJ compared to DOS and TABA. But if they release EEs later on then they can have more of the "story of the making of The Hobbit" or more backstage antics on the disc that goes with AUJ - or something like that.

TheRealBeren
Rivendell

Oct 6 2012, 4:38pm

Post #89 of 90 (212 views)
Shortcut
hooray! [In reply to] Can't Post

YES!Somebody read my posts :) And let's hope this extended hogwash stays dead.

totoro
Lorien

Oct 6 2012, 5:57pm

Post #90 of 90 (318 views)
Shortcut
Advertising an EE... [In reply to] Can't Post

... seems like poor marketing. I know most of us will rush out to see the theatrical version, but those with more patience might want to wait until the whole film is there. (Not that EE is necessarily better than theatrical.)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.