Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
This is for you...

weaver
Half-elven

Oct 9 2012, 3:27am

Views: 123
Shortcut
This is for you... [In reply to] Can't Post

Your sentiments are not absurd at all! And here's proof! I don't know if you are a Frasier fan, but Martin Crane's eulogy to his chair starts at about 12:56 in this video.

To answer your questions, I read most books in the bathtub these days (!); I have three sons, so it was the only place I could go when they were younger where they'd leave me alone long enough to read without any interruptions. I got to like it, so I still read in the tub even though my boys are mostly grown up at this point!

In terms of Tolkien, though, it's not a place that I associate with reading him, but more a time. To me, reading LOTR late at night, and then going out to look at the stars, is very special. That's what I did when I finished ROTK for the first time a Long Time Ago, and that memory has stayed with me.

Cheers, elevevorn! *Raises glass*-- "To your chair!"

Weaver

Subject User Time
The great chair of reading elevorn Send a private message to elevorn Oct 3 2012, 5:51pm
    That chair was my friend! Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn Oct 3 2012, 7:50pm
        Hopefully the search will begin soon elevorn Send a private message to elevorn Oct 3 2012, 7:54pm
    Three places I associate with 'reading' LOTR Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 3 2012, 8:07pm
    I like to read by the sherlock Send a private message to sherlock Oct 4 2012, 2:26pm
        Funny how elevorn Send a private message to elevorn Oct 4 2012, 3:10pm
    Who says a home has to be limited to a structure or place on a map? grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Oct 5 2012, 9:18am
    This is for you... weaver Send a private message to weaver Oct 9 2012, 3:27am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.