Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Who do you think looks the most to least Dwarven.?

Thorins_apprentice
Rohan

Oct 3 2012, 9:34am

Post #1 of 6 (656 views)
Shortcut
Who do you think looks the most to least Dwarven.? Can't Post

Here's mineWink
Gloin
Oin
Bifur
Balin
Dwalin
Dori
Fili
Bombur
Nori
Bofur
Ori
Thorin
Kili

We are more connected than ever before, more able to spread our ideas and beliefs, our anger and fears. As we exercise the right to advocate our views, and as we animate our supporters, we must all assume responsibility for our words and actions before they enter a vast echo chamber and reach those both serious and delirious, connected and unhinged.

(This post was edited by Thorins_apprentice on Oct 3 2012, 9:43am)

Thorins_apprentice
Rohan

Oct 3 2012, 9:59am

Post #2 of 6 (367 views)
Shortcut
In my opinion [In reply to] Can't Post

Despite the minuscule beard, Fili looks very Dwarven,.I'd even go as far to say that he looks related to Gloin.I think it's the stocky Broad shoulders or something, which is surprising because Dean O Gorman has an agular elvish face but i think they pulled it off.

We are more connected than ever before, more able to spread our ideas and beliefs, our anger and fears. As we exercise the right to advocate our views, and as we animate our supporters, we must all assume responsibility for our words and actions before they enter a vast echo chamber and reach those both serious and delirious, connected and unhinged.

(This post was edited by Thorins_apprentice on Oct 3 2012, 10:09am)

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 3 2012, 10:05am

Post #3 of 6 (337 views)
Shortcut
My opinion [In reply to] Can't Post

When I first read the LOTR trilogy, I straight away thought of the "traditional" Dwarven look, and film Gimli (and the other Dwarves shown) largely fitted what I imagined in my head.

Based solely on appearance. it's not surprising that Gloin, Oin and Balin would rank high on my list, while Fili, Kili and Thorin would rank low.

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Spencissimus
Lorien

Oct 3 2012, 1:37pm

Post #4 of 6 (309 views)
Shortcut
Here's mine [In reply to] Can't Post

Oin (appropriate levels of gruffness & beardiness)

Gloin (he is, as much as I hate to admit it. tbh I've always thought his look was uninspired)

Nori (particularly in the most recent scroll image...he has the right proportions & a wonderful beard. the star-hair, which I love, is irrelevant)

Thorin (I'm not at all fussed about his beard, he looks like a perfect, regal dwarf to me)

Dori, Bombur, Bifur, Dwalin, Fili, Ori, Bofur (these 7 all look very dwarvish to me, in their own ways...can't really separate them [unless I spent time I don't have])

Kili (I haven't bothered with having an issue with Kili, but I concede he looks the least dwarven)

silneldor
Half-elven

Oct 5 2012, 1:57am

Post #5 of 6 (293 views)
Shortcut
I am surprized to find, [In reply to] Can't Post

that i have an annoyance of Thorin looking way to human-like. I keep thinking there was some ....oh, never mind.

Ring-Bearer
Rivendell

Oct 6 2012, 3:27am

Post #6 of 6 (564 views)
Shortcut
Probably Gloin most of all [In reply to] Can't Post

But that may be because of his relation to Gimli, who looks more dwarven than any of the dwarves we have seen for The Hobbit.

'What are we holding on to, Sam?'
'There's good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for!'

'I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!'

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.