Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
One amongst you with the skill must youtube post a version of the new Trailer, with all the edited scenes sequentially added in.
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Grey Havens

Sep 26 2012, 5:42pm

Post #26 of 32 (238 views)
Shortcut
Specially for you AinurOlorin a cronologycal mashup trailer [In reply to] Can't Post

But without sound, just music, I found it too hard to put all the auio right

Hope you and all enjoy, it gives a close vibe about how the film is going to be, and for me at least, tastes good!

http://youtu.be/LeZhBoKYhvE

I can not guarantee his safety - understood...
Nor will I be responsible for his fate - Doh!

Mooseboy018
Gondor

Sep 26 2012, 6:29pm

Post #27 of 32 (184 views)
Shortcut
Bolg? [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought it was already pretty clear that it was Thrain.

His clothing doesn't really look like Bolg's, and his face looks pretty dwarf-like to me.

Hamfast of Gamwich
Rivendell

Sep 26 2012, 7:09pm

Post #28 of 32 (201 views)
Shortcut
Mashed up trailer [In reply to] Can't Post

Posted by Jeremy in another thread, this is a really good mixed trailer with sound and everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7spUbO67Iso

Only thing thats missing is the scene of the dwarves and gandalf waiting in the cave before entering Goblin town. Regardless, it's amazing that someone took the time to do this and did such a great job.

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Grey Havens

Sep 26 2012, 7:26pm

Post #29 of 32 (207 views)
Shortcut
Ok I did it barely for nothing [In reply to] Can't Post

I havenīt seen this oneUnsure

I can not guarantee his safety - understood...
Nor will I be responsible for his fate - Doh!

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Sep 26 2012, 11:49pm

Post #30 of 32 (196 views)
Shortcut
Thank you very much, Issac! [In reply to] Can't Post

That was very well done! Too bad the dialogue wouldn't go, but everything else was great. Great musical choice, it went really well with much of the footage, and the way the scenes were cut and put together was also very impressive.

In Reply To
But without sound, just music, I found it too hard to put all the auio right

Hope you and all enjoy, it gives a close vibe about how the film is going to be, and for me at least, tastes good!

http://youtu.be/LeZhBoKYhvE

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Sep 27 2012, 2:06am

Post #31 of 32 (191 views)
Shortcut
There's a couple reasons I think it's Bolg [In reply to] Can't Post

Okay maybe 3 or more reasons. Most relate to the Bridge Direct Bolg figure that was leaked, posted here and elsewhere and then taken down. Not sure if it's up anywhere still.

1. The person Gandalf's fighting is at least as tall, if not taller than him. It isn't obvious from the first part of the clip but it is on the reverse angle (where we see Bolg's face and Gandalf's backside). Bolg is shown to be taller than Gandalf in the action figure pack.

2. There appears to be a band of metal or something across his face from his left eyebrow down to below his right eye, just as on the BD Bolg figure.

3. His forehead is high and he's shaggy at the temples and below the chin, just as the BD Bolg.

4. And finally Gandalf and Bolg are bundled together as an action pack suggesting it was intended that they would have some sort of encounter in film one of the two film model (e.g. before they decided to make 3 films).

That's all I got. The glimpse we get of Bolg in the clip is less than half a second. And unless you have seen the Bolg action figure, it will be hard to gauge the resemblance.

Want to display a The Hobbit cover of your own? Click Here
Thank you Magpie!

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Sep 27 2012, 5:27am

Post #32 of 32 (247 views)
Shortcut
But look at the pattern on his robe [In reply to] Can't Post

It is a geometric pattern that looks rather dwarvish...Plus, it seems to be a simple robe. Bolg, on the other hand, has some very intricate and gruesome armor on...

As for the height thing, I think they just weren't using forced perspective there, as it was such a quick action scene...Probably Thrain's body double.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.