Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
There have been extensive discussions here on Torn about The Arkenstone

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Sep 25 2012, 8:36pm

Views: 108
Shortcut
There have been extensive discussions here on Torn about The Arkenstone [In reply to] Can't Post

as a prototype for the Silmarils. It has a special and perhaps magical spell it casts upon the individual who holds it.

And in the heat of the moment Thorin was not thinking in legal terms, contract or no.

I still think the best explanation for Thorin and Bilbo's behavior was the Dragon sickness attached to Smaug's amassed treasure. I am fairly sure that is what the author had in mind.

Kangi Ska Resident Trickster & Wicked White Crebain
Life is an adventure, not a contest.

At night you can not tell if crows are black or white.
Photobucket

Subject User Time
The Clouds Burst *Spoilers There&ThereAgain Send a private message to There&ThereAgain Sep 24 2012, 3:07am
    Agreed 100% Elutherian Send a private message to Elutherian Sep 24 2012, 3:30am
        It would be heartbreaking... stoutfiles Send a private message to stoutfiles Sep 24 2012, 12:37pm
            I lost a lot of respect for Thorin on this occasion Reptile Send a private message to Reptile Sep 25 2012, 1:30am
                Simple Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Sep 25 2012, 1:37am
                    Simple up to a point Reptile Send a private message to Reptile Sep 25 2012, 2:14am
                        Pride and greed gets the better of him Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Sep 25 2012, 5:49am
                            I would point out though Solicitr Send a private message to Solicitr Sep 25 2012, 2:26pm
                                I agree entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Sep 25 2012, 3:02pm
                                    IMO Fardragon Send a private message to Fardragon Sep 25 2012, 3:22pm
                                        I agree entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Sep 25 2012, 3:33pm
                                            By this point I think Fardragon Send a private message to Fardragon Sep 25 2012, 3:38pm
                                Given the attractive powers of the Arkenstone (very like a Silmarilion) Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Sep 25 2012, 5:57pm
                                    Well, Solicitr Send a private message to Solicitr Sep 25 2012, 6:21pm
                                        There have been extensive discussions here on Torn about The Arkenstone Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Sep 25 2012, 8:36pm
    one of my favorites Mooseboy018 Send a private message to Mooseboy018 Sep 24 2012, 6:40am
        Me too Rolfina Send a private message to Rolfina Sep 24 2012, 7:47am
    Fully agreed. macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Sep 24 2012, 7:28am
        It could go to far the other way Fardragon Send a private message to Fardragon Sep 24 2012, 7:35am
    This is why TABA excites me more than ROTK ever did! / DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Sep 24 2012, 9:21am
        Me too. macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Sep 24 2012, 9:38am
            Wow! It's incredible how much I disagree with this one. xxxyyy Send a private message to xxxyyy Sep 24 2012, 10:22am
                Too similar to LOTR? macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Sep 24 2012, 10:33am
                    Ok: LOTR = an improved version of the Hobbit. xxxyyy Send a private message to xxxyyy Sep 24 2012, 2:02pm
                        you could see it like that There&ThereAgain Send a private message to There&ThereAgain Sep 24 2012, 3:42pm
                            I suspect that Tolkien was somewhat torn - Hanzkaz Sep 24 2012, 5:41pm
                                Hobbittillion :-) Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Sep 24 2012, 9:04pm
                        Couldn't disagree more. macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Sep 24 2012, 4:59pm
                            Everyone is different imin Send a private message to imin Sep 24 2012, 5:09pm
                            in many ways There&ThereAgain Send a private message to There&ThereAgain Sep 24 2012, 5:11pm
    How do you think will PJ handle the end of the Hobbit? Valandil ed Imladris Send a private message to Valandil ed Imladris Sep 24 2012, 9:59am
        Well, we heard that Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Sep 24 2012, 10:18am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.