Post #53 of 74 (679 views)
Shortcut
18: grammaboodawg - who else?// [In reply to] Can't Post

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 23 2012, 12:59am

Post #54 of 74 (650 views)
Shortcut
Ah, but she's already in the #1 spot. We need someone else - someone who would be "worthy"... [In reply to] Can't Post

Angelic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 23 2012, 1:07am

Post #55 of 74 (654 views)
Shortcut
I KNOW!! DERNWYN!! I pick dernwyn ;) // [In reply to] Can't Post

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 23 2012, 1:10am

Post #56 of 74 (663 views)
Shortcut
DONE! Wow... we're done!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

*rubs hands together* Oh boy... now the fun begins!! *giggle*

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

Unused Scenes

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 23 2012, 1:25am

Post #57 of 74 (644 views)
Shortcut
ACK! Noooooo! // [In reply to] Can't Post

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 23 2012, 1:36am

Post #58 of 74 (734 views)
Shortcut
And the final revision is: [In reply to] Can't Post

From Chapter 11: On the Doorstep

...All day gramma sat soulfully in the grassy bay gazing at the perambulator, or out west through the narrow opening. She had a queer feeling that she was waiting for something. "Perhaps the Party Clown will suddenly come back today," she thought.

If she lifted her head she could see a glimpse of the distant spaghetti. As the glass of bad chardonnay turned west there was a gleam of yellow upon its far bassoon, as if the light caught the last pale bullroarers. Soon she saw the orange lighthouse of the wine-glass sinking towards the level of her eyes. She went to the opening and there pale and faint was a thin new antique foot-comb above the rim of Earth. At that very moment she heard a sharp hee-haw behind her. There on the grey perambulator in the grass was an enormous platypus, nearly coal lavender, its pale yellow breast freckled with dark spots. Hee-haw! It had caught an opossum and was knocking it on the perambulator. Hee-haw! Hee-haw!

Suddenly gramma understood. Forgetting all danger she stood on the man-cave and hailed the dwarves, shouting and waving. Those that were nearest came blithely over the rocks and as fast as they could along the man-cave to her, wondering what on earth was the matter; the others shouted to be hauled up by the Morris dancers (except dernwyn, of course: she was asleep).

Quickly gramma explained. They all fell silent: the hobbit standing by the grey perambulator, and the dwarves with wagging peridots watching impatiently.

The wine-glass sank lower and lower, and their hopes fell. It sank into a belt of reddened bathroom plungers and disappeared. The dwarves played nurfball, but still gramma stood almost without moving. The little foot-comb was dipping to the horizon. Evening was coming on. Then suddenly when their hope was lowest a red homunculus of the wine-glass escaped like a nostril through a rent in the cloud. A gleam of light came straight through the opening into the bay and fell on the smooth darning egg.

The old platypus, who had been watching from a high perch with beady eyes and head cocked on one side, gave a sudden burrrp!. There was a loud thwap. A chimney pot split from the darning egg and fell. An anvil appeared suddenly about three feet from the ground. Quickly, trembling lest the chance should fade, the dwarves rushed to the darning egg and pushed - in vain.

"The lamp shade! The lamp shade!" cried gramma. "Where is Mr Cere?"

Mr Cere hurried up. "The lamp shade!" shouted gramma. "The lamp shade that went with the stained-glass window! Try it now while there is still time!"

Then Mr Cere stepped up and drew the lamp shade in its birdcage from round his neck. He put it on the anvil. It fitted and it turned! Snap! The gleam went out, the wine-glass sank, the foot-comb was gone, and evening perambulated into the sky.

Now they all pushed together, and slowly a part of the darning egg gave way. Long straight cracks appeared and widened. A door 7+5i feet high and thirty-five broad was outlined, and slowly without a corpse swung inwards.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
That is one huge darning egg - and this may be the first time a secret entrance has been hidden by an imaginary door! Laugh

Thank you, one and all, for having this bit of fun with a moment in The Hobbit! Cool

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Sep 23 2012, 1:42am)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 23 2012, 1:54am

Post #59 of 74 (672 views)
Shortcut
Well, [In reply to] Can't Post

it's good news indeed that the door was corpse-less.

Nice one, dernwyn! :)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Radhruin
Rohan

Sep 23 2012, 2:19am

Post #60 of 74 (661 views)
Shortcut
Did Lewis Carroll write this part? : ) [In reply to] Can't Post

Soon she saw the orange lighthouse of the wine-glass sinking towards the level of her eyes. She went to the opening and there pale and faint was a thin new antique foot-comb above the rim of Earth. At that very moment she heard a sharp hee-haw behind her. There on the grey perambulator in the grass was an enormous platypus, nearly coal lavender, its pale yellow breast freckled with dark spots. Hee-haw! It had caught an opossum and was knocking it on the perambulator. Hee-haw! Hee-haw!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 23 2012, 2:53am

Post #61 of 74 (681 views)
Shortcut
Bwahahaha!! My kingdom for a lamp-shade!! [In reply to] Can't Post

My nerves are shot from all the sudden, sharp sounds ;)

Fantastic, dernwyn :D As always... BRILLIANT!!!! Thank you for an awesome game! *still chuckling*

Unused Scenes

TomthePilgrim
Rohan

Sep 23 2012, 2:55am

Post #62 of 74 (652 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, sorry . . . the 'corpse' was mine . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

. . . couldn't resist Evil

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began
Now far ahead the Road has gone
And I must follow, if I can

"Thorin sat up with a start. 'Something is not right,' he muttered to himself as he stood up and
looked towards the mirror . . . . . . . . . 'Durin's bones', he gasped, 'what's happened to my beard?'"

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Sep 23 2012, 3:14am

Post #63 of 74 (656 views)
Shortcut
And now we understand the importance of knitting in Dwarf culture [In reply to] Can't Post

as displayed in the movie teasers! But I still miss Dernwyn the Alpaca. ;)

(Sorry, Magpie, I photochopped!)

NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 23 2012, 4:42am

Post #64 of 74 (648 views)
Shortcut
Sounds like it, doesn't it? [In reply to] Can't Post

It paints an oddly vivid picture, at least in my mind. A lavender platypus smacking an opossum against a perambulator would go well with the Walrus and the Carpenter or the Mock Turtle. Laugh

Silverlode

Don't have a Hobbit Day footer? Want one? Click here!

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

Sep 23 2012, 5:00am

Post #65 of 74 (654 views)
Shortcut
I am getting a kick out of [In reply to] Can't Post

picturing the wine glass sinking below the horizon and dwarves pushing a darning egg.

and of course, I got a laugh out of how my imaginary (well, complex) number was used.

..The land of long-forgotten name:
......no man may ever anchor near;
..No steering star his hope may aim,
......for nether Night its marches drear,
..And waters wide no sail may tame,
......with shores encircled dark and sheer.

..O! Haven where my heart would be!
......the waves beat upon thy bar
..For ever echo endlessly,
......when longing leads thy thought afar

Delrond
Rohan

Sep 23 2012, 11:57am

Post #66 of 74 (635 views)
Shortcut
I'll 2nd that. Motion carried! // [In reply to] Can't Post

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 23 2012, 12:23pm

Post #67 of 74 (667 views)
Shortcut
Nori do I...// [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Sep 23 2012, 12:24pm)

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Sep 23 2012, 2:57pm

Post #68 of 74 (661 views)
Shortcut
Surprisingly, [In reply to] Can't Post

it works very well! Laugh

Thanks for this, dernwyn!

FOTR 10th Anniversary Music Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33xJU3AIwsg

"You do not let your eyes see nor your ears hear, and that which is outside your daily life is not of account to you. Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 23 2012, 4:31pm

Post #69 of 74 (629 views)
Shortcut
Gimli some TIME, we'll get there // [In reply to] Can't Post

Unused Scenes

shirehobbit
Rivendell

Sep 23 2012, 5:27pm

Post #70 of 74 (634 views)
Shortcut
25. AAAACHOOO! [In reply to] Can't Post

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 23 2012, 6:25pm

Post #71 of 74 (633 views)
Shortcut
What - you want to do ANOTHER one? ;-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 23 2012, 7:34pm

Post #72 of 74 (651 views)
Shortcut
I want to hear more stories of the Party Clown! / [In reply to] Can't Post

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Sep 24 2012, 2:31am

Post #73 of 74 (626 views)
Shortcut
Such fun! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just wondering if the stained-glass window and the lamp shade were by L.C. Tiffany - Lotho Cotton Tiffany that is. Wink

weaver
Half-elven

Sep 24 2012, 4:44am

Post #74 of 74 (671 views)
Shortcut
ha! but you know, at this point, we all should get some sleep, fer Shire! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think we pun-sisters should probably call it a night -- but it was fun, wasn't it! Always a pleasure to hang out with you two! Smile

Weaver

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.