Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
PJ should film a Radagast sequence for LOTR!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

imin
Valinor

Sep 22 2012, 8:37pm

Post #26 of 45 (133 views)
Shortcut
Ah that must be it then! [In reply to] Can't Post

He has a secret herd of dairy cows that graze in the forest and he forgets to clean his face after they poo all over him! Someone should teach him a better method for milking cows. Silly Radagast, lol.

Lacrimae Rerum
Grey Havens

Sep 22 2012, 8:40pm

Post #27 of 45 (149 views)
Shortcut
In fairness to him [In reply to] Can't Post

In anything but fully automated parlours, splatters are pretty much inevitable.

LR

imin
Valinor

Sep 22 2012, 9:41pm

Post #28 of 45 (130 views)
Shortcut
yeah he is doing well for a near demi-god isn't he? :P // [In reply to] Can't Post

Lacrimae Rerum
Grey Havens

Sep 22 2012, 9:53pm

Post #29 of 45 (124 views)
Shortcut
I'm not sure I follow that? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm talking about farming but I'm not sure if we are at cross purposes!

LR

imin
Valinor

Sep 23 2012, 8:03am

Post #30 of 45 (119 views)
Shortcut
I'm just messing around :p [In reply to] Can't Post

You said thats a fact of life for a dairy farmer and i just thought considering he is one of the maia he would have figured out a way to not get poo on his face, lol. So for a maia (demi god) he is doing well isnt he (sarcasm).

Doesnt really work now i have had to explain it though, haha. damn the internet and my poor use of language!

Fardragon
Rohan

Sep 23 2012, 8:29am

Post #31 of 45 (105 views)
Shortcut
Vets scrub fequently [In reply to] Can't Post

since they work in a semi-sterile environment. But I know people who work at an animal rescue centre, and they are frequently poo-splattered. Birds are the biggest culprits, and Radagast is especially fond of them.

A Far Dragon is the best kind...

Fardragon
Rohan

Sep 23 2012, 9:28am

Post #32 of 45 (107 views)
Shortcut
it doesn't really matter what it is. [In reply to] Can't Post

Radagast is dirty and scruffy (and probably smelly).

Exactly what I would expect of a daft old man who lives in the woods with a bunch of animals and birds and prefers to avoid most human (elven/dwarven) company.

It's no wonder Saruman despises him.

Fardragon
Rohan

Sep 23 2012, 9:32am

Post #33 of 45 (101 views)
Shortcut
In the guise of an old man. [In reply to] Can't Post

Even if he could access his full power, I doubt keeping himself clean and well groomed would be considered an appropriate use, or that he even cares.

Milknut
Rohan

Sep 23 2012, 2:49pm

Post #34 of 45 (101 views)
Shortcut
Wow, we may get to see a wizard cry! [In reply to] Can't Post

Them's some strong words of disapproval for a Maia. I think you may find yourself looking past his scruffy appearance come December.

The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie___

imin
Valinor

Sep 23 2012, 4:29pm

Post #35 of 45 (90 views)
Shortcut
I was mostly just messing around [In reply to] Can't Post

I dont see how anyone could have thought about him having loads of poo on his face before the films came out.

Also i dunno what vets or veterinary nurses you have spent time with but from my experience dealing with them and having a family member who is a veterinary nurse they dont often have poo on them Tongue, though that could be different where you live.

I just think no matter how little you care of your appearance you would still think about taking it out of your hair/face.

It wasn't really about that though more about how with no written words about it, or really much at all on him as a character you imagined him to look 'just like that' it was meant in a humourous way but got taken seriously. I think he looks like a rough old man i think the bird poo is just a little far but then most things in this adaptation are about him.

Fardragon
Rohan

Sep 23 2012, 8:06pm

Post #36 of 45 (76 views)
Shortcut
Only humans [In reply to] Can't Post

care about appearances. If you don't deal with humans, then you wouldn't care about your appearance.

imin
Valinor

Sep 23 2012, 9:38pm

Post #37 of 45 (84 views)
Shortcut
So did you imagined him with poo on his face? // [In reply to] Can't Post

Fardragon
Rohan

Sep 23 2012, 9:56pm

Post #38 of 45 (68 views)
Shortcut
I think I already answered that. [In reply to] Can't Post

He lives in a house full of birds.

He isn't interested in the opinion of humans, and so has no reason to wash.

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Sep 24 2012, 2:37am

Post #39 of 45 (65 views)
Shortcut
I love the guano in his hair. [In reply to] Can't Post

Keeps it shiny and growing.

Kangi Ska Resident Trickster & Wicked White Crebain
Life is an adventure, not a contest.

At night you can not tell if crows are black or white.
Photobucket

imin
Valinor

Sep 24 2012, 11:42am

Post #40 of 45 (58 views)
Shortcut
I have a hard time believing anyone thought he had poo [In reply to] Can't Post

on his face before seeing what PJ designed for him. But fair enough, i guess you imagined Bifur had an axe in his head all along to! Tongue

Elenorflower
Gondor

Sep 24 2012, 2:04pm

Post #41 of 45 (45 views)
Shortcut
I certainly [In reply to] Can't Post

wouldnt eat any sandwiches that Radagast made, Crazy

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Sep 24 2012, 2:22pm

Post #42 of 45 (64 views)
Shortcut
I would not deem to limit the movie maker's creative imagination [In reply to] Can't Post

because my own is so limited. I also do not get any satisfaction in repeating the word "poo". This is a rather immature attempt to disgust the readers. If you have birds living in your hat you will have droppings in your hair. That is plain and simple.

Kangi Ska Resident Trickster & Wicked White Crebain
Life is an adventure, not a contest.

At night you can not tell if crows are black or white.
Photobucket

imin
Valinor

Sep 24 2012, 9:51pm

Post #43 of 45 (36 views)
Shortcut
I think its rather immature of PJ to have designed Radagast in such a way to be honest. [In reply to] Can't Post

It shows a lack of imagination or of trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Anyone can come up with things not in the text, whether they are appropriate or not is another thing, in this case i dont think it is - this does not mean i have a lack of imagination as you have said but rather different tastes of what is appropriate. I find PJ in this case childish/immature and was using the word poo to highlight this.

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 25 2012, 7:19am

Post #44 of 45 (31 views)
Shortcut
I have to say [In reply to] Can't Post

That I do prefer Radagast from the Decipher cards. He's much closer to how I imagined him, than the Radagast we have now.

Perhaps this would make for a good new thread?

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

imin
Valinor

Sep 25 2012, 11:27am

Post #45 of 45 (74 views)
Shortcut
Erm im not sure, probably dont need to but feel free to start one :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I think its been talked about a lot (his look) and at the end of the day it is what it is.

It's a shame as i really love the lotr movies but i feel there is more to be unhappy with this time. If as some have suspected this is the work of GDT then i am so so happy he is not the man in charge anymore as all people have said is his work - droppings on radagast face and axe in bifurs head, i have disliked.

It is what it is though and when moving around im guessing i will be watching the actor act rather than what is on his hair/face.

I think his overall design is pretty good, not what i imagined - i imagined more the Decipher card version as yourself but then they just took it too far with certain parts of his design i feel. His home looks really good - be interested to see where he keeps all those rabbits!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.